Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Viewing 4 posts - 436 through 439 (of 439 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

Now i have chuwi hi10 plus tablet. Please explain how you set up the sound and touch screen. Does the battery indicator work too? Sorry for my bad English, I’m from Russia.

Etc Etera
    Participant

@Max: With the brand new Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, using Kernel 5.4, touchscreen and neither camera works, also switching between different wifi entries doen work properly, but sound, battery indicator and bluetooth and, as far as I can see, everything else works out of the box.

Etc Etera
    Participant

Chuwi Hi10-Plus working 98% on Linux Mint After a lot of research and mistakes, I finally managed to get my Chuwi Hi10-Plus tablet to work flawlessly with Linux Mint 19.3 xfce. Pretty much everything works on installation barring the Touch Screen and Sound. The Touch Screen is pretty easy to set up, although I will have to re-find the solution and post it here if there are interested parties, let me know.

I would be interested in this!

As I just wrote above, with Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon sound and bluetooth also works right out of the box 🙂 The wifi switch problem is still there, though, and neither touchscreen nor cameras work.

Did you find a solution for not having to go into BIOS to boot, by the way?

Legris
    Participant

Hi,

For boot to linux at startup:

If you have wiped windows, copy all files at boot/efi/EFI/ubuntu to boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/

With this my tablet boot to mint with a windows choice at startup.

For touchscreen:

Need to search the good firmware and place it in lib/firmware/silead/

https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmware

Copy it in /lib/firmware/silead/ rename it “mssl1680.fw”

Restart for see if screentouch work.

After it need to calibrate (mine work in 1/4 screen without calibration) After adjust results for your screen (for me after the the calibration, the screen is not perfect lost 5mm at left).

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Calibrating_Touchscreen#Libinput_breaks_xinput_calibrator

Copy 50-touchscreen rules here: (in /etc/udev/rules.d/)

https://github.com/danielotero/linux-on-hi10/tree/master/touchscreen

Modify it with your touchscreen calculated / corrected values

I have made my values for landscape mode (i don’t have any solution for portrait + landscape mode now, if anyone have it?)

At this time, my chuwi hi10 pro boot to mint and have a working screentouch in landscape.

For graphic card (lags with netflix….):

Search file “20-intel_flicker_fix.conf” on the web, mod it if you want and paste it in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d

I don’t have the the solution for camera/wifi/auto screen rotate

Sorry for my bad english

Viewing 4 posts - 436 through 439 (of 439 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password