My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    thorsten
    Participant

My one (v4) has developed the exact same fault. Really not impressed how dodgy the reliability of these cheap laptops are ? Trying to let the battery drop to zero but the blue light never goes completely off. Sometimes it boots to the Jumper screen but it doesn’t go any further. Help!! :-/

Have you tried disconnecting the battery?

At 7:24 Min shows how to.

David Stone
    Participant

Yeah, just tried it (Chris suggested that as well).

It’s working again!

I did what you and Chris said – opened the case, unplugged the battery, left it for a while (overnight) and then charged it up fully before turning it on again!

It must have been some BIOS /  boot glitch as it’s working again now.

Phew!

Emilio
    Participant

Hi to all, my Jumper Ezbook 3 PRO does not turn on (until yesterday it worked like a charm with Ubuntu Mate).

No blue led light, only the charging light works.

@ds28
    : if you opened the case in order to unplug the battery, you lost the warranty?

Chupa
    Participant

first try power button press until you hear pop –  than jumper is really off.
    Now try reboot.
    Not working?  do you have warranty sticker over screw?
    no sticker no problem.
    With sticker ask dealer first then unplug battery for a few minutes while power is not connected.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Emilio
    Participant

@chupa: yes, I have the warranty sticker over one screw.

I tried to hold down the power button for a long time (about 90 seconds) but nothing happens (no light, black screen) even after I press it another time.

The strange thing is last time it worked, it shutdown properly via Ubuntu Mate (yesterday afternoon).

Chupa
    Participant

still, ask dealer first if it is ok with him to open for a battery reset.

some dealer void warranty automatically if you put another OS on the computer (read whole order page and if not clear ask first.)

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chupa
    Participant

in case of doubt make video from unresponsive computer, show what you are doing and then show opening the seal and disconnecting the battery, wait a couple minutes, let video run showing computer. than reconnect battery put back on ( no need for screws) turn over and try to boot. upload video to youtube and send link to dealer.

Need Help?

Emilio
    Participant

Some updates…

Yesterday evening it turns on again without doing anything! (only a full charge of battery in the morning)

It boots instantly three times; four attempt only with a long pressure of power button.

Very strange…

Chupa
    Participant

open up battery cable and keyboard cable (look how it is done properly) dis- and reconnect.

The power button goes via the keyboard cable. That might be the culprit.

Need Help?

Aderbal Machado Ribeiro
    Participant

<span id=”result_box” class=”” lang=”en”><span class=””>gays, try to open the back cover and disconnect the battery for a few seconds to reset the bios and let’s see what happens …</span></span>

Bernd
    Participant

Did someone find a proper solution for this issue? I have the same experience now with my Jumper. SOmetimes press/holding the power button works. But then next day it fails again.

Disconnect the battery has same result as the power button holding. It did not structurally fix it.

Chupa
    Participant

I disabled my power button in the power menu
    the 10 seconds emergency OFF press still works
    and the power on start works also as expected.
    shutdown is via windows shutdown menu

never had a problem in nearly a year.

Need Help?

George G
    Participant

Let the battery run down, then recharge it. When restarting, boot into the BIOS first, then exit. When this is successful, make sure all of your drivers are the latest version and that Win10 is up to date. This is what I did and I haven’t had a problem since.

Chupa
    Participant

that will almost do nothing, because letting the battery run down goes only to the point where win 10 activates the critical battery action what is always dump the actual state on to the ssd and turn off – or in short hibernate.

IF a battery is really so far run down (or shortly disconnected) that the bios looses it setting, it goes after a start into the double boot mode.
    first start is checking the hardware and putting the right values into the wiped clean bios then it restarts again and boots normally.

Need Help?

Brad
    Participant

I think @Chupa may be onto something.  NOTHING I did would revive my EZB3P with the same problem. And believe me, I tried everything.
    Then after setting it aside for a LONG time (a couple months I think) just for insanity’s sake I tried it once more and the darn thing booted up and worked fine.
    So I’m guessing there is some other battery on the motherboard backing up the BIOS chip and that has to run down (discharge).
    Or perhaps some charged capacitor?  Dunno. Something must be keeping the BIOS from losing settings while the battery is disconnected.
    God only knows what causes the BIOS or whatever to get into the funky state in the first place. For me it happened after “hybernating” when booted into Linux.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar