Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Need to reflash BIOS in DnX Mode

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

I did the same thing for you, unfortunately it didn’t help. In your case there didn’t appear to be any critical USB issues in your setup (that I know of). Tschuuuls had an issue with the mode of the USB controller.

norman
    Participant

ok..i understand…so the only thing left is…to say big THANK YOU for your help and i have to wait for other solution

Rozapk
    Participant

What’s the serial number of your tablet please?

norman
    Participant

Q32G22160601506

Braulio Lledó
    Participant

@Jonathan

Damn man, I was sure I screwed up my tablet. Using ./unk fixed my USB OTG!

People like you make the internet awesome, thank you!

sean
    Participant

So.. it just happend, My windows 10 was unstable AKA BLUESCREEN after installing some apps (Sidesync and VISOR) on windows it also had minimum space like 400 mb remainning on system part because windows updated, thats all in 1 week after receiving it, Now i simply reseted windows 10, factory reseted, and pressed delete all files, then it rebooted and failed to reset, now my USB is gone, I still have a mouse when i boot into windows 10, but it only pops a error message in windows GUI with a mouse, Android works.. barely now, it just reboots every 5 minute or so for. unknows reason, well it always been doing that, So my device is : Hi8 Pq32G221605+08787.

I would like to have windows on it but, since i factory reseted in windows 10 = No more USB OTG in ANDROID, which USED to work since = I used to moonlight from my pc to my tablet on android and the SAME hardware now fails, Also anything else usb doesnt recognize any driver, only charging works AND FAST charging SEEMS GONE. its like …. WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Thanks for helping me in advance :'( i lost hope . bought this for my Sister cause shes at junior school and learning Microsoft Office you know… But shes stuck with android Office :'(

Please help me fix my sister.

Partho
    Participant

@ Jonathan

Bro I have a vi10, had no windows and I not understanding the consequences disabled usb. Now I do not have a working keyboard nor USB power.

I was searching web for solutions with frustration until I got here. As you know about the problem and you’ve got a vi10 I hope you have a solution bro. Please say yes!!!

My serial is: 22150901015

Jonathan
    Participant

Partho, I did package a fix for this a long time ago, however, it seems that there have been two additional versions of the BIOS made available since then.

If you haven’t changed the BIOS you should be OK, but I can’t guarantee it (worst case is you have to open the tablet and program the flash chip directly, which is a pain in the neck). If you want to play it safe I could do some additional checks to see if the fix is compatible, but I won’t have time to do this for a day or so. Do you still have Windows booting?

If you’re in the mood to risk it then the fix package is here. You need to extract it to a Windows 8.x/10 system, to which you will attach your Vi10 (using the micro USB connector on the tablet), then run “run_me.bat”. It’ll take you through what to do step by step. You can skip the micro SD card if you like.

Partho
    Participant

No brother, I do not have any windows or android system installed in my tab. But in boot option i can choose windows and it’ll go to that only up and down bubble menu. It was my friends, he tried something with a partition tool… Im not sure exactly…  then it came to me and I worsened the situation.

And about the risk, since I do not have any experience with the hardware, I think I’ll wait…. and thank you verry much for your response… looking forward to here from you again when your’e free.

Jonathan
    Participant

Ok, I’ve checked out the currently available BIOS for the Vi10 and packaged this system that as far as I can test works with all of them.

I can’t guarantee anything but I think you’ll be safe with this version.

Partho
    Participant

Dear Jonathan bro,  sorry for the late response. Would you please confirm me some things?

1. I’ll Need a windows 8/10 machine to run this fix. it’ll not work in a win7 machine..
    2. No fastboot/Adb requred in the PC.
    3. Need to connect my Tab in Dnx mood with the PC and then run the software.
    4. You’re not irritated by my ignorance in the matter.

FYI:

1. I haven’t updated bios in the tab.
    2. No custom recovery is installed in my tab.
    Jonathan
    Participant

No problem about the response time, I was after all early in getting back to you 🙂

It should work acceptably on a Windows 7 machine, one message won’t display correctly but that doesn’t really matter.

The bat file will install the drivers needed to talk to your tablet and has adb/fastboot included in the package. By the way when you install one of the drivers it will ask you connect/disconnect a device, I’ve never had to do that for it to work.

When you run the bat file it takes you through what to do, step by step, including when to put the tablet into DNX mode and when to connect it. Obviously, you do that using the micro USB connector on the tablet.

The bat file will ask you put a micro SD card into the tablet, you may skip that step if you like.

You’re not especially ignorant from what I can tell, you’ve asked good questions and seem to have a pretty good grasp on things. I’m not irritated in the slightest 🙂

Partho
    Participant

Jonathan brother you are a life savior!!! Your tool worked like a charm!! I’ve got back my usb and keybord. I remember someone saying ” People like you make the internet awesome!!” I cant but agree to those words…. all the best wishes to you brother!!

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password