Some nice tweaks: boost speaker output by 40% & one hand openning

Some nice tweaks: boost speaker output by 40% & one hand openning

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Some nice tweaks: boost speaker output by 40% & one hand openning

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  k5 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

joe321
    Participant

I discovered that using custom equlizer settings can boost speakers output by 30-40% with  not much noticable distortion. To do this right click on speaker icon in taskbar ->playback devices-> speakers->properties->equlizer->click 3 dots and put all 10 frequency band  to max and save.

Also opening   laptop was pain in the ass for me, because 2 magnets are waay too strong… But if you remove one magnet, it became waaaay easier to open – in fact I can now open laptop using just one hand. Really makes a big difference…

Please post some of your own tweaks if you have any (except already posted TDP tweaks)…

Chris G
    Keymaster

Nice sound tweak. I will have to try that one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Jumper EZBook 3 Pro V4, EZbook 3 Plus, 3L Pro & MSI GL62M 7REX (7700HQ & 1050 TI)
    Currently reviewing: Too much to list

Chris G
    Keymaster

Next tweak could be using Intel GFX settings, in color to remove some of the blue tint on the screen and get a more neutral white instead of that cool white.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Jumper EZBook 3 Pro V4, EZbook 3 Plus, 3L Pro & MSI GL62M 7REX (7700HQ & 1050 TI)
    Currently reviewing: Too much to list

Michael
    Participant

How about simply using f.lux for more neutral colors?

It’s like Apple Nightshift but for Windows and free.

I use 6000K at day and 4000K at night instead of the recommended color temperatures.

Michael
    Participant

If you are really missing the PageUp PageDown Keys, you can use e.g. AutoHotkey to define your own.

Press control and up for Pageup or Press control and down for PageDown

Script:

$^Up::

Send {PgUp}

Return

$^Down::

Send {PgDn}

Return

I would like to use the function key instead of control but I haven’t found it in the Help file for AutoHotKey yet.

Anyway it works.

Norg
    Participant

Thanks for the script. I’ve added a bit to it. Control + Left = Home, Control + Right = End

Script:

$^Up::

Send {PgUp}

Return

$^Down::

Send {PgDn}

Return

$^Right::

Send {END}

Return

$^Left::

Send {HOME}

Return

jazz
    Participant

Thanks for the script, need your help and a couple of questions for NON DIYers-

1. the other 2 critical ones are the ctrl + shift (left shift button) + left or right arrow – Is it possible to add those to the script and post it here? I’m not really a DIY to that extent. I’m wondering why jumper did not include those basic keystrokes or how they could even manage to not include them in the english keyboard setup when any sub $200 laptop has them included on english keyboards, but I digress. Maybe its easy to overlook the basic but critical details such as keystrokes and mouse input when you’Re more focused on hardware specs and design?
    2. Is there any lag when using those scripts when typing? i assume they are not integrated in the OS
    3. On the subject of input, has any better trackpad driver been found? cannot really select anything without frustration, using a big trackball right now but not always practical.
    4. Is there any chance they will put out a bios update to fix these issues? and is there any way to reach jumper support or is it only in chinese?  I looked on the aliexpress page but the contact support link or email dont do anything.

Thanks much

jazz
    Participant

“I discovered that using custom equlizer settings can boost speakers output by 30-40% with  not much noticable distortion. To do this right click on speaker icon in taskbar ->playback devices-> speakers->properties->equlizer->click 3 dots and put all 10 frequency band  to max and save.”

Hi i have ezbook 3 pro, don’t seem to have the 3 … to show the equalizer. What am I missing? thx

George G
    Participant

@jazz:

I had the same problem, missing equalizer. Please see this post: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/audio-driver-not-compatible-jumper-ezbook-3-pro/

I fixed it by reinstalling the driver and changing a setting in the UEFI/BIOS as described in a related post. Tweaking the equalizer significantly improved the sound.

David Stone
    Participant

“I discovered that using custom equlizer settings can boost speakers output by 30-40% with  not much noticable distortion. To do this right click on speaker icon in taskbar ->playback devices-> speakers->properties->equlizer->click 3 dots and put all 10 frequency band  to max and save.”

I don’t see those settings in the v4 version – there is no tab for ‘equilizer’

What am I doing wrong?

George G
    Participant

@david Stone: To fix the missing equalizer, please see this post:

https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/audio-driver-not-compatible-jumper-ezbook-3-pro/

George G
    Participant

Jan Husťák
    Participant

I just removed one of the magnets as @joe321 suggests and while I still can’t open the notebook with one hand, it definitely opens much easier now. The magnet is held in place by some rather weak glue, so it can be removed with a bit of force.

sportnok
    Participant

I removed both magnets, was fine. You can always cut one in half then use a half size piece either side.

k5
    Participant

Please, can someone post some pictures about those magnets and where are they located?

Thx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password