New Teclast F7 from Gearbest came with a lot of Malwarebytes threats

New Teclast F7 from Gearbest came with a lot of Malwarebytes threats

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops New Teclast F7 from Gearbest came with a lot of Malwarebytes threats

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan H
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I got a 128GB F7 thanks to the recent discount from Gearbest last week, and I have just I ran Malwarebytes and it detected 98 threats, most of which were PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs), but it also detected a couple of pieces of Adware. Does anyone else have any of these?

I’m a bit apprehensive about using it now – is removing them via Malwarebytes enough (I’ll also do a Windows Defender scan)? I’m tempted to do a complete reinstall (I would run Linux, but none of the distros I tried have a working touchpad).

Thanks!

Chupa
    Participant

save the drivers, do a clean install of win1803

now you have only to eliminate the WUPs windows unwanted programs

to be totally safe reformat and overwrite your ssd with a deep cleaner.

Check for hidden partitions

best get rid of all the partitions  too

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Brad
    Participant

Hi Guys, I got a 128GB F7 thanks to the recent discount from Gearbest last week, and I have just I ran Malwarebytes and it detected 98 threats, most of which were PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs), but it also detected a couple of pieces of Adware. Does anyone else have any of these? I’m a bit apprehensive about using it now – is removing them via Malwarebytes enough (I’ll also do a Windows Defender scan)? I’m tempted to do a complete reinstall (I would run Linux, but none of the distros I tried have a working touchpad). Thanks!

What distros did you try?  Did you try the latest Manjaro XFCE?  What about the latest Linuxium “respin” of Lubuntu? Antergos?

Edit: just read on another thread…

“Ubuntu 18.04 (Budgie or XFCE), doesn’t require rEFInd anymore and touchpad works out of the box.”

Dan H
    Participant

That’s odd – I tried  a couple of Ubuntu flavours (Ubuntu and Budgie), as well as Antergos and Fedora. It didn’t work in any of them.

I’ll give i another go soon…

Brad
    Participant

That’s odd – I tried a couple of Ubuntu flavours (Ubuntu and Budgie), as well as Antergos and Fedora. It didn’t work in any of them. I’ll give i another go soon…

Did you try specifically v18.04 version of Ubuntu?  Try the latest Manjaro XFCE.  That and Lubuntu runs the fastest anyway.

sarahkhy
    Participant
    juri
    Participant

I’ll Recive my teclast f7 on tuesday and, First or all, i Will install Ubuntu! I Will try to replace the kernel with this One… I’ve a question: “subsequently, can i upgrade the kernel?”

…Sorry for my english…

Thanks a lot.

Registrato.

Juri

Brad
    Participant

subsequently, can i upgrade the kernel?”

Yes, Google is your friend.

Chupa
    Participant

no, Google, Facebook and Twitter are not your friends your are they product.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-14/censorship-what-happens-when-powerful-people-get-scared
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-13/surveillance-baked-googles-dna-even-if-you-turn-it-report
    and there is the news that they all want your medical data.

try duckduckgo as a new friend

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Weesky85
    Participant

Just got mine, installed Malwarebytes straight away and got no issues back. Was yours possibly 2nd hand?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar