teclast f7 sizzling

teclast f7 sizzling

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops teclast f7 sizzling

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 6 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Enver Can
    Participant

hi, while the Teclast f7 is full of charge and the charger is attached, the sound comes from the laptop. is this normal?

(Sound from the left of the touchpad)

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, I mentioned this in my review as a con, the speakers emit a hissing noise when it’s plugged in at 100% and charging. It’s some type of interference.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

andimu
    Participant

I don´t think the noise comes from the speakes. To me the R22 inductors (3 on the board in total) seem to be the problem.

I´m not completely sure but when you google for coil whine, you will find some references to the R22 inductors.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay the speakers are up to the top there also to me it sounds like them, but you are right it could be coil whine. To me it’s very minor, so a minor annoyance. Don’t think we can fix it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

sportnok
    Participant

Its not the speakers, as has been said its on the main board, I think its 2r2, basically a magnet wrapped with wire that will vibrate given certain circumstances, one suggestion was to put some varnish on the coil to stop movement causing the noise, no idea if you can even get to the coil, but Chris might have an urge to pull things apart :-)..

Chris G
    Keymaster

A new mod to do, when i had mine open I can’t say I saw this at all.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

sportnok
    Participant

A new mod to do, when i had mine open I can’t say I saw this at all.

I guess it would just be some anonymous part you otherwise wouldn’t notice, some have 2r2 wrtten on them, chances are you won’t be able to do anything without damaging something else as they look pretty small, but you never know.

andimu
    Participant

I think the noise comes from one of these parts:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay, so if I do open it up I will check them see if adding some varnish to them will do the trick!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Enver Can
    Participant

Thanks for the replies,

If it does not problem the notebook in the future, it will not be a problem for me.

sportnok
    Participant

I think the varnish needs to be applied to the coil, but you may well find you won’t be able to get to them as its all concealed, think its a bit of a longshot..

Chupa
    Participant

how about a 1 mm thick spongy silicone pad between the copper and the coils?

easy install, easy remove, should muffle them also transfers heat to the copper

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Could do it, but got no reason to open my F7, well only to try fix that noise. But to be honest, doesn’t bother me enough to go digging around in there to fix it!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chupa
    Participant

well an easier way is, go to you local china store and pick up a sizzling pan fridge magnet and put it next to the notebook. problem solved with a smile.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Michi
    Participant

hello, whats now the best solution for the whining parts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password