Static Charge Feel When Charging

Static Charge Feel When Charging

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Static Charge Feel When Charging

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Kage Chen 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Murat
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with the laptop or with the charger the reason it does this is because it only has two prongs that go into the wall which means it isn’t earthed its not faulty that’s just how a lot of chargers are made it wont damage the laptop so there’s nothing to worry about but if you want a charger that won’t do that buy one with three prongs on the charger part that goes into the wall socket as two of the prongs are for the ac input and the third is earth. Replacement Charger

jsdfj That is not entirely correct. The grounding wire would only protect the case of the charger and would not remove leaking AC voltage that is getting to the DC side of the charger/convert. If you took apart a charger with 3 prongs, you would notice that the grounding wire does not actually attach the main circuit board. The grounding wire is also NOT being carried to the laptop itself because the charger only uses 2 wires. It’s possible to set the ground wire a metal insulation of the charging wire, but I’m fairly certain that our cheap chargers do not have this insulation. The charge we are filling is obviously AC power that is not being properly separated from the DC side. In other words: It’s a faulty charger.

In long term does this faulty charger affect the life of battery? Damn, i wish i bought xiaomi air instead of this

John
    Participant

In long term does this faulty charger affect the life of battery? Damn, i wish i bought xiaomi air instead of this

I don’t believe so. It’s mildly irritating, but my first generation MacBook Pro had the same issue (with a 3 prong charger) and it’s battery was good nearly 3 years before I decided to replace it.

Sx C
    Participant

I think other than grounding it also has to do with how well the charger is designed, i have this problem with my ezbook 3 pro and plus but weirdly enough the static feeling is not there when i uses my lapbook 14.1 charger.

sipart
    Participant

I bought a new charger and it was delivered today:

Powseed 36W AC Multi Voltage 5V 6V 7.5V 9V 12V 13.5V 15V Power Adapter Supply Switching DC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XK9TXBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MP8ZzbZRJ08WT

And when plugged into the ezbook the static sensation is exactly the same. So not a charger issue must be related to this version of ezbook (assuming this issue is not in any other version?).

John
    Participant

I bought a new charger and it was delivered today:

Powseed 36W AC Multi Voltage 5V 6V 7.5V 9V 12V 13.5V 15V Power Adapter Supply Switching DC

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XK9TXBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MP8ZzbZRJ08WT

And when plugged into the ezbook the static sensation is exactly the same. So not a charger issue must be related to this version of ezbook (assuming this issue is not in any other version?).

Well that’s certainly odd.
    I looked into this happening on the old macbook pros and found this thread at apple:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4087798?tstart=0

Basically it looks like apple was saying it’s a known issue and not a hazard.

sipart
    Participant

Yes similar old post from Dell:

Notebook “Tingle” Sensation: What's Going On?

And I have some old dells and they do have three prong power cords to the transformer while the new one I bought for the ezbook is a two prong ‘figure of 8’ power cord.

Kalle
    Participant

I have his problem aswell. Was the same on my old Cube i7 stylus. I have never experienced this on any other laptop, then again they have all been plastic so that’s probabl why. Still I want to replace my charger, don’t really trust these chinese branded ones. I guess all it needs to do is to output 3A at 12V? If I get one which can supply higher A like 3.6 or 5, will it damage the laptop?

Johannes
    Participant

I got my new power supply but I still have that static feeling. Does anybody know if there is anything I could do to get rid of it? Dont know how to “troubleshoot” the issue.

Chupa
    Participant

and that is exactly one point why I did choose the 3S with a plastic casing. Not only that metal it either cold or warm to the touch but it also is conducts electicity. I have the same problem with everything metal and connected to power. I live in Spain where there is no ground just mains and neutral. Add to that bare feet and I am just the groundig for everything.
    I just got one of these little wireless keyboards with trackpad and the mouse goes crazy when I have my feet on the ground. It acts normal when my feet are insulated (shoes) or of the ground. I feel a very slight static on the trackpad when with naked feet on the ground and this is a device what is just connected via Bluetooth and not a cable.

The tingling you feel is noting to be concerned and not hazardous – EXCEPT you are connected to water (remember the girl what got electricuted in the bathtub while her phone was plugged in and she was texting?).
    So in short: It is normal under certain circumstances and you do not need to worry. If it bugs you, put a plastic foil (sticker) over the area you touch.

The current feels stronger the more you ground it, a carpet, socks, shoes etc. puts up a resistance and you feel less to nothing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

shid
    Participant

Hmm, using my v4 for 2 weeks, no static feeling yet so far. Im using the charger with the 3 pin adapter.

juan
    Participant

no static feel here.

Kage Chen
    Participant

I got mine last week and no static feeling.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password