The big thread of How-Tos

The big thread of How-Tos

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate The big thread of How-Tos

Tagged: 

• This topic has 84 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Al.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Fernando
    Participant

no, i only download and installed the spanish lenguage on windows nothing more, if i recall correctly, i can make a full factory reset from the tablet it self and maybe that fix my problems?

hydra
    Participant

Hi, i got the same error when i tryed to root mine.

I had to remove sdcard and reboot to fix this.

i seems that otg usb and sd card  msssing with partitions detections.

Wilpe
    Participant

I’m thinking about buying this tablet, but won’t need android.

Is there a how to on how to uninstall/delete android and make it a Windows only tablet?

How buggy is the tablet? I’m asking because I bought a teclast x98 last year, which I bricked while I was trying to flash a new bios.

Thanks for any advice.

Dream Boy
    Participant

nelI15-TL 4-11-2016 6-46-35 PM.zip is the driver package from i15-TL. it’s fixed by hand cause driver double didnt backup everything correctly. it also cointains touchsetting.gt
    iwork10_Ultimate_Root_i15tl.zip is the package for rooting. note that you need the appropriate modified boot.img too
    rootbootT.img is the modified boot.img for i15-T(D) kernel version 3.14.37 built on mar 2 18:22:46 CST 2016
    rootbootTL.img is the modified boot.img for i15-TL kernel version

download link for the above not working. pls help

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

i guess android bootloader and possibly recovery will get damaged in the process. android should still boot but you won’t be able to use fastboot to flash the rom and maybe there could be problems with OTAs too. vice versa, an OTA could make windows non bootable since windows bootloader will be placed in the 2nd partition, which is android stuff

And why would that be, if the last 4 partitions are Windows exclusive? What has Android to do with it? I ignored the guide and just installed Windows, yet, without any problems. If you boot Windows setup you can delete the last 4 partitions directly in the setup and then continue. Windows will then install just into the free space and create a single primary partition. My Android and also the recovery (tested it just a moment ago entering) still work normally. I guess the boot order is this:

bios->partition 1 (efi boot partition, which contains the dual boot loader)->entry windows->MBR->windows start partition

So if you install Windows, it will overwrite just the disk MBR and pointing to the new primary Windows partition. It’s redundant for Android if the MBR gets overwritten. Also redundant because of the extra EFI partition, marked as boot partition in bios. Or am I mistaken here? Any OTA also wont change any of this too.

Pascal Zinken
    Participant

Hi all

PROBLEM here.

I have a Cube iWorks 10 i15-tl

I got into fastboot, flashed the rootbootTL.img file and rebooted.

After selecting the android OS the tablet keeps hanging at bootlogo ???!!!! Tried several times….nothing happens after selecting android. Flashed the image 3 times……not working.

What goes wrong, and how to fix it ? I do not have a backup anymore, because my sd card went dead…..grrrrrrr.

JesDoias
    Participant

How can i calibrate the battery?

JesDoias
    Participant

i guess android bootloader and possibly recovery will get damaged in the process. android should still boot but you won’t be able to use fastboot to flash the rom and maybe there could be problems with OTAs too. vice versa, an OTA could make windows non bootable since windows bootloader will be placed in the 2nd partition, which is android stuff

It looks for me, that the clean install of windows only affects the android system partition (partition #2, ANDROIDIA). Therefore there is no need to restore partition #1 and #3.

I deleted all 4 Windows partitions and then reinstalled windows 10. While installation 3 partitions where created. System #12, microsoft stuff #13 and C: #14. Then i restored both system partitions #2 and #12 from my backup.

I think this is the best way, cause you reduces the chance, that dm-verity triggers, and you dont have to resize partitions etc.

Czaja
    Participant

Has anyone had problems connecting their iWork 10 to Windows through USB? I have no idea what is wrong but when I plug in the tablet to my PC nothing happens. At all. Neither on the tablet nor on the PC. There is no prompt on the tablet to pick a USB mode as if it wasn’t even connected. When I connect my LG Android phone Windows immediately recognizes the device and if I enable USB debugging ADB works fine and my phone is recognized.

I have the v2 version with the USB type-C and crippled memory speed. Is there a chance that USB connection was disabled or even removed from the installation? Any idea how to make it work? Thanks.

Czaja
    Participant

Has anyone had problems connecting their iWork 10 to Windows through USB? I have no idea what is wrong but when I plug in the tablet to my PC nothing happens. At all. Neither on the tablet nor on the PC. There is no prompt on the tablet to pick a USB mode as if it wasn’t even connected. When I connect my LG Android phone Windows immediately recognizes the device and if I enable USB debugging ADB works fine and my phone is recognized.

I have the v2 version with the USB type-C and crippled memory speed. Is there a chance that USB connection was disabled or even removed from the installation? Any idea how to make it work? Thanks.

OK. All works fine actually. For some reason after reading the other Cube 10 thread at this forum I was led to believe that USB-C port is only used to charge the tablet and the micro USB port is for everything else. So initially I didn’t even try using the USB-C port when connecting to the PC but at some point I thought to give it a go. It turned out that’s how it works.

