Lapbook SE: Gearbest delay

Lapbook SE: Gearbest delay

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Lapbook SE: Gearbest delay

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JD 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

JD
    Participant

Anyone else having trouble with Gearbest.com shipping the Lapbook SE? I’ve been told a 3 week delay.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not for my unit, but I ordered a while ago. However, I had a similar delay with the Teclast F5 which is why I got it so late. Seems they have supply issues or Chuwi can’t make enough in time.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

JD
    Participant

Not for my unit, but I ordered a while ago. However, I had a similar delay with the Teclast F5 which is why I got it so late. Seems they have supply issues or Chuwi can’t make enough in time.

Thanks for your reply @chris. I took forever to pull the trigger on a new computer, and Gearbest said fairly quick shipping, but I made the mistake of assuming that it would get out of the door at Gearbest in a couple of days.

Maybe what this means is that I will wait for the 8 GB model. But of you saw the condition of the current computer I’m using you’d say, “buy anything – now”!

Thanks for your reviews. They make a difference for those of us who want this kind of tech. Much appreciated. I bought both the Redmi Note 5 and Lapbook SE based on your reviews.

Chris G
    Keymaster

The Lapbook SE is great, just replaced my Teclast F7 with it.

Also, I still have my Redmi Note 5, I’ll be checking out the Redmi 6 Pro soon. basically the same phone almost but a few changes.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Chuwi Hi9 Plus + Keyboard, Mi Mix 3

JD
    Participant

The Lapbook SE is great, just replaced my Teclast F7 with it. Also, I still have my Redmi Note 5, I’ll be checking out the Redmi 6 Pro soon. basically the same phone almost but a few changes.

Did you still have a Lapbook SE you wanted to sell?

The Redmi Note 5 is a great phone. I’m so happy with the turn of events where “tech enough” is replacing $1,000 plus phones. It also helps that I now have warranty support with a Xiaomi phone here in Thailand.

Mike
    Participant

I ordered my Lapbook SE on the 4th Nov on GearBest and it is still yet to ship despite numerous chats with their online support.

If you are ordering this item I suspect you are in for a looooong wait.

JD
    Participant

I ordered my Lapbook SE on the 4th Nov on GearBest and it is still yet to ship despite numerous chats with their online support. If you are ordering this item I suspect you are in for a looooong wait.

I eventually got my laptop – something like a month after I ordered it. I was very frustrated with Gearbest and thought that they bamboozled me quite a bit in saying that it would ship in less than a week – when in reality it wasn’t in stock while they were selling it.

It’s a great laptop. I had a lot of trouble moving the OS to the SSD drive but that’s because I don’t really understand boot records well enough to make it easy.

At this point I might wonder about waiting and ordering the same laptop with 8 GB (it’s coming out, right? Not sure). I’m quite happy with 4 GB. I can use the machine with lots of tabs open in Firefox, then switch programs with little or no hesitation. In a perfect scenario an 8 GB model would have been available, and I would have bought it over the 4 GB version, but I’m very satisfied with 4 GB.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password