m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series m.2 SSD can´t boot/run system, not recognized? You got it fixed? COME HERE!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

OK we have so many threads over so many forums now what all have the same problem. Even the Russian forum is full of the same problems. It is mostly EZBook 3 pro and Yepo but others might be affected too.
    So it is up to you if we can figure this out together.

1. SSD m.2 not recognized
    2. needs several boots to finally get the system up
    3. does not copy the system right
    4. I need a special driver
    5. whatever your problem is, please describe shortly.

Here is the info we need to:
    …………………………………………………………………………………….

1. Name and model number/name
    2. seller (Aliexpress, Gearbest, sellers local warehouse or who?)
    3. Months and Year of order
    4. Windows version 1507, 1511 (November Update) 1607 (Anniversary Update) 1703 (Creators Update) 1709 (Fall Creators Update)1803 (April 2018 Update)
    5. your bios date (versions number) like: BIOS V5 Date 11/06/2017 or BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017, if you do not know the bios number just the date is fine.
    6. did you leave the original windows on it or was it updated before you tried to install the m.2
    7. the m.2 card you tried and failed
    8. the m.2 card you tried and had permanent success
    9. additional info you find useful

…………………………………………………………………………………….
    Just copy and paste between the dotted lines and add your info

Please use this thread only to answer the questions, DO NOT ASK ANY QUESTIONS HERE, they will not be answered! There are enough open threads for that.
    This is just to collect data to find a similarities.
    Please spread the location of this post to other affected systems in other forums so we have enough data to find the problem.

Another thing: Nobody pays me a penny for doing all the support here, I have a Jumper 3S and a Thomson NOX13 (EZBoook 3 pro twin) and both systems run without a problem with their cheap m.2 SSD cards. And if you do not input enough data, there will be no conclusion and then you are on your own.

chupa

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Vassilis
    Participant
    1. KingSpec 128 GB
    2. ebay

YEPO 737A

i tried both CLONE from eMMc and clean windows installation but the problem is that the bios can not recognize the SSD disk

Windows 1803 , 1709

DMI BIOS

vendor American Megatrends Inc.

version YEPOM10x.8.WP313R.NHNAUHL01

date 10/09/2017

ROM size 5120 KB

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Vadim K.
    Participant
    1. Yepo 737A
    2. “emobilehome” from Ebay
    3. 2018, March
    4. Windows 10 Home 1709 16299.431, still at EMMC
    5. YEPOM10x.WP313R.NHNAUHL01 (10/09/2017), also tried YEPO10x.WP313R.NHNAUHL03 (20/09/2017, unlocked), no luck either.
    6. Windows was updated.
    7. Kingspec NT-256
    8. Looks like it’s an UEFI issue. There was many disk-related warnings in Windows system log, until I installed “New Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 mod+signed by Fernando“. But SSD almost never appears in UEFI Settings. Even if – after some restarts – SSD got detected by UEFI (displayed as “NT-256” at SATA pane and Security pane), UEFI shell shows buggy behavior. I tried to run “ls fsN:” command repeatedly, and got ~70% errors, like “Device Error”, truncated listings etc., and only ~30% full correct listings from it. Also tried to boot Fedora 28 “rescue mode” from USB stick and SSD seems to work nice. So everything looks fine when you boot OS with correct AHCI drivers from USB or EMMC (didn’t test it for long time though), but the UEFI is unable to work with SSD smoothly.
    Pierre Smits
    Participant
    1. Jumper Ezbook 3 Pro V6
    2. Gearbest
    3. 24-01-2018
    4.  1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    5. BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017 Unlocked version from techtablets
    6. updated before cloning to the m.2
    7. Kingspec 128GB M.2.
    8. It’s not an probleem in Windows, Just it don’t stay on first bootsequence in the bios
    Vassilis
    Participant

Ι totally agree with Vadim and Pierre!!!

Exactly the same problem !!!

Any solution please?

Chupa
    Participant

Dear children, screaming all 5 minutes “ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET?  will only get you a smack on the head to shut up.