DrBeaker
    Participant

There is something I am missing in this reimage process that is driving me insane.

First off, I have captured a full Reflect Image of my entire system, so can restore it if needed and the flash the Boot.Img file for my Type-C, that I have done successfully a few times during my process..

I followed the OP Method step for step, but did not resize my “c” partition after Win 10 Pro install. I did capture “C” into a Reflect Image file of itself.

I complete a full restore of partitions from my original captured and then Delete Part # 14 (“c” windows) and restore my captured “C” into the space between Part 13 (MSR) and 15 (Recovery). Now the Partition was 47.10GB but the space was only 46.10GB. I used Reflect to do all the restores and Partition Wizard to do the deletes before restore.

This method resulted in my device going to “Recovery” Windows screen then essentially going into Recovery mode, not boot to C. This may be due to the indicated “BCD” requirements, but I could not find a guide on how to correct my BCD, or what to change it to.

I then moved on to the 2nd mentioned method:

I deleted all 4 Windows partitions and then reinstalled windows 10. While installation 3 partitions where created. System #12, microsoft stuff #13 and C: #14. Then i restored both system partitions #2 and #12 from my backup.

I think this is the best way, cause you reduces the chance, that dm-verity triggers, and you dont have to resize partitions etc.

This method caused my device to go into Automatic repair and it would not boot.

I am ok with the Android side as once the proper imaging and boot for Windows 10… Any help would be appreciated, Ive spent days on this and keep coming to same results.

Worst case I can restore Entire image copy and then install boot.img custom to get back to factory, but I would like a Win 10 Clean install… Not the chinese home install with who knows what inside.

Can someone assist me in how to Image Win 10 Pro on this device and restore the proper partitions and what sequence.

Michelle
    Participant

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my cube iWork 10 (i15TD) dual os, build number is i15-T_v1.0_20160302. The tablet is NOT rooted.
    I hope someone can help…
    After I had some problem turning on The tablet I thought restoring to factory settings might help, so I restored the Windows 10, and all went fine. Then I restored the android From factory data-reset all personal data. However, now I can not enter a backup account. In the backup account I see “backing up to debug-only private cache”.
    I tried to google about this issue but couldn’t find nothing except something that fix it with a root.
    Can anyone please help about this issue?

brainvision
    Participant

Hi guys, hi girls!

Cold someone please update the links that are not working from OP? I need this in particular

—-> http://android-serialport-api.googlecode.com/files/android_bootimg_tools.tar.gz

also, in a few previous posts I also read about others links not working anymore..

Thanks a lot, see you

brainvision
    Participant

hey, found my files, the tool is been updated into v2:

—–> https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/android-serialport-api/android_bootimg_tools.tar.gz

<hr />

now, I have the TCL variant, so I’m modifying the boot.img by myself, following steps from OP, but I’m not sure about this one:

4. launch ./unpackbootimg -i -o

launching it exactly like that brings to a segfault error, guess because -i should provide an input file an -o an output one.. in the input I should maybe put the boot.img file, but what about -o?

Could someone please explain me this details? thanks..

brainvision
    Participant

well, at the end of the line, after restoring the TCL Android OS thanks to @Tom, I’ve finally managed to root my device, after manually modifying my boot.img because Cube pushed an update on May and the boot.img provided by @popcorn became old; basically the problem following the steps in OP is that the command to repack the image file has to be different now, because there’s a new version of the tools (I linked up here in my previous post), so we need to launch:

./mkbootimg –kernel boot.img-zImage –ramdisk newramdisk.cpio.gz –cmdline ‘PASTE CONTENT HERE FROM boot.img-cmdline FILE’ -o newboot.img

Please note that — is different from -! Those are two lines: — and this is 1 line: -. Well it seems that the tecthtablets editor here acts weird.. In the command above here you have to use double lines — except in the -o option, but even if I write — in the command it always save as -.. bah

If your i15-TCL tablet is like mine: MODEL: i15-TCL / KERNEL: 3.14.7-x86_64-L1-R517 [email protected] #1 Sat May 7 17:02:18 CST 2016 / BUILD NUMBER: i15-TCL_V1.0_20160507 – you could flash my own modified boot.img downloading here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/50nqtzxxxwrh4zz/rootmod_boot.img (MD5: 53cc4b08b123489e7c73cb013742f35d – please check MD5 before flashing, if you don’t know how search google); To flash go in bootloader mode and use fastboot flash boot rootmod_boot.img

To root the device, finally, there’s no need to reboot Android and launch the root.bat file as suggested in OP. Simply flash the recovery (the custom recovery for T also works for TCL) with fasboot flash recovery your-downloaded-recovery_file.img, boot into recovery, allow modification for system partition, download latest SuperSU flashable zip for recoveries build from here: http://www.supersu.com/download and flash. Reboot Android and it’s done 😉

Once more I would like to thanks @Tom for providing system partitions images, he’s amazing!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password