Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 441 total)
  • Author
    Luis
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your menthion. I like linux, I use linux 90% time in my laptop so the first I try with this tablet is boot my favorite distro. I don´t install because I prefer wait to get a bigger sd card to install, and try to boot with a boot partition, but I don´t get to work the sdcard in linux. Can you get to work the sdCard?

On the other hand, I found this about Wifi, if you have the tablet with the realtek chiptset http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2249936

Sorry for my English!!

Lupo
    Participant

yes, the sdcard is working

BBaker
    Participant

Sorry if this is a repeat, but this might be helpful for Linux installation…

tmoyashi
    Participant

Hi, xubuntu15.04+kernel4.4(deb from here) is almost the same as Mint, but I can get dot-by-dot & rotatable display.

About RTL8723BS(wifi), still no luck…

Luis
    Participant

Hi, xubuntu15.04+kernel4.4(deb from here) is almost the same as Mint, but I can get dot-by-dot & rotatable display. About RTL8723BS(wifi), still no luck…

I read about cherry and bay trail and I saw the kernel 4 is more compatible with this cpu`s.

Lupo
    Participant

Hi, xubuntu15.04+kernel4.4(deb from here) is almost the same as Mint, but I can get dot-by-dot & rotatable display. About RTL8723BS(wifi), still no luck…

You have got a rotatable display ??? Are you sure? Please upload a picture if it’s possible 🙂

tmoyashi
    Participant

You have got a rotatable display ??? Are you sure? Please upload a picture if it’s possible :)<noscript>:)</noscript>

Sure it is .(oops, I should open “Display Settings” or exec xrandr. anyway, plz note RAM size, it’s not VM). Good night!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lupo
    Participant

Thank you very much!

If it’s possible upload a picture made with a phone on which I can see that it’s a Chuwi Hi10 tablet … 🙂 yes I can see that it’s a 4 cpu machine with 4G ram, I’m so happy and don’t believe it on the same time, because I have made a lot of test especially for the portrait only display in my Linux mint installation … 🙂

tmoyashi
    Participant

Thank you very much! If it’s possible upload a picture made with a phone on which I can see that it’s a Chuwi Hi10 tablet … :)<noscript>&lt;img src=”//techtablets.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/simple-smile.png” alt=”:)” class=”wp-smiley” style=”height: 1em; max-height: 1em;”/&gt;</noscript>yes I can see that it’s a 4 cpu machine with 4G ram, I’m so happy and don’t believe it on the same time, because I have made a lot of test especially for the portrait only display in my Linux mint installation … :)<noscript>&lt;img src=”//techtablets.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/simple-smile.png” alt=”:)” class=”wp-smiley” style=”height: 1em; max-height: 1em;”/&gt;</noscript>

OK, I’ll upload later.

In my feeling, the display problem in Mint is not related to the user-land but the kernel-land.

Plz try to install these debs into your setup (Have you tried?)  , it’s harmless as you know.

Lupo
    Participant

no success with this kernel, the display is NOT rotating. I think that the no rotation problem is due to the “nomodeset” GRUB kernel boot option – it’s disables the built in the kernel graphics card module and use only the X driver.

Do you boot your Xubuntu Linux with some special boot parameters like “nomodeset”? If I boot my Linux Mint without the “nomodeset” option I have got a blank screen … the Linux is responding and I can reboot it cleanly with Ctrl + Alt +Del

Please upload the image and more info how you rotate the screen, you use xrandr command or …?

Lupo
    Participant

I have tested with the latest Ubuntu kernel at the moment: v4.5-rc2-wily/ from here http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

with the same problem: no screen totation and no SDIO bus visible devices (the build in wifi card isn’t working because of that) …

tmoyashi
    Participant

Hmm, in my setup, I have one tweak for i915 module, try it (or set it through kernel params)

echo “options i915 modeset=1” | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/i915-kms.conf

If it goes well, could you post a picture of Hi10 with Linux & Chuwi keyboard dock?

Banggood canceled my order of the dock . That’s the pain of my ***….

Please upload the image and more info how you rotate the screen, you use xrandr command or …?

I can rotate the screen through any GUI/CUI utils(arandr, xrandr, etc. Internally, they are the same. They just talk with a local X server)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lupo
    Participant

Hello, I confirm also that the rotating screen is working OK with xubuntu + kernel 4.4 🙂

the problem in Linux Mint is probably due to the older Xorg server and Intel graphics card driver version used: 1.15 vs 1.17, I’m going to upgrade it and will share the process here.

tmoyashi thanks  for the info! 🙂 now the original chuwi hi10 docking keyboard is perfectly usable and we have perfectly working Linux system with 4 usb ports

BBaker
    Participant

That’s great Lupo, thanks for the info.  So that is Xubuntu 15.10 with Kernel 4.4?  Audio and WiFi works fine also?  What does not work, anything?

Lupo
    Participant

NO 🙁 the audio and the built in WiFi aren’t working yet.

I’m working right now on the built in WiFi card support, the touch screen isn’t working and also the battery isn’t detected  🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 441 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar