Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Teclast X16 Pro / Power – Common Issues & Fixes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    HolloH
    Participant

im  glad i didnt order my x16power on gearbest. I did on ali express after searching  for the best shop and all went great. And ali has now a better buyer protection system than ebay to my mind it was an easy choice. For info some ali shops are linked directly by the official Teclast website, if u guys stills dont trust ali

Anyways im mostly  disapointed by 2 things after 15 day of use:

by the screen quality, even if its a fairly good IPS screen the glass quality makes the diming effect as noticed before in this  thread.

By the touchscreen responsivness. I ordered this  tablet for  the stylus (waiting for reception)  and I hope it works smoother than with finger. Scrolling in win  10 is lame, and SwiftKey keyboard on android is even worse,u really gota push hard the keys and its not so comfortable. I hope for a software fix for this matter.

Also i ordered another charging adapter, because the default one with chinese plug +eu adapter is very annoying.

Im surprised by the complains about sounds in Android cuz i didnt expérience any.

I have had no other issue on android so far thats not linked to lollipop (like no kill app button, can’t custom the buttons action etc.) , i cleaned all the chinese apps and put nova launcher. And its just great to me.oh yeh forgot one big issue : paypal app is not available for this device(typically a chinese device thing)

About the camera :

I noticed that only the os camera app works and all other playstore camera app makes the cam wether stopping or bugging/clicking and then shutting down. Anyway if u expect tablets to be photophones, great scott! Get a dolorean and travel in 2026 😉

Photoshop works good on win 10,and i like the mouse + external keyboard experience on android.

My next aim is to custome this keyboard to fit for me (french azerty)  as its querty. I found some tutorial  and ill post my epxerience when ill be done.

After all im still convinced its a great tablet that offers good dual  experience in any situation, which is very valuable.

Nevertheless i need a longer experience to be more objective.

life's an hologram.

Tho
    Participant

Just i m french boy sorry  but for the tactile i try sgs screen booster free app in Android and All is good the tactile is like other Samsung or iPad

So have some  problèmes with outlook bug when read email

Steven Seed
    Participant

I tried the sgs screen booster and set it to super optimized but I’m still getting touch misses and often have to tap two or three times. Just typing this message was hard because I had to retype letters about 6 times.

I think I’ll sell this one on eBay and get a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2.

Madhu
    Participant

Hi,

Please let us know if the 2A or 2.5A 5V charger is working. The device spec says 3.5A and so I was wondering. I couldn’t find any meeting the 3.5A spec. Thanks

Arno DUBOIS
    Participant

Hi,

The Amperage is not important for reduced ones (like passing from 3,5A to 2,5 or less). Just be careful when augmenting it, but otherwise, everything should be good, don’t worry with a 2,5A adaptator. You can buy a 3,5A adaptator and solder the right plug for the tablet (a bit DIY but working if made correctly).

Hope to responde to your question,

Arno

Cedric
    Participant

Hi all,

Concerning keyboard I’ve found out that having two languages (FRA & ENG) as parameters was a good way around.

In windows 10, press the win key + space bar to switch from one to the other.

In Android, combination is different : press Fn + space bar.

Other trick : invoke “soft” keyboard to get French accentuated letters (works for both W10 & Android).

My two cents,

Cedric

(French too)

HolloH
    Participant

Hi all, Concerning keyboard I’ve found out that having two languages (FRA & ENG) as parameters was a good way around. In windows 10, press the win key + space bar to switch from one to the other. In Android, combination is different : press Fn + space bar. Other trick : invoke “soft” keyboard to get French accentuated letters (works for both W10 & Android). My two cents, Cedric (French too)

For me its an opportunity to create a personalized keyboard layer, and i have german, frenvh and english in win 10 task bar but its still not smooth like i wish to jump from one to another. On android its also a spare solution to do like u said. My aim is to create a keyboard layer using windows 10 keyboard editing settings. Im working on it but might take time to elaborate a 3 language layer for win 10 + android layer(that could  offer swiftkey ergonomy) AND THEN to stick all this on my teclast keyboard.

life's an hologram.

sunil
    Participant

I HAVE NOT FACED ANY PROBLEM WITH MY HEADPHONES..SOUND IS CRYSTAL CLEAR.

YES THE POWER PLUG KEEP DISCONNECTING IF YOU USING IT…THATS A PROBLEM TECLAST NEED TO FIX.

YES ICONS ARE LITTLE LARGERBUT IT STILL LOOKS GOOD TO ME.

I AM YET TO TEST USB 3 SO CANNOT COMMENT ON THAT.

ITS STILL ONE OF THE BETTER TABLETS AVAILABLE AND THAT TOO A DUAL BOOT.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH GEARBEST WAS SMOOTHER AND I RECIEVED MY PRODUCT WITHIN 6 DAYS.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HolloH
    Participant

one more issue ive found out tonite :

I plugged in my 128GB class 10 SD card while on windows 10 and the tablet recognized it perfectly and the card worked well.

BUT rebooting on android and a notif appeared saying you “the card is empty or the system is not efficient to let android  read the content”

then it asked me to format the card, which i did cuz its an empty card but still didnt recognize it… next step trying with my 64GB card

life's an hologram.

Arno DUBOIS
    Participant

I think you formated it to NTFS (NT File System, wich is Windows’ proprietary file system, and not natively implemented in Android for numerous reasons). Try to format it to FAT32 (it’s the only FS fully compatible with Windows AND Android). Don’t know max size of FAT32 partitions, but you will need to bother with it, unless you don’t use your SD Card in Android or make 2 partitions (for each side).

sunil
    Participant

Yes I am also facing the same issue.I dnt know how to fix this issue too.I think so android side can only recognize FAT 32 file.

Pleae chris help us to get out of problem.

HolloH
    Participant

I think you formated it to NTFS (NT File System, wich is Windows’ proprietary file system, and not natively implemented in Android for numerous reasons). Try to format it to FAT32 (it’s the only FS fully compatible with Windows AND Android). Don’t know max size of FAT32 partitions, but you will need to bother with it, unless you don’t use your SD Card in Android or make 2 partitions (for each side).

thing is i formated the FT card as android asked me so should be the format android works with no? Anyway i put the 64GB FT card from my galaxy note 4 in the X16 and it worked perfectly and now i have 128 the for pictures and so on, on my phone.

ofcourse the inverse woulda be better but i doubt android can take more than 64GB anyway with this chinese device.

life's an hologram.

Arno DUBOIS
    Participant

Think Android didn’t expected so much capacity but formated the whole card. Windows cannot read enormous FAT32 partitions. Try to cut down your card in two with a partition manager (the one is Windows works well for basic tasks like this) and format it.
    (Or continue with the 64). I think Samsung added compatibility with high capacity Micro SD. OR a bug in the X16 Android version prevent the card from being formated: this can be resolve with any other system/computer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938432.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

ThereRnoIDs .
    Participant

Man… How did voice messenger bug even get past QC…

I tried installing China company Wechat app too and voice chat doesn’t work.

You can record and hear voice messages but can’t use live chat!?

All voice apps unusable…  Viper, Skype, tango, wechat~~~~~~~

When will Teclast release a tempered glass screen protector or firmware update? It’s been out for nearly 2 month with no release x(

I can’t read Chinese or access their news to look

Dracsirk
    Participant

Hi in order to not be limited to stock charger I’ve ordered USB cables which should fit into Teclast (they are for PIPO but were reported to work with X16PRO).
    Just received information that they arrived so I’ll let you know if they work.
    Link:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-USB-Port-Type-A-Male-to-5V-DC2-5×0-7mm-Power-Supply-Plug-Connector-Cable/818965350.html

UPDATE: received and tested – they work great. I can use my Anker wall charge without any issues. free from hassle to remember to have charger with me (I have 5 cables now).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password