Problem with microSD card…

Problem with microSD card…

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Problem with microSD card…

This topic contains 55 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ti 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Oultaid
    Participant

Hello.

I have a problem with the microSD card on my Cube i7 Book; when Windows starts the tablet doesn’t recognize the microSD card. I have to remove it and then re-insert the card. After doing this, everything works correctly.

Someone else has the same problem? Is there a solution to the problem?

Thank you!

Oultaid
    Participant

Can anybody help me?

Jay
    Participant

I know there’s a SD support setting somewhere in the BIOS (been a whle so not sure exactly where) – maybe changing that might help?

Evest
    Participant

I have the same problem… ¿Any solution?

Katagiri
    Participant

Another user told the Patriot 128GB Class 10 is working with no problems.

Doug Lung
    Participant

I’m that user. Windows 10 seems to work with some SD cards and not others, for no reason.

I have Arch Linux dual booting on my Cube and it didn’t have a problem with any of the cards, but I had to swap cards from other tablets and cell phones until I found one that worked with Windows 10.

The Patriot class 10 has been rock solid for a few months now. I shouldn’t say that too loud as I’ve had other cards work for a while (after a driver update) and then stop working in Windows later. This seems to be a fairly common problem with Chinese Windows 10 tablets. It could be as simple as a registry setting — that fixed the problem on my Teclast X98 Pro.

Katagiri
    Participant

The registry setting also works with Cube i7?

Mine is stucked at customs and it will take long, according to them the fiscalization has a huge delay, I’ll test my cards as soon as I get it. If none work, I’ll buy a Patriot for myself.

In the past I had a Chinese Android tablet that refused to read a Sandisk card I had but it was able to read a Kingston card and I still have it.

Doug Lung
    Participant

I found the link to a driver download in the TechTablets Telcast X98 Pro forum about a year ago. The poster mentioned that it appeared the driver didn’t actually install any software, just changed some registry settings. This was for a different tablet (Intel Z8700 based) with perhaps a different SD card reader so not sure it would work on the Cube i7, although it is also Intel based. Unfortunately I didn’t note what the registry changes were and don’t have access to the tablet now but probably will next month. I’ll see if I can grab the “inf” file from the driver and see what changed. Might be worth a try…

Katagiri
    Participant

Can you link the driver here? I’ll take a look myself at its files.

Thanks.

EDIT: I was browsing a little and look like if you go to BIOS and enable “MS Custom Sdbus Driver” it will work.

I think I found the registry key as well:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdbus\Parameters]
    "DisableUhsSupport"=dword:00000000

ssszzz
    Participant

Hi,

where did you find that setting in the bios? I somehow can not find it myself. Thanks.

Katagiri
    Participant

From Teclast X98 Pro forums. I have no idea if Cube i7 has it, mine didn’t arrive yet due to slow customs. It’s at Bios – Advanced – System Component – MS Custom Sdbus Driver – Enable.

It should look like this, if OS Image ID is not Windows 10, the option will not appear:

You can try the registry key as well.

ssszzz
    Participant

Yes I tried, but there is no System Components submenu to begin with. Nevertheless I checked all other submenus but was unable to find the MS Custom SDBus Driver option…

Katagiri
    Participant

I don’t have any options. I guess I’ll have to wait for my device to be delivered and try to figure out a way to solve this.

Did you try the registry key?

ssszzz
    Participant

Yes, but changed the SD card to a working one (I only have one card) so I cannot confirm any more if the reg hack did the trick…

Katagiri
    Participant

Can you tell the model of the card that is working? Maybe some models work and others don’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password