Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues and Fixes

Hello everyone!

I now have a Teclast X16 Pro and ran into a few issues after using it some time.
    So I thought I just share those with you. Maybe some of you have similar problems, additions and/or fixes.

Android only:

1. Audio bug/issue:
      Issue:
      Audio quality via headphones with Android is really poor, espeacially with less than 50% volume.
      It sounds like there is some kind of filter applied to it, which cuts down every low section of an audio track.
      This causes a choppy, stuttering sound with the volume going up and down. (hard to describe…)
      Also more silent sounds are even more quiet and highs are very peaky.
      Occurrence:
      e.g opening a YouTube video with a voice and music in the background at 30% volume
      Solution:
      Issue seems to be software related as it works fine with Windows. Let’s hope Teclast will fix this issue.
      Workaround: Try using USB or bluetooth headphones.
    2. Large icons:
      Issue:
      Default density is set to 280, which makes everything on screen very large.
      Occurrence:
      Noticeable on home screen or Play Store
      Solution:
      Change dpi to a lower value; e.g. 200: -> Change dpi without root
    3. Rear camera unusable:
      Issue:
      Rear camera is not focusing at all and is making “click” sounds when using.
      Occurrence:
      Default and third party camera app set to rear camera.
      Solution:
      No fix so far. As before: probably due to a poorly developed rom.
      Update: Zooming actually repairs the auto focus for a little while.

Windows only:

1. Display driver issues:
      Issue:
      Display driver crashes randomly.
      Also mouse freezes in some games.
      Occurrence:
      Crashes every time I run a 3DMark benchmark.
      Trying to play games in native resolution causes weird mouse behaviour.
      Solution:
      Updating the Intel graphics driver may solve this issue.
      Update: Newest intel drivers didn’t fix it for me.
    2. Poor touchscreen responsiveness:
      Issue:
      The touchscreen is not very responsive.
      Occurrence:
      Double-tapping a folder or fast typing is very difficult and sometimes not possible at all.
      Solution:
      Try Phillip Cline’s amazing fix. It works very well!

Both:

1. Touchscreen bug:
      Issue:
      The tablet randomly recognizes multiple touch presses at the screen.
      Occurrence:
      Plug in the power supply and touch and hold at the status bar or navigation bar to get the effect. Or try some different drag and drop gestures.
      Solution:
      I had no issues when powering it with a different adapter (2A).
      Update: Touchscreen also seems to be relatively unresponsive. Probalby a hardware related issue.
    2. Power supply:
      Issue:
      Power plug keeps disconnecting, which stops charging. No charging via USB.
      Occurrence: –
      Solution:A different charger works better for me.
      Also a 2.5mm DC to USB adapter makes charging via USB possible.

Please excuse my english!
    I will try to update this post whenever someone finds a new issue or fix.

Kräm
    Participant

I too have seen these all, plus the following :

1: battery will not  charge to 100% in Windows, typically 92-96%

2: screen angle brightness change is horrible! 3 degrees of rotational change dims screen a lot.

3: USB3 port, only works at USB2 speeds in windows!  Very Disappointing!

4: power connector doesn’t like to stay pushed all the way in, then stops charging

5: weight is heavier then advertised.

6: screen bezels are MUCH larger then advertised!

7: and dealing with Gearbest was one of my worst experiences on the internet purchasing ever!!!!!!!

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Everyone

USB can not be use for charging the device and original power plug is rubbish, it seems tablet made for not durable use, very disappointing.

It will be much appreciated if any one help me how to charge via USB port!!

Regards

Wayne

Wayne
    Participant

Hi every one,

I am new to this forum, I recently bought X16 power . I found android is not properly working (difficulties in touch such as uneasy to  unlock the screen, Chinese app on it, no play store and USB can not be charge the device  .etc) on my brand new tablet. So I think I wrongly installed Chinese Version of Lollipop and set it to factory restore. After all, it change to totally Chinese  Version and no dual boot menu is available. It automatically boot in Android. Anyone can help me?

I found this download http://techtablets.com/teclast-x16-power/downloads/ in this website and have downloaded 4 parts of ISO files and X16 Pro Doubledrivers Dump file.  I got no idea about what to do with these files… Anyone can help me, please?

Steven Seed
    Participant

I guess it’s nice to see I’m not the only one having these issues. I’ve run into the majority of issues others have experienced. My biggest issue, and why I’m going to try and return or sell mine is the touch screen responsiveness. I’ve found that the touch screen doesn’t respond consistently especially when tapping more quickly. It’s more pronouced in Android, but also happens in Windows. I think plugging in the power  adapter helps reduce ths prolem, but it’s still there and anyway who wants to have the tablet plugged in all the time. There’s nothing worse with a tablet than having to tap 2, 3 or 4 times  to get a response.

I also have the annoying issue of the power cable not staying plugged in. A very poor design over all and I wish I had known ahead of time.

Regarding the rear camera focus. I had that problem as well, but some how by zooming in or taking a picture, the focus fixed itself.

Don’t get me started on gearbest.com. They really live up to their name gearWORST. I bought one of these tablets from them, it took over a month to arrive and then the screen was cracked. I’m still waiting for them to respond to my request for a refund. They seem to be ignoring me. I ended up buying a the X16 Pro from someone local who had and extra, but now I’m sorry I did. This is the last time I’ll buy a cheap Chinese tablet. I guess there is a reason they are so cheap.  I got the impression from Chris that these tablets were more usable, but they aren’t good enough for me. The only reason I bought a Chinese tablet was so I could dual boot with Android. I wouln’t mind paying more for a Japanese or Korean tablet if it would dual boot.

Steven Seed
    Participant

By the way, here is a video I made showing the poor touch responsiveness.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0G__9quPhbmOVJZQVBlQ19JSEE/view

Tim
    Participant

Hi Everyone USB can not be use for charging the device and original power plug is rubbish, it seems tablet made for not durable use, very disappointing. It will be much appreciated if any one help me how to charge via USB port!! Regards Wayne

It is not possible to charge the device via micro usb. But maybe it works when using a 2.5mm dc to usb adapter. I already ordered one. So let’s see if it works…

Tim
    Participant

By the way, here is a video I made showing the poor touch responsiveness. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0G__9quPhbmOVJZQVBlQ19JSEE/view

Same issue here…

But I dont really like to send this tablet back because I already paid about 40€ taxes and I dont think I get these back.
    Also shipping to china is not exactly cheap. so I hope Teclast fixes the software related issues especially the headphone bug in android which is definitely a dealbreaker for me. Otherwise the tablet is great: It doesnt look cheap, has android 5.1  and windows installed, a full sized usb, 4g of ram and a (poor yet) big 1080p display. Thats why I try to find solutions for as many problems as possible. I already wrote an email to the teclast support about some of the problems and if we can exspect an update in the near future. no answer yet, but I will update this thread as soon as I get an answer.

Wayne
    Participant

Thanks you very much Tim!

Regards

Wayne

David
    Participant

Play Store, if it is like the X98 Pro, is there.

Look at ALL the icons on every page.

There should be an icon that is a FOLDER. Click on that folder and you should find Google Play Store inside !!!

As far as the factory reset putting the default language of Android into Chinese. Well I did that on the X98, too. You need to find the “Settings” icon (Which should be a gear looking icon), then the icon that has “Language” in it (which should be a circle, kinda like a globe). Once you figure that out you can set it back to English, Language should be the top item on the Language and Input page. It took me a while but I got mine back to English, eventually.

ThereRnoIDs .
    Participant

This is my first Chinese tablet and I’m 50_50 about it.

I’m glad that it is fast and smooth but the software is still buggy and hope it improves.

<b>Android</b>

– Viber/Skype – No sound at all,  even with headphones plugged in but the microphone works fine.

<i>Workaround – You can ‘cast screen’ from the notification bar to a tv then make a call and sound will work. </i>

– Cast screen – still too laggy to watch videos and my weaker phones work better. No fix, I tried other apps and inside Windows too no good.

– App Crash – some apps don’t work at all,  installs fine but when you try to open it,  it will crash.

– Sometime the power button doesn’t turn on the tablet too. Battery is full but just won’t turn on but have to keep trying and eventually it works. Button is not faulty because it always works when turned on but sometime not work when turned off.

powerdedo
    Participant

as an engineer i will definitely reinstall proper windows. we have tested x16 Power with stock dual rom, and then formatted everything and installed only windows pro. and in fact all bugs and issues just gone. working 12 hours without charging in eco mode. i would say nice hardware design.
    so it only the software team just screwed everything. they made such a terrible software customization.
    but the only problem left with charging adapter and plug, it is so fragile and dodgy. you can easily break it. but it can be fixed later, we found it can be easily re-soldered to microUSB socket instead of that pin charger. also there is no led indicator to see power-on/sleep/charging.

Tim
    Participant

as an engineer i will definitely reinstall proper windows. we have tested x16 Power with stock dual rom, and then formatted everything and installed only windows pro. and in fact all bugs and issues just gone. working 12 hours without charging in eco mode. i would say nice hardware design. so it only the software team just screwed everything. they made such a terrible software customization. but the only problem left with charging adapter and plug, it is so fragile and dodgy. you can easily break it. but it can be fixed later, we found it can be easily re-soldered to microUSB socket instead of that pin charger. also there is no led indicator to see power-on/sleep/charging.

Good to hear! What about the touchscreen? Are these touchscreen issues gone? And is it now more responsive than before?

Tim
    Participant

I tried using a USB to 2.5mm DC adapter and it works fine so far. It stays in place without falling of. And it even works with a power bank! So I definitely recommend buying a new charger or DC to USB adapter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just ordered one of these. search on ebay for “2.5mm power plug usb” if the URL below doesn’t work.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1312.R3.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=2.5mm+power+plug+usb&_sacat=0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password