This is research and as you can see a very slow data collection.
    The only pattern I can see from the 3  posts so far is: you are all updated before the cloning process or installing newest windows on SSD.
    I did not! I am still on 1703 and my 3S will stay there.
    While you wait for some more conclusions I wrote you this:
    Important first steps after you got your new PC to stay out of trouble!

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Vassilis
    Participant

Dear children, screaming all 5 minutes “ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET? will only get you a smack on the head to shut up. This is research and as you can see a very slow data collection. The only pattern I can see from the 3 posts so far is: you are all updated before the cloning process or installing newest windows on SSD. I did not! I am still on 1703 and my 3S will stay there. While you wait for some more conclusions I wrote you this: Important first steps after you got your new PC to stay out of trouble!

I can’t understand you

The 3 of us have done everything

Clone the SSD or installed windows from the beginning or. . or..  or..

The BIOS can’t recognize the KingSpec SSD disk most of the time

It is bios problem or faulty SSD or AHCI / UEFI incompatibility

Do NOT argue with us

Chupa
    Participant

have you tried a clean install from win 1703 on the ssd?
    boot from usb (rufus)and try to install directly to ssd.
    disable emmc first in bios, if no disable possible, wipe emmc of all partitions.

Need Help?

Vassilis
    Participant

have you tried a clean install from win 1703 on the ssd? boot from usb (rufus)and try to install directly to ssd. disable emmc first in bios, if no disable possible, wipe emmc of all partitions.

I did EVERYTHING

Even if you disable Εmmc and fresh install of windows

The bios after first restart of windows could NOT recognize KingSpec SSD

If you have a KingSpec m2 ssd you can try . But believe me NO success

Chupa
    Participant

can you work from emmc with installed ssd as a D: drive?

also you could try it with an intel ssd and if that also does not work, Hmmm selling or trying one o my other soutions

Need Help?

Samo
    Participant

Samsung MZ-N6E250BW Works and is detected by the bios 100% of the time. I also have Windows installed on it, I use the eMMC as a secondary drive. I have the bios unlocked and the version I have is: 12/05/2017

P.S.: Don’t buy a Transcend MTS400 (2242) or a WD Green WDS120G2G0B (2280), they are not detected by bios.

lations
    Participant

Samsung MZ-N6E250BW Works and is detected by the bios 100% of the time. I also have Windows installed on it, I use the eMMC as a secondary drive. I have the bios unlocked and the version I have is: 12/05/2017 P.S.: Don’t buy a Transcend MTS400 (2242) or a WD Green WDS120G2G0B (2280), they are not detected by bios.

What settings did you change in the bios? Did you disable the eMMC during win10 installation?

SB
    Participant

i have ezbook 3 pro bios 12/05/2017 (december 2017) and kingspec nt-128 2242 from ali, works without problem, in-bios recognized 100% time. cloned with acronis usb pendrive afair, switched boot order to ssd and that’s it.

i’ve made clean image dump of emmc (backup tool from usb during boot) before 1st use of notebook (before initial setup). i always do this with new notebooks if something goes wrong. don’t remember if windows was updated, but it could because i got my ssd month after notebook.

lations
    Participant

i have ezbook 3 pro bios 12/05/2017 (december 2017) and kingspec nt-128 2242 from ali, works without problem, in-bios recognized 100% time. cloned with acronis usb pendrive afair, switched boot order to ssd and that’s it. i’ve made clean image dump of emmc (backup tool from usb during boot) before 1st use of notebook (before initial setup). i always do this with new notebooks if something goes wrong. don’t remember if windows was updated, but it could because i got my ssd month after notebook.

Thanks so much for the info, and thanks for sticking around the forums.

A few people said they did various things like turning off the eMMC etc, but it sounds like you didn’t need to do anything – good news, cause I’m installing an SSD tomorrow 😛

This backup tool you mention, what is that? A separate tool you put on USB, or did you mean it’s part of the Windows installation kit?

Samo
    Participant

@Benulations

I didn’t disable the eMMC, I just formatted the partition during the windows installation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar