Root & TWRP for Teclast X98 Plus II C2D4 & C2D6

Root & TWRP for Teclast X98 Plus II C2D4 & C2D6

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Root & TWRP for Teclast X98 Plus II C2D4 & C2D6

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    mooms
    Participant

Previous thread have vanished when I tried to edit the first post (this forum is very buggy imo), so here i a new one:

Hi, with the help of kalijo, I have made an archive to install TWRP and root your X98 Plus II model C2D4. Not personally tested on other models, but reported to works on C2D6 and CDE3.

You will need an USB mouse to navigate in TWRP.
    Instructions are in the archive.
    With v1.2, I’ve added instructions to save the original boot and recovery images, but this will only works with new install, not upgrade.

Download link
    MD5: 8634eb14ed5add0c573649aba383daa7.

Version 1.2:
    – Added commands to backup boot and recovery images
    – Updated SuperSU to v2.79

Version 1.1:
    – Updated SuperSU to v2.78
    – Added some infos in this file

Version 1.0:
    – Initial release

johng
    Participant

Hi

I can’t work out for the life of me how he’s assigned the device a letter drive, because you need that to open command prompt for the android device
    [as it is, android devices now have MTP (media trasfer protocol) or PTP (photo transfer protocol) which are more basic, but cleaner ways for the computer to interact with the android device what we need is for USB Mass Storage, which basically treats the device like a USB, and therefore assigns the device a letter drive, and treats it as a normal harddrive unit  without the letter drive, we can’t open command prompt, and can’t go any further with rooting the device I’ve spent a few hours trying to get it but for the life of me I can’t work out what to do

Thanks in advance !

mooms
    Participant

You need to open a command prompt in the folder where is uncompressed the archive, its should be on your PC, not on the tablet.

Have you enabled USB debugging in developer options in the tablet ?

Just read carefully the instructions of the readme file.

eGuru
    Participant

Thanks mooms and kalijo.

This worked fine for my C2D4 – Firmware 1.05 – 56GB partitioned to Android only.

I used Windows 10 for the install and didn’t face any issues.

Your _readme.txt was an excellent guide.

I added some notes to remind me of some nuances the next time I need to do this.

The modified file is attached for anyone who might be interested.

Regards,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Pawel
    Participant

Will this work on model C2D6 DualBoot ?

Roadams
    Participant

Thanks,

It works fine for me with win10 and C2D6. I’ve entered the command “adb root” to have permissions.

mooms
    Participant

Updated to v1.2

Gustavo
    Participant

I can’t get this to work on my C2D6, when i install the TWRP, the recovery mode gets black screen, any solution?

Peter

Hello,

is there a possibility to use Win7 on Parallels Desktop (Mac) to use adb? i tried a lot and a lot of how-to´s, but i can´t get a connection to my tablet.

when plugging in the tablet via usb, nothing happens. i think, that is already wrong? 🙂

Alternate would be adb to be used on mac?!

thanks!

Peter

eGuru
    Participant

Hello, is there a possibility to use Win7 on Parallels Desktop (Mac) to use adb? i tried a lot and a lot of how-to´s, but i can´t get a connection to my tablet. when plugging in the tablet via usb, nothing happens. i think, that is already wrong? ? Alternate would be adb to be used on mac?! thanks! Peter

Are you using the charging cable or the OTG cable?

Jaime Llera Llera
    Participant

Hello everyone and thanks for working on the tablet x98 plus ii.I have been impossible to do root on the tablet, I download the files, install the drivers, copy your internal memory without problem but then you can not follow me you can lend a hand?

Jaime Llera Llera
    Participant

Como abro la ventana de comandos? Cuando intento abrir adb o fastboot carga un monton de cosas pero no se queda la ventana de comandos abierta para escribir…….Que hago mal? He hecho root en muchos telefonos pero aqui se me escapa algo.Gracias

Jaime Llera Llera
    Participant

How do I open the command window? When I try to open adb or fastboot loads a lot of things but I do not get the command window open to write ……. What do I do wrong? I’ve done root on many phones but here something escapes me. Thanks

eGuru
    Participant

Are you opening a command prompt (as admin) and then navigating to the directory where you have the adb and fastboot commands and the files you want to use before issuing any adb command?

What is your error message?

Jaime Llera Llera
    Participant

This iss the error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar