Jumper Ez Book X4

Jumper Ez Book X4

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ez Book X4

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Greedo77
    Participant

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not happy about the loss of RAM. But that’s due to DDR4 prices. I really want to see an 8GB model. It’s now $319 also on Gearbest shipping on the 12th. I’m happy it has a backlit keyboard. Just also worried if the screen is TN or IPS. No way to confirm and could be a lottery like the EZbook 3L Pro was.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Chupa
    Participant

wait until the offer a choice of ssd, 128GB is a bit small, you end up replacing that quite fast.
    I think in a few months the will offer a choice of ram and different SSD sizes.
    The problem with the just 4GB is it is shared memory, The apollo lake can allocate up to 3GB for the GPU and that is why it has 6GB

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Rohan Lorange
    Participant

Do not get one of these yet it’s fresh off the production line and I got to defective model weather USB ports surged and then fried if you break yours in any way and can’t be fucked or have voided your on warranty then please contact me because I would like to salvage your motherboards and give you some money for it because mine dead until I can get new motherboards and it’s chin you for them to be a broker wants to salvage but don’t get it it’s only revision one the production has just started the chance of getting a faulty one a much higher they sold it the USB ports and ship directly straight to the motherboard and they did that with her Apollo Lake but it’s solid much further out from the action

Chupa
    Participant

why not send it back and have it replaced?

it is brand spanking new!

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Brad
    Participant

wait until the offer a choice of ssd, 128GB is a bit small, you end up replacing that quite fast. I think in a few months the will offer a choice of ram and different SSD sizes. The problem with the just 4GB is it is shared memory, The apollo lake can allocate up to 3GB for the GPU and that is why it has 6GB

Chupa, if I remember correctly you are a Linux user?
    FYI, I just saw that the new Lenovo Ideapad 330 (Celeron N4100 or 8th gen Core i3/5/7) also has a non-working touchpad on Linux.
    >> does the X4 use the same Elan touchpad (ID ELAN061D) as the Lenovo 330?
    If so, the problem has already been identified (Ubuntu) and I (bako62) made a post on the Manjaro forum on how the linux touchpad driver could potentially be easily modified using a binary/hex editor, util the time they roll the fix into a future kernel release.  It’s a simple one byte/character change. I think this technique can be used for various notebooks if perhaps changing a few more bytes.

Chupa
    Participant

no BRAD been with M$ since it was named IBM DOS and have some android on the phone what will be degoggled soon.
    My time for geeking has past and I rather stick with what works and once it is optimized to my taste there will be not a single update, execpt I NEED A NEW FUNCTION LIKE uSB 3 IN WIN7.

My myriad of old and outdated laptops still perform XP, win7. 8.1 etc with their original installation flawless  some after over 10 years of age.
    and not a single maleware incident what was any risk.

Since MS is now a goldsponsor for linux I do no bother even reading any more about it.

Need Help?

Brad
    Participant

wait until the offer a choice of ssd, 128GB is a bit small, you end up replacing that quite fast. I think in a few months the will offer a choice of ram and different SSD sizes. The problem with the just 4GB is it is shared memory, The apollo lake can allocate up to 3GB for the GPU and that is why it has 6GB

Chupa, if I remember correctly you are a Linux user? FYI, I just saw that the new Lenovo Ideapad 330 (Celeron N4100 or 8th gen Core i3/5/7) also has a non-working touchpad on Linux. >> does the X4 use the same Elan touchpad (ID ELAN061D) as the Lenovo 330? If so, the problem has already been identified (Ubuntu) and I (bako62) made a post on the Manjaro forum on how the linux touchpad driver could potentially be easily modified using a binary/hex editor, util the time they roll the fix into a future kernel release. It’s a simple one byte/character change. I think this technique can be used for various notebooks if perhaps changing a few more bytes.

An EZbook 3 Pro user verifies on the Manjaro forum that a new kernel patch fixes the problem on his notebook. So lets hope it also works on the X4.
    “Hi philm!
    I update mirror to unstable branch and then linux417 4.17.11-1 showed up to pamac so I installed and solved one and for good touchpad bug on ezbook 3 pro!!
    Thank you very much!!”

Chupa
    Participant

ask chris if he did a linux check on his x4
    It is a different processor and hardware

Need Help?

swankz
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I think that my X4 was built with an IPS panel cause i have really good viewing angles, is it possible that they changed the specs?

Brad
    Participant

ask chris if he did a linux check on his x4 It is a different processor and hardware

Yes he did. It works but the touchpad does not.

Chupa
    Participant

if your colors do  not change when you open your screen to the max and close to the minimum then you have an IPS

can you substitute with a mouse or an external touch pad what has working drivers?

Need Help?

Brad
    Participant

can you substitute with a mouse or an external touch pad what has working drivers?

yes, of course. But my point was this touchpad driver is likely to also work with the X4.

Chupa
    Participant

so. does it work?

Need Help?

Brad
    Participant

Apparently not completely but it prob depends on the distro used…

Jumper EZBook X4 Linux touchpad support from chinapcs

“Scrolling, tapping and moving works, but I cannot press down to click.”
    He does not mention what the touchpad device name is, so we cannot know if recent touchpad kernel patches being rolled into 4.18 will have any effect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password