Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Randomly powering off under low battery. Battery calibration issue?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

Just flashed my bios with the one ,everything went fine. We will see what happens…

John Smith Esq.
    Participant

So, any usb keyboard will work? I’m not ready to order the Chuwi keyboard yet (don’t know if I really need it).

Jorge
    Participant

Well done Chuwi!! finally you’ve heard the customer complaints and fixed the shutdown issue when battery was about 30%, It never happens again for me since I updated the Bios, In addition I have set my ram speed at 1600 mhz and works great, amazing Chuwi! this is the support we’re expecting from a professional team! keep this way and you’ll have happy customers and sales increasing!!

randula
    Participant

Anyone having trouble restarting windows when the battery level is around 13% ? or turning on the tablet ? (after the new bios update of course)

Thanks.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ll see if I can test that. I’ve just been running it down to 2% when it powers off and not restarting or turning it on. I’ll check that out. But my battery is at 85% so it will take a while for me to drain it down, it just lasts too long.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

PMS Souza
    Participant

Hello guys,

Someone here installed the bios update with an usb keyboard?
    I’m asking that because I read about a lot of people that tryied to install the bios without keyboard or something and get their device bricked… I want to install but, as I don’t have the official keyboard yet, I’m afraid.

Best regards,
    pSouza1

SanHayate
    Participant

You can use any USB keyboard to enter bios settings (F7).

Olvr007
    Participant

Hello everyone. 1st of, Chris mate, thank you for the reviews and the site.

I’m getting my HI12 from Banggood in the mail tomorrow. I already bought a USB keyboard and downloaded the BIOS update files and copied them to a flashdrive labeled WINPE, so I’m ready to upgrade the BIOS and eliminate the problems this update brings even before they happen.

Now, is there anything I wanna check before doing the update? is there any reason why I shouldn’t do the update? Chris. you mentioned a few posts back that you flash the wrong BIOS, how can I make sure I don’t do that, is there a way to check for the correct BIOS?

Thanks in advance!

Martin
    Participant

Just flashed mine,

Got message ‘image type ia32 is not supported by this x64 shell’ and then flashing stopped. Command line, typed ‘exit’. Tablet went through boot screen few times and in the end windows loaded. Had to change memory freq also. Was 1600 before flash and 1066 after. CPUID shows new BIOS and frequency now is ok too. Will update how battery is doing now. Mine was going down to 21% then it would stay at 21% for about an hour at low usage and suddenly die. Will see if that helps.

Regards,

Martin

UPDATE: Another success story with this update!

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

Just flashed mine, Got message ‘image type ia32 is not supported by this x64 shell’ and then flashing stopped. Command line, typed ‘exit’. Tablet went through boot screen few times and in the end windows loaded. Had to change memory freq also. Was 1600 before flash and 1066 after. CPUID shows new BIOS and frequency now is ok too. Will update how battery is doing now. Mine was going down to 21% then it would stay at 21% for about an hour at low usage and suddenly die. Will see if that helps. Regards, Martin UPDATE: Another success story with this update!

Use it for a good while before you update so you can test everything first and if you do update make sure it’s finished before restarting. I think my trouble was I didn’t realize the BIOS update had started automatically (black screen) and I powered off. BIOS updates do have risk of failure that will leave the system dead.

Eustaquio
    Participant

I tried to upgrade my new Chuwi Hi12 Dual OS firmware today, following carefully all the given steps. It all went well until the process stopped and the screen showed these words:

“Image type IA32 is not supported by this X64 shell”

I had to connect a keyboard (the official one couldn’t type letter ”e” to exit. I tried several times until it finally booted. 15 minutes after not using it, I tried to wake it up and it wouldn’t. I had to hold the power button for more than 10 seconds several times for it to boot again. I’m afraid it won’t wake up the next time, and I have no idea about what went wrong and how to solve it.

The BIOS I tried to flash is the latest one, which is meant to fix the wifi disconnect problem.

Ben
    Participant

Type “help” for a list commands available after u flash and when the command prompt shows up.

to exit, type “exit” not “e”

i believe “reset” works as well

Eustaquio
    Participant

I used ”exit”, and I made a mistake in the last message saying the problem was letter ”e”; it was ”i” I couldn’t type. Chuwi’s keyboard would show a ”5” instead. I plugged a plain keyboard and it worked fine.

The problem is that I tried to flash following the instructions and the tablet showed me that message. I don’t know what went wrong and how can I ”repair” the boot, so I would be grateful if anyone could share a solution.

Randy Coghill
    Participant

Can someone advise as to what is the newest dual bios version  (date of the bios)?  I have flashed what is supposed to be the katest version and 5.011 and a date of04/28/2016.

Thanks,

Alt

Frio Muerte
    Participant

The link for the BIOS requires a password. What is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar