August 1, 2018 at 12:28 pm #145032
- Posts: 14
Here are 2 screenshots I took.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.August 1, 2018 at 12:53 pm #145039
Never seen this seller before so I’d be wary…
RalphAugust 18, 2018 at 11:22 am #145640
- Posts: 1
Hi Just got a Mi Max 3 on ebay, was delivered in under 7 days.
It does not seem to be compatible with UK 4G or 3G only 2G in some areas, tested both EE and O2.
Data LTE does work but you cannot make outgoing calls.
Even though it supports most EU bands does not mean the carriers will allow you to use them.August 19, 2018 at 5:30 pm #145677
If that’s an accurate reflection of what happens in the UK then that’s a bit concerning! I ordered the Mi Max 3 from Gearbest and expect it in the next week or two. The only reason I went for it is believing it would work on Tesco Mobile (O2 network) in the UK. If it can only manage 2G that would be a huge disappointment…
RalphAugust 20, 2018 at 11:21 am #145703
- Posts: 2
I have managed to get my Mi Max 3 working in the UK.
Most sellers are loading “Official Global ROM”, there is no official Global ROM yet. Its something cooked up to make early sales and it is horribly broken (poor signal and you cannot make calls). Also you will never be able to get official OTA updates with that ROM.
In fact there are four ROMs floating around:August 20, 2018 at 11:27 am #145704
- Posts: 2
The real Global ROM will be released soon.
could not get links to post please replace — with ttp.
Until then you need to change to the only official Chinese ROM available:
Download Fastboot : ROM MIUI 9 China Stable ROM V220.127.116.11.OEDCNFD (2.7 GB)
You will need to follow the instructions for Fastboot.
MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED BEFORE DOING THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Fastboot roms are flashed through a special tool by xiaomi which can be found: here
You also might need adb drivers which are found: here
1. Open the drivers file and click “y” for every option that it asks for.
1. Install the fastboot tool tool
2. Download the fastboot rom that you wanna flash
3. Unzip the rom to a folder on your pc
4. Open the tool and in bottom right corner there will be 3 options, select “clean all”
5. Click on the “select” button on top left corner and head to the folder that you unziped, select it.
6. On your device enable “USB debugging”, “install via USB”, “USB Debugging (security settings)”, and disable “verify apps over USB” (Developers options are enabled by going to “about phone” then spam clicking the “MIUI version” until it says that your are a developer. then go to “additional setting” and you will find “developer options”)
7. Boot your device to fastboot mode by holding down the vol- + power key together until you see a bunny with fastboot sign.
8. Connect your device to your PC and click the “refresh” button on top right corner. (your phone should now appear in the list)
9. Click “flash” and wait until your device boots to the MI logo and 3 dots. (DONT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE BEFORE THAT!!!)
10. Wait for your device to boot up
” The above taken from:
After updating the phone will take up to 10 mins to repartition encrypt etc.
Next you need to set the language to say English and install Google Play
Then you need to install Google keyboard Gboard.
Finally get the latest MIUI version 18.104.22.168 OEDCNFD (Settings → MIUI version -> Update)August 20, 2018 at 2:37 pm #145709
Thanks for the advice. I’m expecting the phone in the next day or two. I will give it a try with the included ROM (I’m betting it will be a buggered up version like you describe) and, if I encounter any issues at all, I’ll follow your advice above.
Thanks for taking the time to share. Appreciate it.
RalphSeptember 5, 2018 at 12:39 pm #146713
- Posts: 5
coolDecember 19, 2018 at 9:01 am #149259
- Posts: 4
Max 3 with 6/128 and Global rom?
Am I right in thinking that there isn’t an official global rom for the 6/128 version?
The only one I can find is from tradingshenzhen, who have it at $300, but as it says ‘Unlocked Bootloader’ AND global on the info I’m guessing that they’ve flashed the China model with the 4/64 global rom and I’m not sure that’s a good idea!!!
Can anyone confirm this and if flashing the 6/128 with the 4/65 global is going to throw up any issues??
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.