The better Ezbook 3 Pro? "My name is Homer Thomson"

The better Ezbook 3 Pro? "My name is Homer Thomson"

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series The better Ezbook 3 Pro? "My name is Homer Thomson"

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bob 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Chupa
    Participant

After I misused the 256GB m.2 in and out an external USB3.0 case for a lot of screwing around with different windows versions back in my Jumper 3S I finally gave up on win 7 and 8 since it is blocked by intel and MS.

In the end the 256 went back to the usb3 case, the 512 went back into the jumper, the whole thing was cloned again and installed back into the Thomson. When I read my post how Homer reacted last time, booting direct in to the m.2, this time was different.
    Booting was into the eMMC and had to be corrected in the boot order.
    This time the windows copy had even some more things disabled, windows did behave as it was still in the Jumper.
    Everything worked, was activated and did not screw around in trying to update anything.
    The only thing what went into an endless boot loop was GTA V, but since the 2 processors in the Thomson can barely cope with the absolute minimum setting  It is not important and will get into the dumpster.

I worked for a couple hours with the Thomson resting on a blanket and after 2 hours the processor temp was 40C and the usage 2 watt. With the light dimmed to 25% the whole battery usage was around 4. something watt.

The Thomson SP-NEOX13.4GR32 is now 3 months in light use and mild tempering, has been open around 10 times to screw around.
    The battery is still without any wear, I learned a bit more about him, like precision touchpad, dual ac wifi. The antennas are placed under the palm rest and result in a drop of 8 to 15 db when the keyboard is used , you see good when this happens.
    It is still no problem for the lousy 3mb wi-max I am getting but I am getting all 3mb constant.

I absolutely love the matte IPS screen but not when too much direct sunlight is all around, the matte surface acts like a diffuser and the screen is just not bright enough to counter this situation.  In normal room situations just not my bright winter garden with the sunlight full frontal in the morning through 6m2 glass the picture is fine, even comparable when I had my fist Samsung Galaxy 5 OLED experience.
    So over all when I read all the Jumper trouble (happily my 3S seems a different breed) I am glad the Thomson is there to pick up where the Jumper will leave off in kind of something happening.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Bob
    Participant

Hello Chupa, thank you for your posts! Excellent review and presentation!

Could you please tell me

• Does the Thomson take a M2 SSD 2242 or 2280?
    • How many hours does the battery last?

Thank you

Chupa
    Participant

I show a picture thomson inside
    I also show the first picture
    just look
    It fits lengths of 30, 42, 60, 80 and 110 mm

and battery always depends on your use
    heavy and full brightness around 4 hours
    low usage and min brightness 8 hours

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Bob
    Participant

thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password