Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Teclast X98 Pro (Chinese Edition) How to do a fresh Win 10 install

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    MASSTU
    Participant

On masstu.com
    you can get a USB key restor total Teclast K9C6
    More simple
    and functional
    No need to buy Windows

MASSTU
    Participant

Chaoszwerg
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have completed a fresh install of Windows on a K9C6 version, however the dual boot menu still appears. Is there a way to remove the dual boot menu so the tablet always only starts Windows (in my case) ? Thanks Troy Update: Ignore me. Turns out after about 5-6 reboots, the dual boot screen disappears and it just starts up into the primary OS, Windows in my instance.

64bit with windows media tool? do you got any errors when choosing that partition? my K9C6 says that cannot install to that partition.. i tried delete those four partitions.. but still gives that error.

Same Problem here!

Any solution?

Other question, when i want Android and win10 on my x98 pro and i want to do a fresh install of win10 which partitions i must delete to get a clean win10 Installation?

Chaoszwerg
    Participant

Hi,

what Partition i Need to delete to install Windows 10 new on my Dualboot x98 pro?

thx

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    james
    Participant

I have successfully re-imaged my X98 Pro several times and here’s some things I ran into: I first downloaded the latest Win10 version 1511 from Microsoft via the “media creation tool” from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (note you don’t pick a version anymore – it’s just “Windows 10” and the OS automatically loads the “Home” version with no key needed) This was important as Microsoft automatically layers the new version over the old via Update – and that’s bad. I then used the “Win 7 DVD creator” tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool to create a bootable USB image. Ensure the device is fully charged. Connecting a USB hub with a mouse, keyboard, and the USB image (note the drive letter before continuing) I used Advanced Recovery options to boot to Command Line Recovery (from the factory image – /All Settings / Update and Security/ Recovery / Advanced Recovery / (auto restart) /Troubleshoot / Command Line) Change directories back to X:\ then type in D:\setup.exe (if your USB is “D”) – this boots into full setup (though you may need a magnifying glass) I tried install several different ways, and the Command Line method is the only one that worked flawlessly for me. Set up via “Custom” install. When you get to the partition options, if you want to keep Android, Windows is on the 3 partitions at the bottom of the list just above “Recovery” (on mine – should be the same for all). There is also another 100mb “System” partition further up that one can delete – but make sure you know what folders Windows creates on a new install so you don’t delete the wrong one. I deleted the four Windows related partitions, created a new one with setup (primary and 3 system) and installed fresh with no problems. You can also just install over the 23 GB “primary” partition without deleting or formatting anything, but I always like to let a new operating system create its own partitions (primarily for the system and MSR partitions content). I then decided I didn’t want Android so I re-did the above steps, deleted all partitions, and created new Windows only partitions with setup. This also worked no problem, and is functioning very well. I always do installations offline. Install the drivers before connecting or updating – I first ran the “.bat” file from the Teclast pack (copied onto a different USB drive inserted into the hub after Windows install finished). Note: I found the Teclast Driver Pack does not contain the driver for the camera sensor ov5648. It is only in the “Driver Double” pack. I just unzipped that and added the ov5648 driver folder to the Teclast pack and installed via driver update from the Device Manager. One could also utilize Driver Double initially, though there are other content differences. You also need to go to the “camera fix” post and get that to ensure the cameras function properly. After ensuring all drivers were present (no “unknown devices”) I manually updated the Display Adapter first (online, “Automatically Search” through Device Manager) as there is a new version (20) that Windows Update will not load. Then I ran Windows Update. I always reboot after SW changes even if not prompted. I do still get the dual-boot menu – the BIOS is not “remembering” my “boot directly to windows” selection, but hopefully that will change as the post above indicated. Optionally, I then ran Driver Booster to check my driver versions, and almost all needed updating. Windows does not do this automatically via update (properly anyway). Then tutto bene! I don’t know how it relates to general performance for others (my evidence is anecdotal), but I always “customize settings” during the Windows installation (not using “Express), and turn off everything. I then extensively configure / uninstall my apps and options to minimize what is running. I don’t use any of the “Metro” apps. I like the “Autoruns” program from Microsoft Sysinternals to minimize what starts automatically – but you need to understand what you’re doing with that. I also configure the Firewall settings to block connectivity to Windows apps I don’t use or have uninstalled. It is valuable to go through all the Settings, and also through everything on the Control Panel to get things “right”. I find myself using the old-style interfaces to configure events (ie right-click menu, choose System, click on “change advanced settings” and do things for that there). There are some events in Win 10 that are just not available (or impossible to find) in the new All Settings interface. I re-image all my devices as I’ve never been happy with any initial configuration (Android or Windows), and the above is gleaned from a lot of trial and error and research. I hope the info is helpful. I am amazed by how awesome my X98 Pro is now – makes my 1yr old Onda v102 seem like the stone-age :)<noscript>:)</noscript>

I have an X98 Plus, I  know this is the X98 Pro thread but I thought id  post to see if anyone has any suggestions.  I decided to do as someone else has done and just completely wipe the drives and then do a fresh install, the problem im having is the official drivers for x98 Plus are not fully compatible with the tablet. The Goodix touch screen driver inverts all the touches, ( I have completely re-installed Windows 10 twice and same thing) And the Axis rotation driver makes the screen upside down, if anyone has had this problem and knows  of a fix would really appreciate if you could share how you fixed it

Thank you

Edit : Ok I fixed it ! 🙂 The X98 Pro Windows 10 driver package is all completely compatible with the X98 Plus )  I simply just used the installer that comes with the download folder and it sorted everything ) Any else out there having this problem just use the X98 Pro drivers for the Plus, Sorted :! )

Rolf
    Participant

Thanks Chris ..

I have just done a fresh Windows 10 install from Chinese to Swedish language on my Techlast X98 Pro.
    I follow your instructions above and everything running OK, thanks again ..

Rolf

Rolf
    Participant

Hello there ..
    I have done a succesful clean install of Windows 10, from Chinese to Swedish language on my Techlast X98 Pro.
    Just follow instuctions given in this forum, thanks a lot ..

Rolf

Rolf
    Participant

Just one problem, how do I get Android reboot icon back after reeinstall Windows 10, shown on picture..?

Thanks, Rolf

OK, fixed now, just change tablet mode .. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jan Przeklasa
    Participant

This is my first post so hello to everyone!
    I’m wonder how to boot from USB (from USB hub)? I have only three options, UEFI OS, Windows Boot Manager and Enter Setup. I’ve already done WINPE pendrive with fresh Windows 10 64 bit from Microsoft.
    I have no idea how to boot from USB, please help me.

OK, case closed, I’ve update my UEFI to 1.13 ane everything is fine now 🙂

PathFinder
    Participant

I have the same problem, I don’t see the bootable USB in boot menu options, UEFI is 2.xx, please help.

Todd Carrozzi
    Participant

I’m hoping someone can help me with some drivers.  I got my x98 pro a couple days ago and decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10(and get rid of Android for now).  My mistake was doing all this whilst feverish and thus didn’t get all the drivers together.  So the install went smoothly, and once I connected a USB wifi adapter, I was able to download updates, and get most things working.  I don’t have sound, though, and the touch screen is also not working.  I followed the link to the driver pack hosted here, but I get an error(looks like a bandwidth exceeded message).  Can anyone help me out with the necessary drivers?

Thanks,

Todd

Andriuxa NoMercy
    Participant

That is most useful guide I’ve ever seen, thanks a lot.

After the setup is finished…. great, applause, how about those 14 partitions setup shows you b1*ch?

Toriko
    Participant

I did make a Clonezilla backup of all partitions before starting to mess with the tablet. I just tried to boot into Windows when I got it and saw it worked, so I restarted and booted Clonezilla and copied everything. I can upload it if anyone needs it. If you want to make a copy yourself just make a bootable Clonezilla distro on a USB drive.

Hi. I’d like to begin messing with my x98 (root, win 10 clean etc…). Before that, I’d like to have a copy of the partitions to get my device back if something goes wrong. I tried Clonezilla but it says that it needs 65gb to clone my x98 disk. What am I doing wrong? Can you give me all the steps  to follow for clonezilla? Thank you

M.V.
    Participant

Hey there togehter,

i want to upgrade my windows 10 to the latest anniversary update, but i dont have enough space to update normal. I have to set up windows 10 complete new from the scratch, but i dont want to delete my android.
    I decided to reboot though windows to recovery and install the newest windows with an usb stick.

My question is, which driver package i have to use for this? I have the K9C8 Telcast X98 Pro Dual Boot.

Icon of X98 PRO Driver Win10 Teclast Drivers PackX98 PRO Driver Win10 Teclast Drivers Pack (209.6 MiB)

Icon of X98Pro K9C6 Doubledriver 10-22-2015 X98Pro K9C6 Doubledriver 10-22-2015 (200.9 MiB)

Icon of X98Pro Windows 10 Driver Doubledriver X98Pro Windows 10 Driver Doubledriver (150.2 MiB)

´The dual boot should stay at least.

Davide Marzola
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have completed a fresh install of Windows on a K9C6 version, however the dual boot menu still appears. Is there a way to remove the dual boot menu so the tablet always only starts Windows (in my case) ? Thanks Troy Update: Ignore me. Turns out after about 5-6 reboots, the dual boot screen disappears and it just starts up into the primary OS, Windows in my instance.

Hi, I’d like to make a Windows only fresh installation on my K9C6, BIOS version 1.05. I have found a guide that say it needs to update BIOS version at least to 1.13 version in order make a fresh installation. Is it true? Is it really essential to do this update?

Could you gently help me?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password