My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    David Peterson
    Participant

So what happened is a couple of weeks ago I tried to show someone a 1080 ProRes HQ file from my SD card, which froze the laptop!! Seemed that is too tough for it?? Surprisingly so.

Anyway, I was in a big rush to get to my next location so I just closed the lid of the laptop and put it in my bag still in the frozen state.

Some hours later when I got home, the laptop would not turn back in.

So thinking it was flat, I charged it up (the blue LED charging light would go on).

Next day, still wouldn’t boot! (although a blue LED light does flick on when I hit the boot switch, which is the normal one for when it boots up, but the screen remains black and off. Nothing seems to be happening)

Help?! :-/ 🙁

sipart
    Participant

Hi. Do you get any light bleed around the screen like it is receiving power? I assume you get nothing on the screen, no jumper or bios logo? Any response from a monitor when connecting the laptop up via HDMI (if you have a cable and HDMI monitor or TV).

David Peterson
    Participant

Absolutely nothing from the screen, nothing emitting from it at all.

Only light coming from it is the blue LED.

And don’t have the right HDMI cable to try out the HDMI output :-/

George G
    Participant

The tiny charging light (LED) on the right side of the laptop is orange, not blue.

Have you tried holding the power button down for five seconds? That should result in a hard reset and power off.

Wait another five seconds and press the power button again to reboot.  I hope this helps.

Sarn
    Participant

My ez book pro 3 has just had the same problem… I fully charged it and tried again but nothing works.

The blue power led flashes but the screen is conpletley black. Just happened out of the blue, i didnt change anything on the laptop, just turned it off and went to bed one night and now the screen wont start.

Sarn
    Participant

Update

I kept turning on the laptop till the blue led wouldnt stay on, aka killing the battery.

Just plugged in to charger and turned it on and screen is working

JL
    Participant

Just had the same problem happen to me. blue LED, total black screen…tried hard reset and no jumper logo or anything.

Brad
    Participant

Just had the same problem happen to me. blue LED, total black screen…tried hard reset and no jumper logo or anything.

You guys seeing this problem, do you have the v4 of EZB3Pro or another version?

tim
    Participant
    Brad
    Participant

I’m going to make a guess as what’s causing this problem based on how @Sarn got it working again (above) by fully draining/discharging the battery.
    It seems to me the system is somehow saving a display state (resolution, etc.) which is not supported at boot-up time due to the appropriate display drivers not being loaded, or something else required.  Once the battery is fully dead this state is lost and it boots up with the default (low resolution?) settings and the screen is visible again. To me this seems likely it’s a BIOS bug – the system not resetting display defaults when cold booted (hard power off)… or the possibility that the system is not powering down but merely suspending when the power off button it pressed?  Someone needs to report this problem to Jumper so they can fix it.  Maybe it can be fixed with just a BIOS firmware upgrade.

Also…I’m wondering if there has been a Windows 10 software upgrade lately – perhaps changing the display driver – that is causing this problem now with so many people.  Is there a way to show all the latest Win10 updates that have taken place on a machine?  But I guess if that is the case, a driver is causing it, it will now happen all the time.  If it’s really an infrequent problem, could be faulty hardware, or some failing hardware component?  It will be hard to diagnose if it happens very rarely.

Brad
    Participant

Absolutely nothing from the screen, nothing emitting from it at all. Only light coming from it is the blue LED. And don’t have the right HDMI cable to try out the HDMI output :-/

@David, did you try draining the battery as @Sarn did above? if you don’t want to wait, I suppose you could also open the computer and disconnect the battery temporarily.

David Peterson
    Participant

I drained the battery 100%, then charged it all day, and then it turned on ok.

SRA
    Participant

I just got my EZbook pro 3 version 4 a couple of weeks ago and it just did this to me too!  I was so happy to see this thread.

I had it plugged in when this happened so it had a full charge. It took me 2 days to drain the battery.  I just plugged it in to charge and tried to power it on after 30mins. Now I don’t even see the blue indicator light when I press power!

I left it plugged in and hopefully it will work. The AliExpress jumper store is not super responsive.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Cross your fingers for me

SRA
    Participant

Update:

Nothing seemed to work.  I contacted the official Jumper store on AliExpress and they asked me to get repair estimates.  I went to a really good repair shop and was told that it wasn’t worth it to fix the laptop.  They said that it seems to be some defective hardware and it would be cheaper just to replace the unit.  I informed the Jumper store and they want me to pay to ship it back for a refund.  I’m obviously annoyed and trying to see if they can exchange it or pay for the return shipping since the laptop I received was defective.

David Stone
    Participant

My one (v4) has developed the exact same fault. Really not impressed how dodgy the reliability of these cheap laptops are 🙁

Trying to let the battery drop to zero but the blue light never goes completely off.

Sometimes it boots to the Jumper screen but it doesn’t go any further.

Help!! :-/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password