Teclast F7 won't turn on

Teclast F7 won't turn on

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F7 won't turn on

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Had this laptop for about 4 months, never had any issues. Now it won’t turn on. No response whatsoever.

Only has 64GB eMMC, and ofcourse no recent backup, so really need to get this working.

Please help ……

Thanks

David
    Participant

I disconnected the battery as per suggestions in some other threads., only for a few minutes. Still no go. When pressing the power button for 3-4 seconds the left most status LED flashes blue just once and that’s it. No other status lights. I can’t actually remember what status LEDS and colours normally are.

This laptop is mostly used as a desktop of sorts, with the charger connected all the time. Using the stock charger, from memory the charger used to get a bit warm (not quite sure) but no heat there now,  maybe the charger died and the battery is flat.

The laptop also has a second monitor attached via the micro HDMI port, there’s no activity on that monitor, it goes into standby mode.

This is actually my wife’s laptop and I’m kicking myself for not ensuring she had it backed up. She has one very important assignment on the 64Gb eMMC.

David
    Participant

I’ve disconnected the battery again. When I press the power button I hear a fast clicking noise. If I turn the power off at the power point and then back on the clicking noise stops. This behaviour seems consistent.

With the battery disconnected the red LED power indicator on the side near the HDMI port flashes red continuously. If I turn power off, reconnect battery and then turn power back on the red LED stays hard on for a minute or so, then turns green, indicating battery is fully charged I guess.

I’ve also now tested the charger with a multimeter, it’s outputting 12.33 volts so that looks good to me.

I really would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have. I have a support call in with Geekbuying where I bought it but haven’t heard back from them yet.

I said in an earlier post that this laptop has the charger connected most of the time. Could this have possibly been the cause of the problem.

Chupa
    Participant

not really

but just to be sure, disconnect the battery and use a different charger

your next step would be a good repair shop

for the future have all your documents on a sd or usb card
    I have most programs portable now, in  a case of crash I just put the removable memory into another pc and work as nothing has happened

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

David
    Participant

Has been into the repair shop, they tested what they could, like power coming into the machine etc. They believe its the motherboard. Laptop was only very lightly used, web browsing, word and email, and sat on a desktop for the 4 months it worked.

I do have a charger with interchangeable connectors but it outputs 5v 3A, (the laptop charger is 12v 2A). Do you think it’s worth giving that a try. I don’t think it could cause any damage because voltage is lower.

Very poor outcome with this chinese knockoff. I bought it as an experiment and in that regard I should have been absolutely meticulous with regular backups. I would never buy another one and would recommend same to everyone else. It looks sleek but is basically a rubbish product.

I bought it from geekbuying. I’m going to request a full refund.

David
    Participant

I’ve been back and forth with geekbuying and they won’t replace it, or refund. They will repair it if I return it at my expense, but the warranty does not include the motherboard or the screen which is laughable considering that 98% of the whole kit. Yeah I know, the fine print says this but it wouldn’t have changed my initial decision to buy it anyway. Are all the other resellers Bangood, Gearbest etc all the same by not including screen and motherboard in the warranty?

Rather then dumping it do you thing there’s any chance getting a replacement motherboard, maybe direct from Teclast. Has anyone replaced the mobo on this laptop.

David
    Participant

Anyone?????

Chupa
    Participant

you could  buy the same, switch the defect parts check serial numbers and switch the stickers also, declare dead on arrival send back for full refund.

or you take a baseball bat, go to the field and vent your frustration on this piece of shit.
    or sell it for parts

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

David
    Participant

Piece of shit for sure. Geekbuying warranty is poor, not sure if other chinese resellers are the same. I can accept that and I accept it’s difficult dealing with a warranty from another country. What I can’t accept is that Geekbuying are not willing to assist one single bit. I’m prepared to buy another motherboard at my cost for the part and shipping and installing myself, but they don’t even look like helping. They have simply wiped their hands of it. It’s the kind of service that will eventually catch up with them, I’m hoping.

I’ve tried contacting Teclast for a motherboard but I expect they’re just another chinese fly-by-night tech company as well, so not expecting much there.

And a baseball bat would be too good for this piece of rubbish.

Chupa
    Participant

open it up and send picture from the motherboard and all the inside, maybe there is another way

Need Help?

remy
    Participant

same issue now  ,  any solutions?

David
    Participant

My solution was to buy a genuine laptop from a genuine supplier, and to  never buy one of these chinese rubbish knockoffs ever again. Lesson learned.

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I bought a F7 Plus in 2019 from the Teclast direct store.  Never worked.  After very non technical requests to make a video, they asked me to send it back at my expense.  Paid $114 to ship back.  They refused to accept it, it was sent back to me and I paid another $112 for the trip back.  Still dead.

This product has no support.

Russell
    Participant

Mine died also.

Hopefully my BMAX will be better

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar