Mi Max 3 review planned?

Mi Max 3 review planned?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Nope. Never used them. I’ve successfully ordered the Cube i9 (which Chris reviewed) via GearBest and again for the Mi A1 for my kids. I also find that there’s an Ireland based eBay trader that sells a lot of Chinese kit at a modest premium over China prices. However, right now the cheapest eBay seller is selling at GBP100 more than TradingShenzen on eBay UK. That’s far too much of an ‘idiot tax’ for my tastes…

I have used Oppomart to buy my Oneplus 5T and that, eventually, arrived… I’m not sure I’d recommend them.

Cheers

Ralph

Kishan
    Participant

Hi Ralph,

Thanks again

I’m probably going to order from trading sheznen based on the assumption that Chris has used them quite a lot in his videos and the delivery time is quite good, combined with its price. It also has Google play pre installed

But I’ll probably wait for his video next week before I order it.

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Ditto… 😉

Ralph

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chris, please touch on whether you get hit for additional taxes with TS delivery when it arrives…

Cheers

Ralph

It’s coming with DHL the fastest method so I will have some tax to pay, but if you use the slower shipping it’s tax-free. Only getting it fast for my review of course.

Hi Ralph,

I think I’m going to wait for the review of the mi max 3 before purchasing it.

If I were to order form trading Shenzhen, have you had any personal experience with them? Are they reliable?

Thanks in advance

It’s my 5th order now for them and all good so far, good service, many emails updates on it being packed, tracking details and then boxed up well with good adaptors and type-c USB adaptor even. They are one of the better ones for sure.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Kishan
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I’m planning to go on holiday on the 21st august. Do you think I will get the phone from trading Shenzhen using the fastest delivery in time for my holiday after your review?

Thanks in advance

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Sounds like DHL from his earlier comment above…

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’m planning to go on holiday on the 21st August. Do you think I will get the phone from trading Shenzhen using the fastest delivery in time for my holiday after your review?

Thanks in advance

Yes as they normally send it out quick with DHL.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Kishan
    Participant

Thanks for the help ?

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Great initial review. Seems like a real step up from the max 2 in the areas that count…

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes where it counts, cameras, performance and face unlocking while keeping all the features that make the Max line great, big battery, bug screen, 3.5mm jack, type-c and fm tuner.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes where it counts, cameras, performance and face unlocking while keeping all the features that make the Max line great, big battery, bug screen, 3.5mm jack, type-c and fm tuner.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

I did notice that there’s currently a dearth of decent looking covers for it. My wife uses the ageing Lenovo Phab with a 6.8″ screen and we have a reasonable wallet style case for it. Right now there seems to be hardly any decent options for the Mi Max 3… though I did find this one possibility on Amazon…

Looking forward to your follow up review…

cheers

Ralph

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’m hunting for a good nikkon type hard case for it. None out yet.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Kishan
    Participant

Hi Ralph,

I recently saw that an ireland based eBay seller is selling the mi max 3 at £250. I was wondering whether if you were planning to buy from him instead of from Trading Shenzhen. One reason because I believe we wouldn’t have to pay any taxes towards it.

Thanks, Kishan

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Interesting. Didn’t see this. Link?

Cheers

Ralph

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar