Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Reset BIOS Chuwi VI10Pro no keyboard

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

If you can’t get into BIOS setup by hitting escape repeatedly on the keyboard case or another keyboard(with the keyboard case detached) then I think it’s likely to be a hardware issue. Do you still get a light on your mouse?

Thomas Laurent
    Participant

yes i have light in mouse

Jonathan
    Participant

Which means the power supply is active and the ports are enabled (assuming that the mouse is not self powered).

If it’s a firmware/software issue then I don’t know what it could be.
    If it’s a hardware issue I can think of a number of possible issues but unless you have access to good test equipment and the ability to do SMD rework it probably won’t help to narrow it down.

At the moment I’m out of ideas. Sorry 🙁

Thomas Laurent
    Participant

ok thanks to have try

if i coulnt reinstall windows it is possible to use the 32 go of memory in android ?

Jonathan
    Participant

Yes, you could. It should also be possible to get Windows back.
    But I doubt I’ll be able to help you with this for a day or so.

BTW, please do feel free to look for other USB solutions there could be something obvious I’m missing and I’d be quite happy to be wrong on this…

Thomas Laurent
    Participant

Ok if you have a way to go back windows i am very interesting 🙂

hayley holy
    Participant

Hayley, I’m not sure what is going wrong for you. I have a new deployment system for this fix that might help you and I intend to produce a video guide for it too, however, I’m not ready to release it yet. In the meantime can you please try a different lead and if possible a different computer? Can you also please confirm that you have the Vi10 or Vi10 pro and not the Ultimate or any other model of the Vi10? If possible please post a video of what you’re doing, but if it’s not possible then don’t worry.

Still not working,

I run the bat tool, my tablet is reboot after 25 second countdown, but it reboot to dnx mode again instead of TWRP.

i think my tablet has another issue because i have deleted all android partition and merge it to one partition, because when it boot to android, it shows some message “efi linux error ….. partition… GUID. blablabla in the left top of the android logo ( left top of the screen ). and after that it will automatically go to dnx mode. the message show up about a half second so i can’t give detailed message. thanks for the tool anyway!

Murp
    Participant

Thank you very much Jonathan!

Your TWRP fix brought my usb ports back to life after me flicking the wrong setting in the bios.

Wish i had read this thread before taking the thing apart looking for a clrcmos jumper.

I owe you a beer or two mate, cheers!

Ade Prince
    Participant

Hello house! Please I need a guide on how to install a fresh windows on my Vi10 pro and can I make use of normal pc windows installation iso file? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, you could. It should also be possible to get Windows back. But I doubt I’ll be able to help you with this for a day or so. BTW, please do feel free to look for other USB solutions there could be something obvious I’m missing and I’d be quite happy to be wrong on this…

Dang, I messed up my 64G with 221504. Maybe G1D_S165_206 is too high and I needed G1D_S165_205 ?

It all went south when trying to install the wrong drivers from Win10. Then windows got into a bootloop with no USBs working.

I can get into DnX mode, flash Android and root it, but Android doesn’t recognize any USB keyboard either (OTG or the regular A).

Without a keyboard (no USB nor Dock works) I can’t select any other boot device to reflash bios/windows.

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to flash bios from Android, but even @Garry command from first page is failing with: fparts.txt is missing.

Any help would be thoroughly appreciated! Thank you.

–Update 1–

Managed to flash _205 bios using @Jonathan ‘s script posted earlier: link

After running his Vi10_32G_Pro_SetupFixer again, I got the log files below (non [1] versions), USB still not working. Note.. the setup never mentions 205 bios as supported.

I wonder if anyone has some Windows image I could flash via android/cwm recovery/fastboot?

— Update 2 —

Downloaded a Macrium Reflect image from 4pad.ru, restored it to a .vhd file, then qemu-img converted it to a raw .img which I dd from sd to mmcblk0.

Upgraded back to G1D_S165_206, tried rerunning the bios var fixer, now I have Android and Windows in Russian, but still no USB.

Leserti
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve probably messed up more than enyone. So I’ve disabled USB via bios, I can only boot to windows(android is not installed), but I have no touch in windows becouse of corrupted drivers. I can boot to DNX mode by selecting android logo from operation system selection menu, but my PC can’t see tablet in DNX mode. I think that is probaby becouse it doesn’t have android installed and it always boots into windows. Is there any solution for me? Can I somehow flash manually bios?

Please help @jonathan

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar