Here is how to download the Hi8 firmware for reflash

Here is how to download the Hi8 firmware for reflash

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Here is how to download the Hi8 firmware for reflash

This topic contains 32 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  ncrouch141 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Devon Lewis
    Participant

They never posted a firmware link on the Chuwi forums so I went and dug up their baidu account and found the files for the Chuwi Hi8.

Before you can download large files from their website, you will need to sign up. It’s in Chinese but it’s not hard at all. You can use this Amazon tutorial on how to do it. Baidu signup tutorial

Here are the links to the folders where the files are located.
    Baidu Link 1
    Baidu Link 2

This is a link to the folder that contains all of the Chuwi tablet files*
    Chuwi Baidu Folder

These come with Word documents that contain pictures on how to rebrush. All of the documentation is in Chinese of course so you will have to do some translating. The pictures help out for the most part though. I plan on making a tutorial on how to reflash and re-partition the tablet if I can’t get the touch screen working on Windows 10. I’ve attached a picture to give you an idea on what the documentation will look like.

If you can’t download the files and simply don’t want to have to sign up at baidu then I can upload to Mega. I already have all of the files downloaded.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kyung-Wook Kim
    Participant

Thank you very much for your sharing.

It would be very helpful if you post a guide in English 🙂

cochecito
    Participant

Please, could you upload to mega?

Thank you very much.

Simon
    Participant

Doing my best to download this, very slow from Baidu though. Will upload somewhere else once I get it.

Simon
    Participant

Devon,

Are you sure this is for the Hi8?

I’ve downloaded the main 500mb file and it’s named “img_S806_Chuwi_Super_DualOS_Wifi_V1.0.2”

This looks like the firmware for the “Chuwi VI8 Super DualOS” ?

I’ve uploaded it here anyway for others to see: https://mega.nz/#!fxQm0L6Q

Devon Lewis
    Participant

They have added more files that may help out a bit more. Here are the images and they are labled as Hi8. The folders I pasted earlier are also labled Hi8 so I’m assuming they share some of the same files.

New folders added
    Folder contents

I am downloading these now and I will upload. I download pretty fast from baidu so I will have them up before the end of the day.

Devon Lewis
    Participant

Hello Simon, I’m not 100% sure that any of these are the correct Hi8 files. I am basically just pointing to where Chuwi’s files are. I picked out the folders that had to do with Hi8 and linked them. The new folders that they have uploaded recently looks more like what we are looking for.

I can’t be sure of anything because of the fact that not all of the Chinese is translated correctly and Chuwi doesn’t really give any support while their forums are garbage. They did however post a link for their firmware in their forums but they had messed up the link and haven’t yet fixed it. I just located their folder on Baidu and started searching from there. I’d take extreme caution while flashing anything since the directions are not exactly English friendly.

Devon Lewis
    Participant

Simon
    Participant

All good, thank you Devon, this is appreciated. And thanks for uploading the new ones to Mega! 🙂

Hunain Khatri
    Participant

How to get into android flash menu? It is just fastboot.

Hunain Khatri
    Participant

Could anyone find a flashing tool for this tablet?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Power on vol+ to enter DnX mode (Download mode) Use Intel flash tools in the downloads section to flash it then you have to make the ft32 and NTFS images usbpen drives. Translate the instructions.

When ever you see brush or rebrush = Flash and flashing
    Andrews = Android

That’s translating google translate!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

John
    Participant

I noticed the Chinese flash instructions docs actually have “VI8” in the filename.
    Has anyone been brave enough yet to successfully re-flash using these image files and instructions? If so do you have any tips or improved English instructions?

David
    Participant

I killed my Hi8 by installing Windows 10 from a flash drive, and then trying to uninstall it when I read that Chuwi released a Windows 10/Lollipop update for the Hi8.  Any idea if the new files for these are on the Baidu site?  I’ve logged in and am downloading what I can find for the Hi8, but not sure if they are newer or older.  Taking a long time to download right now too.

UPDATE: I’ve added an English Translated (via Google, so poorly translated) version of the installation instructions.  I hope they help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Adrian Fedele
    Participant

Does this include the dual Android OS?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password