Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Javier González
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have a Chuwi VI10Pro and formatting partitions, firstly I installed Android, and while trying to boot a USB drive with Windows, I realized my BIOS wasn’t recognizing the usb, so I went into the BIOS settings and did something stupid, I disabled the usb so now I can’t use the keyboard. Is any way to reset the BIOS without using a keyboard or USB ? Is there any way to reset the BIOS from Android ? I also opened it up and looked for the CMOS battery, but I couldn’t find one.

Actually I can only use Android, but it doesn’t have sound. I would really appreciate a solution.

Thank you for you time!

ImADev
    Participant

What’s the build printed on the bottom left of your tablet?

If you’ve got a 221511 build and can boot to Windows then I’ve already provided a way to easily reset the BIOS. If, however, you can’t boot to Windows then contact Jonathan.

Javier González
    Participant

The printed number is 221511****, but unfortunately I cannot boot into windows because it’s not installed, I can only boot Android. Any idea?

Thanks for the help.

ImADev
    Participant

The printed number is 221511****, but unfortunately I cannot boot into windows because it’s not installed, I can only boot Android. Any idea? Thanks for the help.

Contact Jonathan. He’s not published exactly how to do it yet, but he has a way to reset the BIOS as long as you can get Android booting.

Jonathan
    Participant

Hello all, sorry for not getting to this sooner or documenting/improving my previous hack as I promised, unfortunately real life got in the way…

Javier, have you rooted Android? If not we’ll have to use another technique. Do you happen to know the version of BIOS that you have? The serial on your tablet is different to mine, what processor is in yours please?

ImADev
    Participant

@jonathan
    I believe he’s got a 64GB Vi10 Pro. It’s got the same build number as my own, so my TWRP image will work for him.

His exact BIOS file can be found here.

Huy Nguyen
    Participant

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I can boot in android with no problems. But my windows is corrupted. Can flashing this rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/chuwi-vi10-32-gb/ with Manufacturing Flash Tool while the tablet on dnx mode work?

Gary
    Participant

Maybe someone can check if flashing the bios from Android with Intel FPT works.

Download correct bios.bin; open terminal emulator; run su; /system/bin/fpt-tools-package/FPT -f bios.bin -bios

Jonathan
    Participant

@Huy, I think you’re suggesting flashing Android, if so that won’t do the job. But it is possible to use the tool you mention to boot an image that will fix the issue, I’ve done this before. What BIOS version do you have?

@Gary, if it’s possible to flash BIOS from Android that will get the job done and would be preferable to my solution. I’m not sure if the OP has root however.

@ImADev, thanks for the info. I have a hacked together utility that will get the job done from either Android directly if root is available or through the TWRP system I’ve used before. I’m going to package this up now. I’ll let you have the source if you want but I need to improve it a lot before making it public 😉

Jonathan
    Participant

I’ve uploaded a modified version of TWRP here (now rev 0.1)(password: 2SZl93fh) that should be able to reenable the USB ports on a Chuwi Vi10 that has a J1D_S165C_206 BIOS flashed. The (unfortunately lengthy) instructions are at the end of this post.

Please note, portions of this package were created by someone known as NesquiX and the version of TWRP that works on the Chuwi Vi10 was put together by ImADev. My contribution to the above is just a tiny little 362KB utility and a few lines in a startup file 🙂

You must use this at your own risk, I can’t guarantee it’ll work or that it won’t damage your tablet and neither can anyone else at this site including the owner. I have however, used this on my tablet lots of times and there are a fair few checks in place to prevent use on the wrong tablet (in fact I might need to remove some of them for it to work for you).

You’ll need a PC to connect to your tablet via the micro USB port and 7 Zip to unzip the file I linked to above.

On the PC(maybe tablet) you will use try to fix the Chuwi Vi10:

Disable the need for signed drivers: Hold shift while selecting restart, select Troubleshoot->Advanced->Startup Settings->Restart. Press 7.

Download the above package I’ve provided and unzip it somewhere handy.

Run \driver and flashing tools\ManufacturingFlashTool Setup 6.0.43.exe to install the manufacturing flash tool.

Run \driver and flashing tools\drivers\IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0.exe, follow onscreen instructions.

Run \driver and flashing tools\drivers\iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0.exe, follow instructions. (I’m less than clear on the attach SoC device/power cycle instructions. I just plugged the tablet in and disconnected it a few time while it was in  DNX mode (see below))

Run \driver and flashing tools\rehackforusbdriver.reg

Copy \driver and flashing tools\PLACE_IN_PROGRAM_FILES_INTEL_MFT\CUSTOM_CONFIG.ini to C:\Program Files\Intel\Manufacturing Flash Tool

Reboot.

On your Chuwi Vi10:

Power off your tablet.

Hold the volume button farthest from the power button until you get a boot menu.

Use the volume buttons to select Android, and power to confirm.

Power off your tablet.

Hold the volume button nearest the power button and the power button until you get to DNX mode.

Plug your tablet into your PC that you’ll use to try to fix it and check for the tablet in Device Manager (for me it showed up as Android ADB only).

Make a note of the VID/PID by selecting Properties (Of ADB device in Device Manager), go to Details select Hardware Ids in Property.

Disconnect your tablet.

On your PC run Manufacturing Flash Tool from the desktop.

Select: File->open. Select twrp_boot.xml from the unzipped package.

Select: File->Settings.

Set the SOC devices VID/PID to the numbers you noted above (probably 8087/0A65)

Set the Android devices VID = 8087/PID =09EF if necessary.

Click OK.

Make sure your tablet is in DNX mode and plug it in to your PC.

Wait and see if it boots TWRP, about a minute.

(the progress bar on Intel’s tool won’t go past 66% and will eventually timeout but it doesn’t matter).

With any luck when you restart your Vi10 the USB ports should be working again, if not please post back and I’ll try to find out why (the utility hasn’t had much testing yet).

ImADev
    Participant

@ImADev, thanks for the info. I have a hacked together utility that will get the job done from either Android directly if root is available or through the TWRP system I’ve used before. I’m going to package this up now. I’ll let you have the source if you want but I need to improve it a lot before making it public ?

Sure, I’d like to take a look at it.

Just so you’re aware, there’s two versions of the J1D_S165C_206 BIOS.

BIOS: J1D_S165C_206 (used in the 221511 revision)
    BIOS date: 10/30/2015
    MD5: d1138265c8e2825ddcf70b2e7dae2487

BIOS: J1D_S165C_206 (used in the 221509 and 221510 revisions)
    BIOS date: 09/21/2015
    MD5: e1f93389808e45ae375be9f9d0b8030f

Huy Nguyen
    Participant

I’m running the bios downloaded from this website for the VI10.

Huy Nguyen
    Participant

Nice work! It worked! No problems. Thanks Jono!

Huy Nguyen
    Participant

If I met Jono in real life I would by him a meal(sprinkled with gold)…

Jonathan
    Participant

All, please note I found that some of my compatibility tests were wide of the mark, the above link has been set to a new revision of the package.

@Huy, glad it worked for you. I appreciate the sentiment but gold dust takes months to get out of my beard 🙂

@ImADev, I’ve sent you a link to the source and other notes. Do you have a list of variants of the Vi10s somewhere that you could point me at please? What do you think is the best way to have my utility run with root access and have it’s console output visible to the end user? I’ve been attempting to roll a custom update.zip but I can’t get the signature correct for some reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar