Teclast F5 spare keyboard

Teclast F5 spare keyboard

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F5 spare keyboard

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  paranoiq 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

paranoiq
    Participant

Does anyone know where in Asia or online I could get spare keyboard (not usb/bluetooth) for Teclast F5? The one in my laptop has 12 keys not working (in 3 vertical rows). Gearbest gave mi 80usd, told to repair it localy because they cant. So far no service in Indonesia had parts, but I’m travelling so I am open for every options right now. Bluetooth keyboard is no go for me

Étienne
    Participant

Good day.. I was trying to respond to you sooner, but I was unable to login.  Amazon has 1 keyboard left https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07L89BKNB/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_GdjHDbY28A18D

Mine gave out a few months ago and it was a nightmare finding a replacement.  I searched for individual keys.. nothing…  keyboards.. nothing.   I finally complained to Gearbest so much the finally sent me a replacement keyboard. (This took well over a month and a half).

The day I received the keyboard from Gearbest I noticed this keyboard on Amazon for sale.  Its been there for a few months…  It looks like the last one I can locate. I hope it helps.

Étienne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

paranoiq
    Participant

Hi Étienne,

Thanks for that. I am currently fighting with Gearbest, but after month or so, they told me laptop cannot be repaired and offered 30usd refund.

I am still trying to find this keyboard with chinese sellers. Found one on Taobao but seller said it is out od stock. Can you tell me what is yours part number (marked on ribbon). Mine is YXT-NB-111. I have found on aliexpress some other YXT-NB-xx keyboards which have same layout but goes with different ribbon cable. I am pretty sure they won’t work and I don’t think soldering this cable is an option…

I will check with this Amazon seller and try to push with Gearbest.

Attachments:

Étienne
    Participant

Ok… I opened up the back of mine and I did not see anything that resembles what you sent me…  I just took off the back cover.. I’m afraid if I dimantle it further, I wont be able to recover..  When gearbest sent me the replacement keyboard I took it to a PC repair shop here in Phoenix that put in in for $5.   If you can tell me how to get to the ribbon, then I know where I’m looking for.  Attached are the pics of when I open mine.

I find it remarkable that Gearbest wont have a replacement dispatched to you..  If they cant locate one, how the heck are we supposed to find one.

The one on Amazon is coming from a drop ship company in China.  Maybe if you contact them via their Amazon link they might give you a discount since its been in their inventory for sometime, unmoved and if you are closer to them than I am.   If not, have Gearbest get it from them..  You need to make them honor their written warranty..  If worse case senerio… ship your back to Gearbest for a full refund and check out those new Bmax Y11 and Bmax Y13, there are on the same line as the F5  but better specs, reviews and much lower price.

Let me know how you would like to proceed?

Étienne

Attachments:

paranoiq
    Participant

From now it’s pretty easy. You just need to disaasemble battery (big black). Unscrew and delicatelty take out connecting cable. Keyboard cable should probably be under some tape – you will recognize it by my earlier pic.

I’ve already wrote to seller asking if he has it and asking for some picture. Will write to Gearbest as well with your suggestions.

This Bmax Y11 looks nice, but what is really difference with F5?

BTW – if I were you I would do some backups. My disk has failed after about 5 months

Étienne
    Participant

Holy Guacamole, I just found pics of the replacement keyboard they sent me.  This is a first that I used my brain. Please let me know if you can make out the numbers, my eyes can’t focus in that well.

If you can’t, I’ll open up my laptop.   So please let me know either way

I had fun with this PC.  I’ve had it over a year, my first budget Chinese tablet.  Great little sucker, but I learned a lot .I’ve had to reformat at least 2 times a month.  I can reinstall a perfect custom OS in 45 mins .

It’s time I upgrade to something with at least 16gb.  Unless you know how to rig this one 😂

Attachments:

paranoiq
    Participant

Yes, this is exactly same I have YXT-NB93-111. I really like this laptop because it is tiny, below 1kg and with 8gb ram which is unusual. If you will find anything with 16gb let me know 😉

On mine I have Linux – works pretty well. But yeah – it can be pain on the ass. Especially with lack of spare parts

paranoiq
    Participant

So the guy from Amazon said he is out of stock..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password