Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Korzar
    Participant
    MASSTU
    Participant

Teclast X98 Pro K9C6

USB

http://masstu.com/

I tested is ok

NO WINDOWS KEY  –  RESTORE FACTORY WINDOWS END ANDROIDE

Watch the vidéo

Juha Viheriäkoski
    Participant

i cant install 64bit windows on my K9C6.. with this tutorial.. so whats wrong? it says that windows cant install in those partitions..

Juha Viheriäkoski
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have completed a fresh install of Windows on a K9C6 version, however the dual boot menu still appears. Is there a way to remove the dual boot menu so the tablet always only starts Windows (in my case) ? Thanks Troy Update: Ignore me. Turns out after about 5-6 reboots, the dual boot screen disappears and it just starts up into the primary OS, Windows in my instance.

64bit with windows media tool? do you got any errors when choosing that partition? my K9C6 says that cannot install to that partition.. i tried delete those four partitions.. but still gives that error.

MASSTU
    Participant

Teclast X98 Pro K9C6

I tested is ok

Javier Taboada
    Participant

Hi there

I recently bought this tablet, this is my first one. I want to unistall android from this, but i see some of you having problems with this so just to make sure before doing:

Do i need to preserve any partition?

This doesn’t affect anything form bios? i mean… this is like a x64 pc righ?

if i might want to restore android by any reason, i should be able to do whit the 10 links from mega, right?

any recommendation tip?

Korzar
    Participant

These next steps are the ones to follow to restore the tablet to factory state using Clonezilla (factory state means just like out-of-the-box, with Android and Windows partitions intact).

FIRST STEP
    —————-
    What you have to do is to create a bootable USB drive with Clonezilla (you can use Universal USB Installer to do this, get it here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.6.2.exe) using the *.iso file of Clonezilla that you can download from their official website.

You can also download Tuxboot to download and install the Clonezilla image in one go (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxboot/files/0.8/Windows/tuxboot-0.8.3.exe/download), but I still recommend that you download your own (you will get the latest updates from the Clonezilla page) and use either Universal USB Installer or Tuxboot to create the bootable drive. You don’t need a big USB drive for this. A 4GB one will be enough.

SECOND STEP
    ——————–
    So well, after this process you will end up with a bootable USB drive with clonezilla. Now, after downloading the 10 parts from MEGA, you have to unpack them to A DIFFERENT USB DRIVE and put them in a folder in the root of said drive. For example, if your empty USB drive is letter E:\ the root of the drive should have this structure:

E:\Clonezilla-2015-10-26-TeclastX98ProK9C6\(ALL THE FILES HERE – there are 38 files)

This USB drive containing the backup should have been formatted into NTFS. It could work in FAT32, as Clonezilla splits the files of the backup to avoid problems with large size files, but still, it’s recommended to have the drive NTFS formatted. You will need a 16GB USB drive for this or an external USB hard drive. You can put this files also in a non-empty drive.

THIRD STEP
    —————–
    Now that you have your Clonezilla USB drive and your MEGA files USB drive (or external USB HDD), connect both to an USB hub, and also a keyboard. Then boot into the bios of your tablet and select your Clonezilla USB drive as your boot drive. Clonezilla will boot and, following the menus, will allow you to restore your tablet.

Keep in mind that all data will be lost in this process, as you’re restoring a backup from factory.

I hope you understood all the steps. If you have any doubts, tell me. Sorry again for taking so long to answer.

Cheers.

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

Can anyone help with the installation of Windows 10? I find the option to install from a USB, for the restoration of factory windows (an option on the control panel) ubo a mistake and lost Windows 10, now only I can start in adnroid, I would like to keep android but if not rather have Windows 10, so faavor assistance is urgent.

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

I can not boot my tablet and get to the menu boot, black screen remains only the logo appears when I connect to power, it was suddenly not that happens, help, there are some settings buttons to fix this? (example: volume up + power buttom)?

José Otegui Marin
    Participant

These next steps are the ones to follow to restore the tablet to factory state using Clonezilla (factory state means just like out-of-the-box, with Android and Windows partitions intact). FIRST STEP —————- What you have to do is to create a bootable USB drive with Clonezilla (you can use Universal USB Installer to do this, get it here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloads/Universal-USB-Installer/Universal-USB-Installer-1.9.6.2.exe) using the *.iso file of Clonezilla that you can download from their official website. You can also download Tuxboot to download and install the Clonezilla image in one go (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tuxboot/files/0.8/Windows/tuxboot-0.8.3.exe/download), but I still recommend that you download your own (you will get the latest updates from the Clonezilla page) and use either Universal USB Installer or Tuxboot to create the bootable drive. You don’t need a big USB drive for this. A 4GB one will be enough. SECOND STEP ——————– So well, after this process you will end up with a bootable USB drive with clonezilla. Now, after downloading the 10 parts from MEGA, you have to unpack them to A DIFFERENT USB DRIVE and put them in a folder in the root of said drive. For example, if your empty USB drive is letter E:\ the root of the drive should have this structure: E:\Clonezilla-2015-10-26-TeclastX98ProK9C6\(ALL THE FILES HERE – there are 38 files) This USB drive containing the backup should have been formatted into NTFS. It could work in FAT32, as Clonezilla splits the files of the backup to avoid problems with large size files, but still, it’s recommended to have the drive NTFS formatted. You will need a 16GB USB drive for this or an external USB hard drive. You can put this files also in a non-empty drive. THIRD STEP —————– Now that you have your Clonezilla USB drive and your MEGA files USB drive (or external USB HDD), connect both to an USB hub, and also a keyboard. Then boot into the bios of your tablet and select your Clonezilla USB drive as your boot drive. Clonezilla will boot and, following the menus, will allow you to restore your tablet. Keep in mind that all data will be lost in this process, as you’re restoring a backup from factory. I hope you understood all the steps. If you have any doubts, tell me. Sorry again for taking so long to answer. Cheers.

