m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    SB
    Participant

i’ve used acronis true image (paid backup sw) and it’s usb bootdisk, but you can use some free tools as well i think.

Vadim K.
    Participant

i have ezbook 3 pro bios 12/05/2017 (december 2017) and kingspec nt-128 2242 from ali, works without problem, in-bios recognized 100% time.

That’s weird. Your BIOS has exactly same AHCI and SATA modules as mine Yepo 737A YEPOM10x.WP313R.NHNAUHL01.rom, which almost never detects my Kingspec NT-256 (same-model-other-capacity, I think) drive. So BIOS recognition issue must be caused by an inherent hardware flaw of P313R motherboard, that has been fixed in P3132 motherboard which, I believe, your Jumper has inside.

Still, there is a small chance that P313R’s SSD recognition problem is caused by some other faulty BIOS module(s).

Chupa
    Participant

I talked to some Chinese OEM developer they think it is a timing fault in the Illudium Q-36 Modulator.

There will be an easy fix later on this year on the Chinese Jumper download page.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Dutchy007
    Participant

I talked to some Chinese OEM developer they think it is a timing fault in the Illudium Q-36 Modulator. There will be an easy fix later on this year on the Chinese Jumper download page.

I don’t know who told you about the Illudium Q-36 Modulator, but please do Google it. Got trolled?

I also face the same problems, I have a Jumper 3 Pro (V6) and I simply cannot boot from SSD, no matter what I try. So I just gave up and instead just boot from the eMMC and put as many programs and files on the SSD. I will try to contact Jumper directly, however I think I’ll be running into wall.

So far I’ve tried the Crucial MX500 (500gb) and the WD Green 240GB. Only on a cold boot the SSD is visible (not all times however…) and booting from it is just impossible. Disabling the eMMC also does nothing, and most of the time it just boots ito the UEFI environment.

Chupa
    Participant

it is a known problem of the V6 that it has a defect in that area.
    But a Mr. Bugs B and Marvin t M assured me that with the Illudium Q-36 Modulator the problem gets fixed.

If YOU google it and YOU find the full name and the purpose of the  Illudium Q-36 Modulator, you will know that it will fix this and a lot of other problems too.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Raven49
    Participant
    1. Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro v6
    2. Gearbest
    3. June 2018
    4. 1803 (April 2018 Update)
    5.  Locked BIOS Date 02/01/2018
    6. Left the original windows on, installed a fresh version onto the m.2
    7. Crucial MX500 2280 240gb (tried two different drives – neither worked)
    8. TCSUNBOW 240gb 2242 (worked perfectly straight out of the box)
    9. Based on this and other posts – looks like it’s either a driver or power issue.
    Wowly
    Participant
    1. SSD m.2 not recognized: ssd is recognized in BIOS and W10
    2. needs several boots to finally get the system up: NO
    3. does not copy the system right: don’t know
    4. I need a special driver: NO
    5. whatever your problem is: When installing a ssd it is recognized in w10 explorer, and the bios recognized the ssd. When altered the BIOS/Bootsequence it only starts up with mmc w10. When i format mmc and again alter the bios boot sequence so that ssd is first in line a get a blue screen which states that my computer needs repairing. When i install a w10 on the mmc memory the laptop functions ok.

Here is the info we need to:
    …………………………………………………………………………………….

1. Name and model number/name: Jumper EZbook 3 V4
    2. seller Aliexpress SSD, GearbestJumper
    3. Months and Year of order: august 2018
    4. Windows version 1803 (April 2018 Update)
    5. your bios date (versions number) like: BIOS V5 Date 11/06/2017 or BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017, if you do not know the bios number just the date is fine.
    6. did you leave the original windows on it or was it updated before you tried to install the m.2: updated
    7. the m.2 card you tried and failed: Kingspec M.2 SSD 2242 120 GB
    8. the m.2 card you tried and had permanent success: None
    9. When i tried to format the mmc memory with diskpart it gives a error when i tried to change it (i think, can’t remember clearly, i am not accustomed to this program), but i could easily put w10 afterwards on it. Also my BIOS gives me different options everytime i get in the BIOS. MMC is often not seen, the SSD is most of the times visible, but when i select it the laptop still doesnt start up.I used Macrium reflect free to clone the mmc to the SSD which worked perfectly.

I will try more to recovereverything, i’m going to clone the ssd back tot the mmc now.

EDIT 1: in hardware/apparaatbeheer i can see the kingspec (NT-128) and another isseu: the controller foor PCI gegevensbeheer is missing, and i cant download it via Windows downloadcentre. Maybe it is a special firmware from the manufacturer of the Jumper book?

Jacopo
    Participant

1. Jumper ezbook 3 pro (Italian keyboard)
    2. Gearbest EU werehouse
    3. Purchase date 08/18
    4. Windows Version 1803
    5. Bios Date 02/01/2018
    6. I installed the ssd few weeks after pc arrived so windows was updated
    7. Ssd: kingspec 128 GB from aliezAliEx
    8.  Manage to boot with ssd 100% time both enabling or disabling secure boot in bios security tab. After few reboot you need to toggle secure boot again or ssd wont show up. No metter if you enable or disable secure boot you just need to change the current option. 
    9. Other notes: when ssd don’t show up in bios I see a 128kb disk in windows diskpart (wtf)

Sorry for my bad English hope these informations will help to fix this orribile issue

Chupa
    Participant

it’s orrible, but every bit no matter how orrible helps.

Need Help?

Dutchy007
    Participant

I talked to some Chinese OEM developer they think it is a timing fault in the Illudium Q-36 Modulator. There will be an easy fix later on this year on the Chinese Jumper download page.

It’s almost 2019. Heard anything about the broken Q-36 modulator emulation? I guess it wasn’t such a easy fix after all… or Jumper devs just simply abandoned us.

Chupa
    Participant

Nah, it is fixed, they just changed the name because of copyright issues.
    The new solution is called S4

Just replace the 3pro with a S4 part and it feels like you have a new Jumper

Need Help?

bananas33
    Participant

The new solution is called S4 Just replace the 3pro with a S4 part and it feels like you have a new Jumper

Not sure what you mean here by ‘part’ – an actual physical component needs swapping?

Luke
    Participant

Just to be clear, the last post about the S4 “part” was referring to a brand new laptop, the Jumper Ezbook S4 – it was a joke.

The post about the “Q-36 modulator” was also a joke.

Sorry to disappoint.

Chupa
    Participant

100 points

Need Help?

bananas33
    Participant

Just to be clear, the last post about the S4 “part” was referring to a brand new laptop, the Jumper Ezbook S4 – it was a joke. The post about the “Q-36 modulator” was also a joke. Sorry to disappoint.

Yeah, it smelled like a joke, no more disappointing than the SSD shambles itself, and as good a way as any to deal with it 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar