Received Cube Mix Plus

Received Cube Mix Plus

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Received Cube Mix Plus

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your battery life like? If it’s somewhat decent, I might give it a try. I’m very interested in getting myself a chinese tablet – especially the Cube Mix Plus sounds promising, but I could nowhere find an indeep test… Thank you!

It’s around 4 hours for me for general web browsing

fris
    Participant

Ordered mine. How about emulation??? Ps2??? Dreamcast???

Thanks in advance.

àrkaikon
    Participant

Hi fris, I saw videos with i7 book and i7 stylus running Dolphin, but only some games.

There are games more hunger than others in PCSX2, Dolphin. Dreamcast will work like a charm, PS2, Final Fantasy X for example perfect, but Shadow of Colossus I don’t think so, Valkyrie Profile 2 NO (It wont work full speed on a 6700K w/RX 480). Game Cube – Wii, Mario Sunshine perfect but Mario Galaxy I don’t think so.

Regards!

fris
    Participant

I cannot agree with you.

Look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6XsDtLDy7Y

Is a surface i5 with 4400Hd gpu, more or less, the same possibilities as our Cube Mix Pro… Shadow of the colossus with 60 fps…

àrkaikon
    Participant

Oh my… I was thinking that it was frame skipping, but sadly on PS2 it runs at 20FPS 🙁

The last test I made was in a [email protected] and it runs like a shit, but it was long time ago.

In the 4200u of the video runs 50-60 fps >> 16-20fps, 2.3Ghz the two cores all time. (2.6 Max 1 core)

I don’t expect the 7y30 (limited to 2.0Ghz 2 cores active) can mantain the 2 cores at this speed, and surely it will down to 1.7-1.6-1.8. Maybe it can reach 38-52 fps >> 13-17 real fps.

fris
    Participant

I love this kind of discussions. 2,6 Ghz, no 2Ghz. Also 620 gpu is much faster than 4200u.

Look this: <b>14nm Intel Kaby Lake Core M3-7Y30 Dual Core 1.61GHz, up to 2.6GHz. 2,6 Ghz, no 2Ghz. Also 620 gpu is much faster than 4200u. </b>

I´really nervous with this product and I want to try it asap.

àrkaikon
    Participant

Recieved yesterday! 2.6Ghz only 1 core active, 2 active is reduced to 2Ghz 🙁

PCSX2: Tested Shadow of Colossus with the config of the video, the cores moves between 1.3Ghz and 1.5. 36-50fps as I thinking, tested Final Fantasy XII, 55-75fps (fps unlocked).

Tested New Super Mario Wii Dolphin (not hungry game) 60fps.

Testing, a stress test shows me the next: the first seconds (max boost time) It reaches 93-94 ºC, but later, when it stabilizes, it’s moving between 84 and 87 ºC, and the frequency is between 1.7-1,9Ghz. after 5 minutes temperature reaches 90 ºC. No thermal throttling. after 10 minutes it reaches 93 ºC, and “boom” Thermal throttling appears.

Intalling a heavy update (Windows Update 1 core 100% usage), and with Extreme Tuning Utility open to view temperatures, because of it’s is using only 1 core, it is moving between 2.5 and 2.6Ghz, I  see a peak during 1 second of 96 ºC.

With another stress test, it reaches 1 second 100 ºC, but fastly goes down to 87-90 ºC.

Soon or later it needs a thermal mod IMO.

Dim565
    Participant

Hello! On i7 Book was a big problem with microSD cardreader (https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/problem-with-microsd-card/). Can somebody check this moment (try different cards) on Mix Plus?

fris
    Participant

35-50 fps with shadow of the colossus its a very very good result. Ps2 emulation comes true with this tablet???? Im loosing my mind thinking in the posibility of playing all ps2 games wherever you want…

àrkaikon
    Participant

This night I’ll do more tests, because Final Fantasy XII was around 55-64fps, BUT!! I was testing it with AVX2 instructiones, I tested it with SSE4.1 and it improved to 95-65fps! Maybe It can run SoC 45-60 🙂

fris
    Participant

Please inform about your tests. In my opinion this Is the most powerful tablet pc fanless actually.

Evgen
    Participant

Hello friend! Tell me please what about brightness versus i7 book? Is it brighter, lower or like in it? Sorry for english)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password