Remove Android??

Remove Android??

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Remove Android??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  V铆ctor Cesp贸n 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

I only use windows and I need some more space! I was hopping to use the microSD but i put a Sandisk Extreme there and it’s slow!

So, i need more eMMC space, how do i go about deleting android?!

There’s so many partitions..

I have advanced pc knowledge, but this dual boot things seem different that PC stuff (like GRUB)

Already disabled the Android/windows prompt , using the SWITCH program.

Checkout my youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/c/DanielsStuff

brainvision
    Participant

You have basically two options:

1. Reinstall windows from scratch

2. Use partition manager (or the Windows integrated Disk Manager) to remove android partitions (they have all name like android_SOMETHING) but the only one with significant space used is android_data – and then merge the free space with windows partition using the same programs

Daniel
    Participant

Hi!

Didn’t expect such a quick reply! Thanks!

Here’s what my partition look like in windows and partition manager. They don’t have names…

I guess SYSTEM,no name, Windows,Recovery is what i want to keep?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

brainvision
    Participant

those are android partitions:

/android_boot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
    /android_bootloader -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    /android_bootloader2 -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
    /android_cache -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
    /by-name/android_config -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    /android_data -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
    /android_metadata -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
    /android_misc -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
    /by-name/android_persistent -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    /android_recovery -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    /android_system -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p7

Anyway I jut made a quick search on Google and I found that people suggest to use external program booted from USB instead of using Windows itslef, so I’ll link them to you:

How to delete Android and merge partitions in Windows for more space

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61774590&postcount=140

How to delete android partition and merge it with windows?

Daniel
    Participant

So from your partitions聽 list i changed the partition picture as follows.

Nobody has done this to this exact tablet model? I saw the ones for Chuwi but the partitions are not quite the same!

What can happen if i screw this up? Does the tablet get bricked?

I can always restore the backup i made or install windows from usb device right? Like i can do in any PC? What scares me in this is the OS selection menu!!

Attachments:

brainvision
    Participant

don’t to anything from Windows (or go on reading 馃榾 ), just follow the guides and those programs should have an option to see the name of partition or at least the number. Don’t remove anything of the ones I noted before.

You can remove the option from the boot by simplt launchig SWTCHNow.exe, pressing Cancel and then you should have that option to choose what appears in the bootloader.

In the guides they also say to use Macrium Reflect that backup every single byte of every single partition (and the partition table, indeed) in case ytou need it alter; also there are official dual OS firmwares (both widows both Android included; search for it); last but not least if you are compelted lost in the process you could alwasy download an iso and install windows like on a PC (note that in this case you should lost your legit registration code, not sure here but it could happens).

Firmwares available when I did stuff on mine were: i15-T, i15-TD (mine is i115-TCL but alwasy used TD because iot’s the same hardware): search if someone provided your firmwares but if you backup with Macrium Reflect and store partition img file somewhere you’re alwasy safe and don’t need nothing else.

Also please note that if you are not confortable on starting this process you can simply:

1. delete the 8 GB patition form Windows Disk Manmager
    2. delete 256 MB and 2,5 GB near the 8 GB one (read below)
    3. Create a NTFS/FAT32 partition in that space and assign that partion a letter like D: It would be just lie on a PC you make two partitons one for System one for Data.

Later on with USB GParted or PArtion Manager or what else you could adjust size removinig some space from one and giving to another one.. At the end of the journey the 8 GB is the one with more space; the other with significant sapce is the android_system one that is 2.5 GB.

So, to recap: if you dfon’t want to mess around and don’t need every single MB available you could remove partition 7, 8, 9 – that is the one 2,5 GB, the one direclty to the right and the one to the right again, 8 GB

on the free space available after deleting those 3 partition create a new one, fomrat and assign a number.

Now use it as you prefer or boot up GParted, Partion Manager, Ease from USB and merge to C: or adjust size.. you will lose a few MB of the other partitions but they are not so big.. they are really small I would say. But you’ll stay safe at 100%. Android will not boot 馃榾

EDIT: sorry the post is a little bit confusing but I hope still understandable 馃槈

Attachments:

Daniel
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your help!

I just deleted Android, although i went through a totally different direction!

I used Macrium Reflect Free to create a full disk image, and then used it’s rescue media聽 to restore ONLY the 4 “Windows” partitions , and in the process expanded the C partition.

If anyone wants to go this route i made a video explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6xzFXMWlXI

V铆ctor Cesp贸n
    Participant

You are overcomplicating this a lot.聽 In ANY tablet, if you want to just use Windows, shut down it, boot from a pen-drive, from Windows installation chose advanced installation and DELETE all partitions on the disk.聽 It does not matter what is on the disk, Linux, Android, Windows… just delete all partitions and Windows will create the ones it needs.

This is the best way to make a clean Windows install.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password