My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series My Jumper EZBook 3 Pro will not turn on?!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Chupa
    Participant

the opposite happened to me

put a perfectly working acer 1 away and a year later it would not respond to anything.
    I go so mad I smashed it several times on the ground until if was properly disassembled.

did not fix it but was well worth it after I tinkered for a while without any sign of life.
    I felt much better and the acer is now debugged on some landfill.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Jobmarley
    Participant

We have probed out the possible culprit for the booting problem. I have a jumper ezbook 3 pro with the same problem. First i thought it was coming from the failure of the bios but i was wrong. The laptop was booting perfectly fine the problem is the LED screen is not powering up because of a faulty gpu. I im trying to try and work with this problem to see if this would solve it.

Brad
    Participant

We have probed out the possible culprit for the booting problem. I have a jumper ezbook 3 pro with the same problem. First i thought it was coming from the failure of the bios but i was wrong. The laptop was booting perfectly fine the problem is the LED screen is not powering up because of a faulty gpu. I im trying to try and work with this problem to see if this would solve it.

So I guess that means it wasn’t working with an HDMI connected external monitor either?  For me that also was not working (until it magically started working again months later).

Jobmarley
    Participant

Maybe yours was a bios problem. The fact that it wasnt running for a month or so would mean that the board drained all the power it had. And it would mean that the cmos and bios would reset.

Chupa
    Participant

computers might be female
    you often can not explain the behavior
    sometimes they give you joy for years  and sometime they can drive you nuts
    often problems show up when you try to change them (updates)
    sometimes they stay with you forever, but just get too outdated and sometimes they quit on you just when everything was fine (so you thought)

the best way to live with electronics is add a bit ZEN to the relationship – and count to 4e4 before smashing them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

vman
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have a Jumper EZBook 3L Pro (pretty much the same as a 3 Pro). Every time I shutdown the laptop, the only way to turn it back on is to press and hold the power button until it turns on. This can take anywhere between 5-10 minutes of holding the power button pressed to turn it on. The Laptop never turns on from a single press or a few second press. Once it turns on, it boots fine and functions normally.

My only solution so far is to leave the laptop on and put it to sleep by closing the lid. Opening the lid brings it back from sleep.

Anyone experience the same? any solutions/fix?

Mary
    Participant

After reading these useful posts I was able to turn on my ezbook x3 by completely draining the battery and then plugging in the device. It’s working fine now. Thank you!

Sergey N.
    Participant

Hello there guys!!
    I do have the similar problem with my Jumber EzBook 3 Pro rev2.
    I eman it doesn’t turn on, battery doesn’t charge up too.
    When I plug in the power supply orange led just start to blink after ever 3-5 seconds.
    When I try to turn laptop on, the blue led just blinking and nothing happens. Same with battery connected or disconnected.
    Power supply is 100 percent workable. I do not understand what is going on.
    Sorry if my English is not that good.
    And I would be very greateful for any hints or advices.
    So far I tried to de-attach battery, connect laptop to my TV, reconnected all connectors.
    What else can I do?

Steve
    Participant

This is my sister’s machine – she’s had it two or three years from new. Worked fine and I upgraded it to Windows 11 I think some months ago. Yesterday she closed Firefox and the screen flashed with some brief window then seemed to close itself down. On booting it up all I can get is a blank screen almost immediately after powering up – see attached. The screen is closer to white not blue. I’ve tried many combinations of keys while booting but always getting this blank display. i suspect it’s not booting into the OS. I use Macs myself so I’m flying blind. I remember a nightmare a year or so ago when it tried to upgrade the OS and there wasn’t enough memory on the SSD. Had to boot from a USB with Windows on and delete stuff. Can any-one help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steve
    Participant

Well, I took it to my local pc repair shop to check it out. The pc is fine and working via external display but the screen itself is broken. They removed it with difficulty as it was heat welded in. They accidentally broke the u shaped bracket meaning it needs s total screen replacemement. They searched for a replacement part but the numbers on the screen are completely unknown. So if anyone has an old broken one in UK do let me know!

maranza
    Participant

Has anyone come up with a definitive solution yet? When I turn off mine I have to unplug the battery and leave it alone for at least a couples of days. Then when I plug it back it turns on just fine.

I’d leave it on all the time, if it weren’t for the trackpad that sometimes stops working and I have to unplug the battery.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar