How to reinstall Windows?

How to reinstall Windows?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series How to reinstall Windows?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luca
    Participant

Hello guys,

I have not used my Windows partition for a year, but now I need it because I have to run a software for work, which runs on Windows only.

The problem is that my Windows installation (the original one that came with my Jumper EzBook 3 Pro) is completely messed up. It’s slow as hell, updates fail to install and other problems.

I have decided to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but… how do I do this?
    Do I simply reinstall using a USB pendrive with Win10 on it? What about the (original) license key? Will it be lost?
    Should I buy a new license?

Where to find all the necessary drivers for this laptop?
    Thanks

Mike
    Participant

Yup, standard Win10 USB would be the easy way. Make sure you have all your drivers backed (doubledriver) up just in case, or get them from the dl section. Your license should reactivate automatically (if digital license).

Luca
    Participant

Thank you.
    Is the doubledriver the only one that’s needed? I see in the downloads section that there are additional drivers listed (wifi and BT).

Mike
    Participant

I’d use Double Driver to make a backup of all drivers currently installed on your own system & download the driver packs from the site just in case. Looks like some of the drivers were updated and you never know which works on any system….

Luca
    Participant

I’ve reinstalled Windows 10 last week.

Everything went smooth. Didn’t even need to use the backup of the drivers.

Now the EZBook is way more responsive. Had I known the results would be these I would have reinstalled months ago.

AC
    Participant

Hello guys

re-installing or restoring windowx 10 on my EZbook 3 pro is proving virtually impossible

I tried to perform a restore using the command inside the BIOS unfortunately the restore stops almost immediately and I am asked to
    1) Turn off the computer
    2) choose other options (troubleshooting, or even turn off the pc)
    Would you have any suggestions?

Luca
    Participant

Don’t use the restore function.

Go to Microsoft website, download the installation tool and use that.

I’ve done it this way and now the laptop works way better than before.

AC
    Participant

I premise that, by following the suggestions in the following guide for clone the eMMC to a SDD:

I was, by now, working on the 120 Gbyte SSD hard drive on which I had cloned the original EMMC.

I was forced to delete all the partitions present in the SSD HD, also the recovery partition cloned from the eMMC.

I’m ignorant about Microsoft’s license management so I don’t understand how it was possible to recover the Windows 10 license key by reinstalling the operating system on the cleaned SDD.

at this moment my EZbook has the original eMMC memory, with the original operating system and the recovery both not working, and an SSD memory with a clean Windows installation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar