Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    norman
    Participant

been away the next days…so if you can, pls wrote all steps i have to do and i will do if i find time

i thank you for your help

Jonathan
    Participant

Will do that. Sorry I haven’t been any use..

Tschuuuls
    Participant

If anyone happens to face the lines in TWRP (white blurry screen), reboot, when in TWRP goto Settings, Display and turn off screen timeout.

Fixed it for me.

norman
    Participant

back again…any news?

Jonathan
    Participant

Yes, Sorry, been busy…

Charge your tablet.

Unzip this file into your SD card, preserving the directory structure. I.e. you should have a bios directory in the root of your SD card that contains a number of files including “flash”. PLace the SD card into your tablet and boot this image file.
    In TWRP start a terminal command in “/sbin/bios” enter the command “./unk” (to set up ready for flashing the BIOS you provided, 806 and 207 are the BIOS versions available from Chuwi’s forum).
    If everything works you should see the message unzipped.
    Hook up your tablet to a charger then restart your tablet and let it flash.
    There is a potential issue in that secure boot will stop the flash tool from running, there might be a workaround if you hit this issue.
    Please note that you will see some errors when your tablet restarts, this is expected do not panic and cut power!

norman
    Participant

^thank you for your work!

but ;(

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jonathan
    Participant

Damn, the tools in the Hi8 TWRP are different to the the Vi10 TWRP…

Here’s a package that should work, unzip click boot(.bat) and try the “./unk” command again.
    You’ll probably get an error about not finding startup.nsh and some paths will allready exist, this doesn’t matter.

BTW I’ve found that I can boot the Hi8 TWRP recovery on my Vi10 Pro (without display) and use ADB to test stuff so I’ve actually been able to test the package this time. Whether flashing the BIOS will fix the USB issue is another matter…

norman
    Participant

this one works…the bios version in the file is the same as in the device (flashing is done after some seconds – did it flash?)

but you are right…the bios flashing doesnt fix the USB issue (if the flash was done and not skiped)

Jonathan
    Participant

I think it should take longer than that to flash, did you get the progress bar? The Insyde utility does skip areas on the Vi10, I think it only changes sectors that need changing and some are locked down against change.

You could try the 806 and 207 BIOS, one of those would give a different BIOS version.

Did Android start up again afterwards?

norman
    Participant

i got the progress bar and there i can see the BIOS Versions.

How to try the 207 instead the 806?

and yes…Android boot is ok

Jonathan
    Participant

Instead of “./unk” it’s “./207” or “./806”.

norman
    Participant

ok..tried all versions..unk 806 and 207 and unk again…it need more time from 806 to 207 to unk…but …no USB 🙁

keyboard LED is blinking  after i put it directly on the OTG cable (…no action after put it through a powered USB hub

damn…there must be a opportunity to reset the bios settings

norman
    Participant

how did the threat owner fix this problem?!?

Jonathan
    Participant

The OP fixed the USB issue using a utility I modified. Post is here.

norman
    Participant

saw that…but only saw the Log file and though that it´s a tool to create the log file :/

any workthrough how to use it? It could maybe help me?!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password