Static Charge Feel When Charging

Static Charge Feel When Charging

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Static Charge Feel When Charging

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Kage Chen 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

Guys, did anyone ezbook pro 3 have static feeling when use while charging. Its chassis feel got static shock when place my arm on it.

Any one got similar issue? Is.my unit consider defective?

Bender23
    Participant

Hey Kira,

I have the exact same problem with the static shocks! I received my ezbook 3 Pro V4 yesterday.

My ezbook also won’t charge at all. It shipped with 78% charge, and when I plug the charger in nothing happens, but I do get the static shocks.

Gearbest did offer to send a new charger, however I tested the charger with a multi-meter (12.18v) so it should be fine. I am still waiting for them to reply. I think my ezbook is defective, not the charger.

Chris G can you please let us know if you have any of these issues with your EZBook?

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

I worry the static shocks is a defect, if yes I want to return back to gearbest assp. Mine can charge, normal usage no issue. But if use while charging the metal chasis will have static shocks when direct contact hand.

Hope more ppl can reply and share their experience.

Bender23
    Participant

Yes it might be a defect due to bad insulation and electrical components coming into contact with the outside of the case.

If anyone has this problem or lack of, please post on this thread to confirm.

Even if you you think your ezbook is perfectly fine, lightly run your hand over the metal chassis when plugged in and you might get a static sensation.

Sx C
    Participant

Not sure if its normal but even my macbook has this problem when i use certain socket. not a electrician but i think it has to do with how the device is grounded. My ezbook 3 pro and plus has this problem as well.

@bender

stupid question but are you sure you plugged it into the charging port? asking because i plugged mine into the earphone jack first time round as well LOL. anyway you can try to see if it will power something like a cpu case fan.

Bender23
    Participant

Haha thanks Sx C you have confirmed my power problem, never had a laptop with the same size charging and headphone port! That was a good question, with my stupid answer.

I’ve had a few metal laptops – XPS, macbook, however I guess they must have all been grounded. I can see this laptop isn’t grounded so maybe it’s just common. The static isn’t the most pleasant feeling though, I probably won’t use it too often when plugged in.

Murat
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>That sounds really bad. I’m kinda disappointed with all these problems of ezbpro. Maybe i should cancel my purchase before shipping :/</p>

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

Seems like there are 3 people have similar issue. It’s not a deal breaker since it battery life is very good.

Hope more owner can reply so we can feel ok about it.

John
    Participant

Mine does this as well, but it’s not enough to bother me. My first gen Macbook Pro did the same thing. I believe it’s an issue with the charger not correctly separating mains power from the DC side. I plan on replacing the charger anyway so I’m okay with it.

Sx C
    Participant

Glad you got it to work bender.

Agree with john that it could be a charger problem as well. just for curiosity sake i tried charging the ezbook 3 with my lapbook 14.1 charger and it doesnt produce the static feeling, not sure if jumper cheap out on the charger or what.

Johannes
    Participant

I got my V4 yesterday and also have this static charge feeling. I would gladly buy another power adapter if I would know what to get.

Jared
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with the laptop or with the charger the reason it does this is because it only has two prongs that go into the wall which means it isn’t earthed its not faulty that’s just how a lot of chargers are made it wont damage the laptop so there’s nothing to worry about but if you want a charger that won’t do that buy one with three prongs on the charger part that goes into the wall socket as two of the prongs are for the ac input and the third is earth.

Replacement Charger

Johannes
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with the laptop or with the charger the reason it does this is because it only has two prongs that go into the wall which means it isn’t earthed its not faulty that’s just how a lot of chargers are made it wont damage the laptop so there’s nothing to worry about but if you want a charger that won’t do that buy one with three prongs on the charger part that goes into the wall socket as two of the prongs are for the ac input and the third is earth. Replacement Charger

Both my Macbook 12″ and my Lenovo had only two prongs and no static feeling whatsoever. Gonna need a longer cord so thanks for the url.

sipart
    Participant

Hi, got my v4 today. I’m in the UK and I get this static feeling with power plugged in – bit disconcerting!

The two pronged power adapter in the pin converter is very loose – think I will buy one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XK9TXBB/

Cheers

John
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with the laptop or with the charger the reason it does this is because it only has two prongs that go into the wall which means it isn’t earthed its not faulty that’s just how a lot of chargers are made it wont damage the laptop so there’s nothing to worry about but if you want a charger that won’t do that buy one with three prongs on the charger part that goes into the wall socket as two of the prongs are for the ac input and the third is earth.

Replacement Charger

That is not entirely correct. The grounding wire would only protect the case of the charger and would not remove leaking AC voltage that is getting to the DC side of the charger/convert. If you took apart a charger with 3 prongs, you would notice that the grounding wire does not actually attach the main circuit board. The grounding wire is also NOT being carried to the laptop itself because the charger only uses 2 wires. It’s possible to set the ground wire a metal insulation of the charging wire, but I’m fairly certain that our cheap chargers do not have this insulation. The charge we are feeling is obviously AC power that is not being properly separated from the DC side.

In other words: It’s a faulty charger.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password