Hi Korzar, please explain how to reboot the tablet menu Clonezilla, not to do at the time, they appear many choices and none is restoring the factory, please help,

MASSTU
    Participant

Restauration d’usine Teclast X98 Pro K9C6

Je l’ai testé et ma tablette est réparée et elle fonctionne à nouveau et parfaitement.

Pas besoin d’acheter Windows ou une clef  :

On retrouve le Windows d’origine avec la clef constructeur.

Il faut juste restaurer Androïde puis connecter la USB .

La restauration faite je m’aperçois que toutes les informations trouvées ici étaient pour la plupart erronées, et pour cette raison je vous conseil de vous diriger sur http://masstu.com/ qui devrait prochainement mettre en ligne des vidéos, ainsi que toutes les informations qui mon été transmissent pas mail et qui m’ont permis de retrouver une tablette fonctionnelle et je vous conseille de faire comme moi en un clic sur contact via leur site pour toutes questions car les raiponces du technicien sont rapides.

Google traduction for Anglais

On masstu.com
    you can get a USB key restor total Teclast K9C6
    More simple
    and functional
    No need to buy Windows

MASSTU
    Participant

Teclast X98 Pro K9C6

I tested is ok

PathFinder
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the same but there are so many options to choose and i wasn’t able to get this done, can some post a tutorial please!

pw
    Participant

I have successfully re-imaged my X98 Pro several times and here’s some things I ran into:

I first downloaded the latest Win10 version 1511 from Microsoft via the “media creation tool” from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (note you don’t pick a version anymore – it’s just “Windows 10” and the OS automatically loads the “Home” version with no key needed)

This was important as Microsoft automatically layers the new version over the old via Update – and that’s bad.

I then used the “Win 7 DVD creator” tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

to create a bootable USB image.

Ensure the device is fully charged.

Connecting a USB hub with a mouse, keyboard, and the USB image (note the drive letter before continuing) I used Advanced Recovery options to boot to Command Line Recovery (from the factory image – /All Settings / Update and Security/ Recovery / Advanced Recovery / (auto restart) /Troubleshoot / Command Line)

Change directories back to X:\ then type in D:\setup.exe (if your USB is “D”) – this boots into full setup (though you may need a magnifying glass)

I tried install several different ways, and the Command Line method is the only one that worked flawlessly for me.

Set up via “Custom” install. When you get to the partition options, if you want to keep Android, Windows is on the 3 partitions at the bottom of the list just above “Recovery” (on mine – should be the same for all). There is also another 100mb “System” partition further up that one can delete – but make sure you know what folders Windows creates on a new install so you don’t delete the wrong one. I deleted the four Windows related partitions, created a new one with setup (primary and 3 system) and installed fresh with no problems. You can also just install over the 23 GB “primary” partition without deleting or formatting anything, but I always like to let a new operating system create its own partitions (primarily for the system and MSR partitions content).

I then decided I didn’t want Android so I re-did the above steps, deleted all partitions, and created new Windows only partitions with setup. This also worked no problem, and is functioning very well. I always do installations offline.

Install the drivers before connecting or updating – I first ran the “.bat” file from the Teclast pack (copied onto a different USB drive inserted into the hub after Windows install finished). Note: I found the Teclast Driver Pack does not contain the driver for the camera sensor ov5648. It is only in the “Driver Double” pack. I just unzipped that and added the ov5648 driver folder to the Teclast pack and installed via driver update from the Device Manager. One could also utilize Driver Double initially, though there are other content differences.  You also need to go to the “camera fix” post and get that to ensure the cameras function properly.

After ensuring all drivers were present (no “unknown devices”) I manually updated the Display Adapter first (online, “Automatically Search” through Device Manager) as there is a new version (20) that Windows Update will not load. Then I ran Windows Update. I always reboot after SW changes even if not prompted. I do still get the dual-boot menu – the BIOS is not “remembering” my “boot directly to windows” selection, but hopefully that will change as the post above indicated.

Optionally, I then ran Driver Booster to check my driver versions, and almost all needed updating. Windows does not do this automatically via update (properly anyway).

Then tutto bene!

I don’t know how it relates to general performance for others (my evidence is anecdotal), but I always “customize settings” during the Windows installation (not using “Express), and turn off everything. I then extensively configure / uninstall my apps and options to minimize what is running. I don’t use any of the “Metro” apps.  I like the “Autoruns” program from Microsoft Sysinternals to minimize what starts automatically – but you need to understand what you’re doing with that. I also configure the Firewall settings to block connectivity to Windows apps I don’t use or have uninstalled. It is valuable to go through all the Settings, and also through everything on the Control Panel to get things “right”. I find myself using the old-style interfaces to configure events (ie right-click menu, choose System, click on “change advanced settings” and do things for that there). There are some events in Win 10 that are just not available (or impossible to find) in the new All Settings interface.

I re-image all my devices as I’ve never been happy with any initial configuration (Android or Windows), and the above is gleaned from a lot of trial and error and research. I hope the info is helpful. I am amazed by how awesome my X98 Pro is now – makes my 1yr old Onda v102 seem like the stone-age 🙂

Laszlo Jozsef Koles
    Participant

i Everybody! I really need help please!!!
    I just got my X98 Pro few days ago. Tried to update windows but error always or start update but get back to prewious version. So I decided to reinstall windows clean from microsoft (I already downloaded and made USB) but please help me or link me how to install windows but I want to keep mirek rom android as well!! PLEASE! Im new here I really need steps or description how to install or reinstall new Windows and keep Android.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password