How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion How to upgrade the SSD in the Cube i7 Stylus (Video and Pics)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Welshy Lloyd 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

mrobi
    Participant

Though that I could have utilized one spare Samsung SM841 mSata drive from work but it seems that is too large.

Erik WP
    Participant

Great project, I’m certainly going to do that when my i7 arrives. Did you have a look at the battery? Would that be upgradeable too?

Andy Riley
    Participant

Though that I could have utilized one spare Samsung SM841 mSata drive from work but it seems that is too large.

The port inside the tablet is M.2 not mSATA.

Kris
    Participant

I upgraded it with the Transcend 256GB because i didnt know the ZTC brand. Did a total w10 pro reinstall and everything works peachy.

Noel Yang
    Participant

hey chris, after I upgrade my ssd, how do I put windows 8 back on it along with all the drivers?

Chris G
    Keymaster

hey chris, after I upgrade my ssd, how do I put windows 8 back on it along with all the drivers?

The easiest way is to create a backup image in File history to a HDD. And then create and use a Windows 8.1 USB media drive, boot to it and go to advanced and image recovery.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Stroud
    Participant

Chris, I just got my Kingspec 256gb NGFF SSD for Cube i7… i will try to pry it open tonight hopefully i wont break anything and then install Windows 8.1 pro on a USB.

Question… I downloaded a 64bit Windows 10 ISO from microsoft… can I mount this ISO and use it to upgrade my existing Windows 8.1? Will my cd key (legit 8.1 pro) work?

Thanks!

Will Maitner
    Participant

I am really curious about a similar guide for the Onda v919 Core M.

Stroud
    Participant

WOOOOOOO!!! Managed to upgrade mine!!! I used the fingernail method in opening the case and I didn’t break any pegs. The technique is to start from the volume area, and pry the top and the 2 sides… do the bottom part last. But push the connectors at the bottom of the case in so the case slides down properly.

I’m using 256gb kingspec, running windows 8.1 pro and will be updating to windows 10 tonight.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

WOOOOOOO!!! Managed to upgrade mine!!! I used the fingernail method in opening the case and I didn’t break any pegs. The technique is to start from the volume area, and pry the top and the 2 sides… do the bottom part last. But push the connectors at the bottom of the case in so the case slides down properly. I’m using 256gb kingspec, running windows 8.1 pro and will be updating to windows 10 tonight.

Great! Can you please post a screenshot of the drives speed? This is the $90 one from Aliexpress right? My 128gb is already filling up using it as my main machine for everything but video editing and gaming.

I am really curious about a similar guide for the Onda v919 Core M.

Hi, it’s really the same. The Onda v919 Core M looks easy enough. Remove the top screws under the removable flap. Then move around the outside opening it up.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Stroud
    Participant

Great! Can you please post a screenshot of the drives speed? This is the $90 one from Aliexpress right? My 128gb is already filling up using it as my main machine for everything but video editing and gaming.

How do I do that? Also how do I post pics here? I tried uploading a pic of the teardown but it doesnt work. Edit: It works!

I just realized that my unit doesnt have a thermal pad on the back???

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, Download crystaldiskmark and please run it and post the results.

Do you have a link for this Foresee 256gb where you got it?

Missing the thermal pad isn’t the best, but is it running to hot? It will help transfer heat to the outer casing.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

JuALoM
    Participant

Hi,

what is the better ssd 256gb,

1)kingSpec IC Controller:JMF670H or JMF667H (97$)

2) Transcend (114$)

3) Mydigital (99$)

4)Other

Thanks.

Pd. Test Result

Review Foresee of Tech Tablets

I see this comparison between Foresee and Transcend SSD performance.

Here see test of MyDigitalSSD

Review kingspec 128Gb

Chris G
    Keymaster

Kingspec one seems the best.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

JuALoM
    Participant

Kingspec one seems the best.

Thanks Chris,

I have seen two shops where to buy Kingspec M.2 (NGFF) 256GB 2242

They are reliable?

1) amazon
    2) aliexpress

What is your opinion?

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password