Jumper Ezbook 3 pro Battery issue

Jumper Ezbook 3 pro Battery issue

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper Ezbook 3 pro Battery issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zatsando
    Participant

For quite some time my battery was getting weaker and weaker and today it got so fat that twitsted my laptop’s case. I opened it and the battery was thicc. Can I buy a replacement battery? Can you reccomend me something else perhaps?

Chupa
    Participant

There is a major faulty charge with defect Jumper batteries and guess what, you are one of them.

Read through short-battery-life-on-ezbook-3-pro

My course of action would be, remove the battery, put on some googles and gloves and strip of the plastic  around the batteries.
    DO NOT USE SHARP OR POINTY THINGS!
    carefully separate the batteries from the frame and electronic and take a picture how it is connected.
    It will be easier to find new cells to replace than a  whole battery. Seems nobody has found one yet.

Now go to Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step to fix your problem.

good luck

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Andrew12345
    Participant

u can buy Jumper Ezbook 3 pro Battery issue from this link

http://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-battery-for-jumper-3282122-2s-7-6v-4500mah-32-4wh.html

lations
    Participant

u can buy Jumper Ezbook 3 pro Battery issue from this link

http://www.cdrtd.com/products/laptop-battery-for-jumper-3282122-2s-7-6v-4500mah-32-4wh.html

Thank you so much for your participation Andrew, thank you for helping us (some of us are desperate!).

That’s great about the replacement battery, nice find. But I really do wonder, are these problems all due to faulty battery? Or something else? It seems like too many faulty batteries…….specifically, I’m concerned about my issue that user @Beppe also had, where the battery will be at 90% or less when you turn on the laptop, even though you charged it fully a few hours ago. Almost like it’s losing power while off….very upsetting.

Greedo77
    Participant

It definitely seems to be either a bad batch of batteries, an overpowered mains charger or something else being poorly implemented. I’ve disconnected my battery and the laptop works perfectly well off the mains charger, while my battery is swollen and only holds a quarter to half ofb it’s charge, so is certainly defective.

I’m almost ready to order a replacement battery via the link n Andrews post above, I’ve contacted the supplier directly via the website and they’ve quoted $42 for battery and postage. I also emailed Geekbuying who I purchased from back in January and they offered to repair if I post the laptop back to Shenzhen, which I don’t want to do. So they’ve offered $25 refund which isnt great, so I’ve asked to increase that amount based on the cost of the replacement battery. So will see what they come back with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password