Problem with microSD card…

Problem with microSD card…

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Problem with microSD card…

This topic contains 55 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ti 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author

alevan
    Participant

Does somebody know what is the maker of the SD card reader? Not Realtek, as its driver has no effect. Neither is Intel, as he doesent manufacture SD readers.

Katagiri
    Participant

My driver is from Realtek, I already checked.

SirMcFrosty
    Participant

To get it all together: Still no real solution to get more SD Cards working on our Cube i7 Book?

It seems to be an issue which belongs to the SD-Hostadapter “Mobile 6th/7th Generation Intel(R) Processor Family I/O SCC: …” in conjunction with BIOS.

This SD Card Problems exist on various devices as for an example the Intel NUCs which use above mentioned SD Hostadapter. That error always happens under Windows 10 only. Not for example under Linux. It was solved (when they solved) with an BIOS update. So it is a problem which happens only because BIOS and Win10 Driver have a problem when working together.

Best option would be to fiddle around in our BIOS which is full with various Settings (after 25 Years never seen a BIOS which is so wide open 🙂 ) may be there is something we can do. I assume here is nobody which are willing to modify that BIOS. The real best option would be that Cube itself solve that problem and Hand out a new BIOS (did anybody checked the Cube Mix if it has a newer BIOS Version which could fit Cube i7 Book ??).

I tried myself already a lot. For example changing the driver and/or actualize them. I even changed to the older generic intel/windows driver “Intel SD Hostadapter (outdated)” which is default installed on almost all similar Laptops (Acer Aspire 15 ES for example) and Tablets (Trekstor Surftab DUO W1 for example) i had here the last few weeks. In there they had this “outdated” marked drivers. And my “Netac P500 64GB SD Card” worked there always.

I tried even a kind of trick whch worked for some on other devices with that Problem. its deactivate und activate in device Manager the SD hostadapter (for that they even had a script to automate it a bit). It didnt work for me.
    What we should try to is:
    Get in contact with Cube (may be one has more pressure on them like TechTablets Mod itself)
    Go in deep with our BIOS Settings (there are a lot other interesting things too like: will activate the Thunderbolt 3 Setting make my USB-C a Thunderbolt Port?)
    Check if the (it seems almost equal) new Cube Mix BIOS fit onto Cube i7 Book? (may be TechTablets Mod can test if that Problem exist for Cube Mix too or not)
    Extend that list of compatible SD Cards (and add which driver name and version is in use)

If anybody is not in mood anymore to do something about that problem you can…
    …throw your Cube out of the window 😀
    …buy a compatible SD Card
    …upgrade the original M.2 2242 SATA SSD to a bigger and faster one
    …save your pr0n not onto the Cube so you dont need more space as it already has 😛

Get this thread running guys! 🙂

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

Exhaustive research McFrosty, good work. Seems to be a widespread problem. The i7 Stylus doesn’t seem to have this issue though, unless someone can confirm otherwise, and they’ve done a lot of work modding the BIOS. Would be interesting to know if they know anything about tweaking the SD reader in the BIOS. The guys at 4PDA have said that the Netac 128GB card works so I’ve ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Will update whether it works or not. Would be nice to have a fast 128GB working in this thing. Here’s the complete list of cards they recommend as working…

A-Data Premier 64GB UHS-I Class 10 (Модель: AUSDX64GUICL10-RA1)
    Londisk 128 GB
    Netac 128 GB
    Adata MicroSDHC Class 10 32GB
    QUMO MicroSDHC class 10 16GB
    QUMO MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 128GB
    Transcend Premium microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I 300x 16GB
    SanDisk Extreme 64 Гб MicroSDXC UHS Class 3
    SanDisk MicroSD 2 Гб
    SanDisk MicroSDHC U1 16 Гб

Katagiri
    Participant

I was aware about the Londisk one, I ordered one from AliExpress already and I’m waiting for it. I have a 32GB Kingston class 10 working and it was reported that it doesn’t work.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

My “128GB Netac” turned up today. Sadly fake as hell! Supposedly 80mb/s read speed only got 10mb/s. Would show errors and dismount if i tried to write to it. It was however, ironically, recognized by the i7 book. Will be getting a refund. Dont’t buy memory cards from this ebay seller in the UK… http://stores.ebay.co.uk/geoff9774/

John Macie
    Participant

I got several “fake” 128gb cards from Wish (company) . I’m using a 128gb Samsung evo, and it works very well so far.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

John Macie
    Participant

Yes, Papa, that’s the card.

Katagiri
    Participant

I bought my Londisk card from their official store, I hope it’s OK.

Ti
    Participant

i am using a legit  Samsung 128gb Evo Plus (micro SDXC UHS-1) ((the Red ones)) and it works fine. They cost around usd$45.

Here is a link from amazon to show what it looks like:   http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-mc128d-128gb-Uhs-i-Adapter/dp/B0118LR9Z8

I am running stock drivers (no updates, just standard win10 updates, but do have a latter i7 model (bought in the last month)).

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password