My experiences with EZBook 3 pro v5

My experiences with EZBook 3 pro v5

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series My experiences with EZBook 3 pro v5

This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Stefan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Brad
    Participant

I had unusable wifi on my v4 until I found the problem.  The signal is still weak to my TP-Link N-router but at least it works now and much less disconnections.
    I fixed the problem by opening the machine and removing and reconnecting one of the wifi antenna wires where it snaps onto the circuit board.  It was installed in a way (at an angle) where is was touching a metal part next to it – which was messing up signal reception.

Gianfranco
    Participant

Thanks a lot to you all ,guys. You helped me to find a way around this problem. Now I hope to sell the Kingdian easily, it is a really good product and it would make this Jumper flying. With Aliexpress you have to expect to pay taxes. Giving a look on Amazon and Ebay I found this Kingspec but it’s sold way more expensive than Aliexpress,<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #333333; cursor: text; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”> so at this price is worth paying taxes. I’m a bit worried about the shipping time (much longer than Gearbest). @Kenneth, sorry to bug you again, how was your experience with the product shipping?</span>

Kenneth
    Participant

Mehtavas,

Aliexpress is pretty much a platform for Chinese sellers to sell their wares on the international market, just like eBay. They’ll hold the payment until you confirm delivery of the item and in cases where there’s a dispute, they’ll mediate. This seller is pretty quick with getting the item out the door. If I remember correctly it took about 3 weeks to get to me. Taxes are dependent on where you are situated so it’s best you check with your relevant local dept. But I know the most sellers on Aliexpress are willing to under-declare the price or declare it as a gift to help buyers avoid taxes. Just leave them a message.

Gianfranco,

My SSD was sent in a brown envelope with bubble wrap inside. Arrive in good shape and was decently protected. I think it took about 3 weeks to reach me.

Honestly, I buy lots of stuff from Aliexpress and so far have had 1 non-delivery which Aliexpress settled by refunding the money (seller didn’t ship). Shipping time really depends. I’ve had items show up on my doorstep in less than 2 weeks and for some, I’ve had to wait for 2 months. Shipping times don’t normally bother me and I usually choose the cheapest/free shipping. Generally, the more expensive the item is the faster it’ll arrive because the seller will use a faster shipping method. If I’m not mistaken, that link that I provided (I bought it from them) is KingSpec’s official Aliexpress site. If you’re worried about taxes just message the seller and ask them to declare it as a gift or declare a lesser value. I haven’t met a seller that refused to do so. It doesn’t cost them anything and it makes the buyer happy. 🙂

Giovanni
    Participant

Thanks a lot to you all ,guys. You helped me to find a way around this problem. Now I hope to sell the Kingdian easily, it is a really good product and it would make this Jumper flying. With Aliexpress you have to expect to pay taxes. Giving a look on Amazon and Ebay I found this Kingspec but it’s sold way more expensive than Aliexpress,<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #333333; cursor: text; font-family: Georgia,’Times New Roman’,’Bitstream Charter’,Times,serif; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”> so at this price is worth paying taxes. I’m a bit worried about the shipping time (much longer than Gearbest). @kenneth, sorry to bug you again, how was your experience with the product shipping?</span>

I bought this one from AliExpress a few days ago.
    If you don’t want to pay taxes, just add a note to the order saying to declare less than 22€ (I’m from Italy and here we pay taxes if the value is more than 22€).
    P.S. if you buy it with the Android app you’ll get a small discount and pay it 34,06€

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Kenneth
    Participant

I bought this one from AliExpress a few days ago. If you don’t want to pay taxes, just add a note to the order saying to declare less than 22€ (I’m from Italy and here we pay taxes if the value is more than 22€). P.S. if you buy it with the Android app you’ll get a small discount and pay it 34,06€

I’m using the 256GB version and it’s working fine. Bought it through the mobile app as well and mine was declared as a gift. Looks like we bought it from the same seller. Hope this SSD works out well for you.

Giovanni
    Participant

I bought this one from AliExpress a few days ago. If you don’t want to pay taxes, just add a note to the order saying to declare less than 22€ (I’m from Italy and here we pay taxes if the value is more than 22€). P.S. if you buy it with the Android app you’ll get a small discount and pay it 34,06€

I’m using the 256GB version and it’s working fine. Bought it through the mobile app as well and mine was declared as a gift. Looks like we bought it from the same seller. Hope this SSD works out well for you.

Yeah, but I haven’t bought the EZBook yet ?

I’ll order it when the SSD is half way there since it take minimum 3 weeks for product from China to come to Italy.

Maybe in the meantime Jumper might release a v6 ?

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Kenneth
    Participant

Yeah, but I haven’t bought the EZBook yet ? I’ll order it when the SSD is half way there since it take minimum 3 weeks for product from China to come to Italy. Maybe in the meantime Jumper might release a v6 ?

And in a month or so the Gemini Lake will probably be out and we’ll all be tempted to buy it… LOL.  ?

Luca
    Participant

it take minimum 3 weeks for product from China to come to Italy. Maybe in the meantime Jumper might release a v6 ?

2 months and a half for my EZBook to Italy via Gearbest.

They might get to V9 in the meantime… 🙂

Chupa
    Participant

regarding your flicker issue, try f.lux to dim the screen it might work out better.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

euplio
    Participant

I own a Ezbook 3 pro v5 and my unit has also the strange noise at low brightness… Also F.lux doesn’t help! Hardware or driver related? I don’t know but I want to fix the problem, really annoing noise!

EDIT: I’ve found a way to change PWM but I don’t know what value should be the best (in Hz). Maybe some user without the noise problem could tell us the right value. App linked here…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mike A
    Participant

Got the new V5 with the locked bios too, installed a micron 256gb M2 drive , clipped the plastic casing around the drive removed the screw and fixed it with isolation tape. Made a windows image with macronium and put that on the m2 drive. Then installed minitool to get rid of the partitions on the MMC. All fine sofar, great little travel ultrabook for next to nothing. I paid 180 Euro at gearbest with insured shipping to Germany, arrived in 8 days.

That’s a new record my previous order, a M-Horse phone, took 5 weeks.

Stefan
    Participant

I own a V5 without noise at low brightness.

Used your tool and it says 20000 Hz.

Francesco
    Participant

Ive got the noise problem too, however i dont think its screen related, it keeps the same noise level and pitch from 0 to 100%. It`s also the same while in idle or running a benchmark, any other idea on what could it be?

Stefan
    Participant

OnV3 it was screen/brightness related for sure. You could drop the brightness to 37% without noise. Everything under that made a high pitch sound wich was increasing with lower brightness.

I know the same behavior from Flashlights with PWM controlled brightness.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password