Teclast F7 drivers? Also, some observations about mine.

Teclast F7 drivers? Also, some observations about mine.

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F7 drivers? Also, some observations about mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

So I got the F7 for US$299 from Gearbest (ordered 16/4, shipped 20/4 from China, received 26/4 in Switzerland), and I just wanted to share some observations.

1. There seem to be some changes that have been made since the YouTube reviews were first made. As you can see from the attached photo, the top cover now has a Teclast logo on the top left of the photo (on the bottom right if you were using it and closed the screen), whereas before in the videos it seems that there was no logo.

2. The SSD is indeed a Teclast 128gb SSD, as shown in the attached photo. I have attached the benchmark, but I don’t really know enough to interpret the figures. Maybe someone can tell me?

3. There is indeed an included 2nd screen protector under another screen protector that is supposed to be removed, as you can see from the air bubbles (photo attached). You just have to leave the 2nd screen protector on by carefully removing the 1st screen protector without also pulling off the 2nd one. It’s still sort of glossy-ish, and I think the screen itself is glossy too, from what little I saw when I pulled a bit of the corner.

4. The screen is definitely pulse width modulated, could tell using the finger waving trick.

All in all, I’m pretty satisfied, having used it for a day. No dead pixels, funny thermal issues, no coil whine (as far as I can tell, charging or not), no speaker popping. So, surprisingly, it seems that with the new production batch with the Teclast logo on the cover, they seemed to have solved most of the issues mentioned by users so far! I’m actually pretty impressed.

So now that I’ve told you guys all this, can someone tell me how I install the F7 drivers I found here: https://techtablets.com/wpfb-file/teclast-f7-drivers-dump-rar/

They’re all just .cab files and stuff, and most of the drivers I’ve installed before on other laptops have .exe executables, so I’ve got no idea how to handle these and where to extract them to.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ryan
    Participant

Also, I’m happy to answer any more questions about the model I received.

Tony
    Participant

thanks forma tour impresions and reviews.

I have ordered the same configuration of the Ultrabook and I was scared with the SSD , I was read in forums have mixed storage (64GB eMMC and 64GB SSD) and looks nice speeds.

Have you do a new installation of W10 with the Windows Tools Installation?

Ryan
    Participant

Yes, I formatted the SSD and installed Windows 10 Education (university license) on mine the day I got the F7.

Which is why I need to figure out how to install the drivers, cuz the microSD card reader won’t work without the driver…

Krystian
    Participant

Mine is 1 month old and came with no speakers poping and no coil whine!

No logo on top and 64GB emmc for 219$ and free upgrade to Win10 PRO.

So we can say I have batch v2 and yours could be V3. Unit on video rewiev could be V1. Nice.

I sticked mine M2 SSD inside and I have best of 2 worlds 😉

There`s drivers for you Drivers for Tesclast F7 dropped with powershell from original installation. Use those with Device Manager, those do not have self exe installers.

Mike
    Participant

Ryan,

I received mine today, the same model as yours from GB

Installed windows 10 pro, SD card reader worked without additional drivers.

Device manager is reporting it as a Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

Cheers

Ryan
    Participant

I feel like an idiot now.

It turns out that I’d just been putting in the microSD upside down the whole time! When I tried flipping the MicroSD over (such that the contacts face up), it started reading!

Attachments:
    Mike
    Participant

LOL, What are you getting in terms of power usage?

I didn’t check prior to reinstalling, but my battery usage is pretty crappy after the install. I think we maybe missing some drivers.

Battery bar is reporting a discharge rate of around 11w when it idles.

Krystian
    Participant

Btw your ssd speeds are very good.

About micro SD Care situation I have to say… hahaha at laud.

Ryan
    Participant

@Krystian Thanks for the tip about the drivers btw 😀

@Mike
    I’m getting around 11w to 13w with mixed use,  about 7w to 8w idling on the desktop. I’ve disabled the CPU power limit in the BIOS btw.

Mike
    Participant

Did you watch techtablet’s reviews on youtube? he was getting around 4w in mixed use!

Ryan
    Participant

Not getting anywhere near his battery discharge levels, but honestly, I’m gonna give it a few days of use before trying to judge the battery life. At the moment as I’m typing this on Chrome on the F7, my discharge rate is 8w… it seems like it’s just not very consistent at the moment, so maybe a few days of use will calibrate the battery or something.

Also, I’ve tried getting a battery report using the command line “powercfg /batteryreport” command, and honestly it’s not showing very much compared to when I use the same command on other computers (report attached). Wonder why…

Attachments:
    Mike
    Participant

Cheers for the info.

I’ll also keep an eye out for the battery usage. Let us know how you in the next couple of days.

I haven’t figured out a way to enable the Fn Lock key either, would be great to change brightness/etc without hitting the Fn Key

Ryan
    Participant

Sure will.

As for an Fn Lock key, it’s been bothering me too. I’ve been digging through the BIOS and pressing all sorts of key combinations trying to find something that will let me change brightness etc without needing to hold Fn at the same time, but to no avail. It also seems that no one has figured it out on the Ezbook either.

If there’s really no way to do Fn Lock natively, it might be possible to whip up something with AutoHotkey, but at the moment, I’m too lazy to try…

Chupa
    Participant

looks like you guys are more happy than the guys from the Jumper section with all their problems.

may you have many happy updates.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar