The big thread of How-Tos

The big thread of How-Tos

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate The big thread of How-Tos

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

i guess android bootloader and possibly recovery will get damaged in the process. android should still boot but you won’t be able to use fastboot to flash the rom and maybe there could be problems with OTAs too.

vice versa, an OTA could make windows non bootable since windows bootloader will be placed in the 2nd partition, which is android stuff

jetfin
    Participant

Laura, thanks much for this great thread!

I have some good news for all of you, thanks to xda member vampirefo we now have a working custom recovery (TWRP 3.0.2-0)

Worth noting if you intend to flash SuperSU from recovery is that due to unusual moint point of system, the SuperSU script will not properly mount system and it will not actually flash. Before flashing SuperSU you need to manually mount system in TWRP!

I have posted a general step by step for unlocking, flashing modded boot image, flashing TWRP recovery & SuperSU here

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

Jade J. Munkey
    Participant

Yes, great work Laura, and jetfin. I have this bookmarked ready to use when mine arrives.

Laura
    Participant

Laura, thanks much for this great thread! I have some good news for all of you, thanks to xda member vampirefo we now have a working custom recovery (TWRP 3.0.2-0) Worth noting if you intend to flash SuperSU from recovery is that due to unusual moint point of system, the SuperSU script will not properly mount system and it will not actually flash. Before flashing SuperSU you need to manually mount system in TWRP! I have posted a general step by step for unlocking, flashing modded boot image, flashing TWRP recovery & SuperSU here

that’s great but… does that recovery stick? cause the boot.img contains the original one and it’s supposed to re-flash it if it detects a change, so theoretically we should put this in the boot.img…

jetfin
    Participant

that’s great but… does that recovery stick? cause the boot.img contains the original one and it’s supposed to re-flash it if it detects a change, so theoretically we should put this in the boot.img…

Need to rename /system/etc/install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak or delete it. Preferably in TWRP file manager before first boot into android otherwise it will just overwrite with stock recovery. Then it sticks just fine. 🙂

I put detailed instructions here

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

jetfin
    Participant

I’m trying to make a recovery flashable stock deodexed, debloated Android ROM and my main obstacle at this point is not having access to an update-binary compiled for this device (intel).

Does anybody happen to have an official updater zip (OTA or otherwise) for this device??? What I would need is a copy of the update-binary file located in the META-INF folder….

jetfin
    Participant

Does anybody happen to have an official updater zip (OTA or otherwise) for this device??? What I would need is a copy of the update-binary file located in the META-INF folder….

No need, I managed to find one in the meantime. 😀

Jake
    Participant

Does anyone have full drivers in a single zip file.?

I thought we could think about how could we reinstalling fresh window

if its is in any case cube cancel their support line:

Edit: found it from MisterDeery comment

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/touch-and-camera-after-clean-win10-install/#post-32552

Edit2: alternated source for download(i’ve problem with onedrive)

Andrew
    Participant

Many thanks for the thread!

I’m trying to root Android (for now just flashing the modified boot file) and while I’m downloading the big 6GB file, I tried to run CMD as an admin but after entering “fastboot device” (without the quotes) I get a permanent “< waiting for any device >” and I don’t get the device listed.

What to do next? Thanks!

Andrew
    Participant

BTW the tablet is connected to the USB port and the drivers were already installed. And when connecting with Android booted already I see it on Windows Explorer as Portable Device named i15-T.

Thanks

Jade J. Munkey
    Participant

@Andrew – When I rooted android using jetfin’s instructions, Windows needed different drivers when the tablet was in fastboot mode, you may be in a similar scenario. Check this link for details :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/cube-iwork-10-flagship-dual-boot-i15td-t3367954

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks Jade!

I tried those instructions but my device still not detected on my PC neither by adb (only show emulator responses) or by fastboot (doesn’t return anything). I checked that developer options on the tablet were active (OEM unlocking & USB debugging) and then rebooted with same results.
    Otherwise the tablet’s internal and microsd memory can be seen and used in the PC.

BTW winrar reports error on the big rar 6GB file “Cube iwork10 Ultimate(i15-T)dual boot files.rar”. Any way to have a MD5 sum?

Thanks!

Andrew
    Participant

Anyone?

On the command line (CMD run as an administrator):

1- After typing adb devices I get a list of emulator-56nn –about 15 items

2- After typing fastboot devices I get nothing just an immediate return to the command line.

OEM unlocking & USB debugging were active on the tablet

So what else can I do to try to root the tablet?

Thanks!

Laura
    Participant

you’re not following the procedure closely then

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks for the input but maybe fastboot mode is not explained? I mean I see a instruction:

1. boot tablet in fastboot mode (see other section)

But there is no other section where it’s mentioned this fastboot mode (is that the same as DNX mode which is actually mentioned?)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password