Italian keyboard on Ezbook 3 Pro

Italian keyboard on Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Italian keyboard on Ezbook 3 Pro

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  xiangqin 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Luca
    Participant

Hi. This is probably a very stupid question but I can’t find the answer.

I have bought the Ezbook 3 Pro with an Italian keyboard.

How do I type the blue characters (see picture)?

Using Fn+Q or W does not work. O.o

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chupa
    Participant

hmm

try right alt key and maybe in combination with FN key
    also maybe you need to load another keyboard layout (language codeset)

or ask you dealer how to activate

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Luca
    Participant

I’ve tried almost every combo: Alt, Ctrl, Ctrl+Alt, Fn+Ctrl, Fn+Alt…

I’m puzzled. Maybe I should remap some keys with keymapper?

Also, how do you deal with the missing Ins key, for example? I’m so used to pasting with shift+ins that this is the most annoying thing for me during these first few days with the Ezbook.

Also, Jumper forgot the “ù” key, which is standard in Italian keyboards, but I’ve found out that they remapped it to the right ctrl key.

IMO, the worst part of this laptop is the keyboard.

Chupa
    Participant

you might have the wrong keyboard language file installed, check the different Italian versions or try piglatin 😉

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Luca
    Participant

I have tried them all. Not working. I think Jumper got something wrong.

I have solved remapping those keys with AutoHotKey, although it’s not the optimal solution.

Chupa
    Participant

AutoHotKey is often the only solution left in a stuck situation.

When my Sony laptop mouse click buttons started to fail after 5 years I remapped the never used < and > button what was next to the shift key with the left and right mouse button.

Especially drag and drop worked much better with the key than with the regular mouse buttons, because one hand was on the mouse and the other on the keyboard.
    I would have done the same to my Jumper, but they copied the retarded apple keyboard layout with the power button where the delete key in every normal computer.
    Then I put Spanish stickers on and now my < and > button is gone. Apparently you do not html in Spanish.

Need Help?

Luca
    Participant

I guess at Jumper they think HTML is not used throughout all non-English speaking Europe.

My Italian keyboard (with no “ù”, remember) does not have the < and > buttons either. They are printed in blue on the N and M keys, but they don’t work. Had to remap them with AutoHotKey as well.

Wolf
    Participant

You have to ask the vendor cause he or someone else might have just changed the keyboard without changing the keyboard settings.

I know that at ali express there had been some offers but these were a kind of silicone overlay keyboards for italian / german / french if I remember right.

Good luck - WOLF

Chupa
    Participant

ask the vendor is a good one Wolf
    you might get a better answer if you ask a fortune cookie

we standardized even the banana in the EU why on earth is there no standardized keyboard with all the extra signs via RIGHT ALT or Fn?

Need Help?

edoardo
    Participant

Hi luca, I’m italian and I have the same product with the same keyboard problem. Can you share your Autohotkey script please?

Luca
    Participant

Vendor is useless, they don’t reply and I suspect they don’t even know what we would be talking about.

@edoardo: here is my AutoHotKey script, edit as per your preference:

!,:: Send, <
    !ù:: Send, >
    !.:: Send, >
    +F12:: Send, ^v
    ^Up:: Send {PgUp}
    ^Down:: Send {PgDn}
    ^!Up:: Send {Home}
    ^!Down:: Send {End}
    ^!Left:: Send {Home}
    ^!Right:: Send {End}

Riccardo
    Participant

Hi italian friends (ma perchè la tastiera di questo bel pc deve far cagare in questa maniera?) How do you feel using this italian keyboard in terms of lag? I have the v4 one and it’s quiet terrible, you miss 2 keystrokes within 3. grazie

Wolf
    Participant

Vendor is useless, they don’t reply and I suspect they don’t even know what we would be talking about.

Well,
    if you know it better than you will be on your own cause it doesn’t make sense to help.

Jumper is pretty strong in RC and Laptops and my first EZbook 3 Pro version 3 had a good amount of problems the support has tried to get rid off as good as they can cause exchanging a keyboard in Europe is not expectable. My Jumper RC were also supported very well even if there had been struggles to understand each other the right way.

Jumper support tried to help and that is what counted at least for me until I got my thinker i35 cause I needed 8 GB and intel i3 processor power. Just 2 years ago that i had made these experiences that were far better than expected.

Good luck - WOLF

Luca
    Participant

Well, if you know it better than you will be on your own cause it doesn’t make sense to help. […].

I said “vendor” not “manufacturer”. Your argument is invalid.

xiangqin
    Participant

Oh my God. You are very likely to have bought the wrong keyboard. Will lead to a series of problems after installation. I read a sale is US layout. This keyboard should be the original keyboard of the 3 Pro. I see a lot of orders and comments. You can contact the owner to understand.

https://linda8877.aliexpress.com/store/426930?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.3b25624fLd2jfG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password