Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Linux Mint on Chuwi Hi10 & Hi12 Tablets

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 441 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

Jumper EZbook 2

Another vote of confidence for Kernel 4.12-rc2 on cherry-trail devices –> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=1321088&sid=056cd668110818f28ce6e430a5df97c9#p1321088
    Note: Ubuntu 17.10 with Kernel 4.12 or 4.13 is due out in October promised to be the best yet distro for cherry-trail devices.
    Will this finally be the Linux release that works well (for most CT devices) out of the box?
    Feel adventurous you can build it now for testing (not recommended for Linux newbies) –>  Ubuntu 17.10 Daily Build Downloads Now Available

Heini Lustig
    Participant

Hello, I’am new and posting here about a Proplem:

I read the whole Thread but the Problem is still there.

I’am trying to install Linuxium on Base of Linuxmint 18.3 Cinnamon.

It works fine. The Problem is to boot Android after done this.

I made already the Install of Android, then the Windows.

Tothis Point all is ok.

Now booting from a Stick the Linuxium whithout installing something.

Now triing to boot android, but it hangs showing the Chuwi-sreen all the Time.

Is thwere anybody who has an Idear?

Thanks

Heini

Heini Lustig
    Participant

Excuse me: The Device is an Chuwi Hi10 Pro

Luis
    Participant
    1. Hi, I read a lo lastly about chuwi hi10 pro and hi12 but nothing about hi10 standard. Do someone knows something about the state of linux in the hi10 statndard? Thanks
    Yunus Khan
    Participant

Chuwi HI 10 Bios menu is in a portrait mode by default. This is very inconvenient to work with. Has anyone an idea how to rotate it  to landscape mode?

Brad
    Participant

Chuwi HI 10 Bios menu is in a portrait mode by default. This is very inconvenient to work with. Has anyone an idea how to rotate it to landscape mode?

xrandr is probably the tool you can use.
    See the man pages for xrandr, and this page where he uses it: https://jonathansblog.co.uk/blackarch-on-the-chuwi-hi10pro
    xrandr –output DSI1 –rotate right

Brad
    Participant

Please edit your post!

Sébastien Durand
    Participant

Hello.

I have a long time in my closet a tablet Chuwi Hi10 Dual OS.I would like to replace Windows with Linux.
    I’m pretty used to ubuntu mate. So I install ubuntu mate 18.04.2 amd64 instead of the windows partition.

Everything works fine except the bluetooth and the touch screen.

Do you have a tutorial to activate the touch screen that is a goodix if I understood correctly ?

Sami
    Participant

I installed the Ubuntu mate 19.04 beta1 and sound, bluetooth and WiFi are all working.

I then used the firmware at the bottom of this page https://github.com/danielotero/linux-on-hi10 ( i had to create the folder silead and rename the firmware file to mssl1680.fw) restart the tablet.

copy the script from the above link to a text file name it <whateveryoulike>.sh change the line 6 to DSI-1 save and run.

touch screen working.

I hope this helps others

Sébastien Durand
    Participant

This solution is not avalaible for Hi10, just for Hi10 pro ( not same touch screen)

R.M.
    Participant

Anyone tried to run Linux on “detached” mainboard? No screen, no dock, no camera, only USB power plugged in. I’ve took out mainboard from chassis, disconnected everything but it can’t power on :/

I’d like to run it as headless server on Ubuntu 18.04 🙂

Brad
    Participant

LOL, yeah everyone does that!  /sarc
    Could be due to no screen connected.

Mike
    Participant

Chuwi Hi10-Plus working 98% on Linux Mint

After a lot of research and mistakes, I finally managed to get my Chuwi Hi10-Plus tablet to work flawlessly with Linux Mint 19.3 xfce.  Pretty much everything works on installation barring the Touch Screen and Sound.  The Touch Screen is pretty easy to set up, although I will have to re-find the solution and post it here if there are interested parties, let me know.  The sound card was a bit of a challenge though, I’m not 100% sure how I managed to get that to work, but I can try trace my steps back and also post something if needed.  the dodgy Bluetooth was related to the sound issue, so once that was resolved, the bluetooth connection also works great!

The only iffy thing I have at the moment is: the wifi connects to my router at startup, no problem.  However, if I try to change networks from the list of available networks, it will not connect.  I have to forget the current network, then connect to the new network and only then will it work.  Not to be ungrateful, but I wouldn’t mind being able to resolve that issue, however, I don’t want to mess with what I have so far, since I am seriously excited about getting everything working to this point.

Also, I wouldn’t mind not having to press F7 on startup to get to the Bios boot menu to run Linux, I have removed Windows 10 and Anddroid, which came as defaults with the tablet, who needs Windows anyway!!!

Yay!!

Loris
    Participant

Hi it’s possible to install linux mint with working touch screen on chiwi hi12 dual boot edition?

Thanks for help

Max
    Participant

Now i have chuwi hi10 plus tablet. Please explain how you set up the sound and touch screen. Does the battery indicator work too? Sorry for my bad English, I’m from Russia.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 441 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar