Thermal mod / TDP increase – viable option for gaming?

Thermal mod / TDP increase – viable option for gaming?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Thermal mod / TDP increase – viable option for gaming?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  niknah 4 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

joegillian
    Participant

Me I cant install utx… I got error message about cant finish to install it. ..

Nait
    Participant

p

I’m running the XTU stress test which is probably multi thread  app.

BTW I have undervolted the CPU by -0.050V in the BIOS not sure if i can go any lower. Any advice on this?

Thank you

Max
    Participant

Hi, Thank you for the info, could you please post some pics of the BIOS as I am very interested in this mod. In the video you mentioned is not very clear as he uses TDP boot mode up instead of nominal which is the default for our laptop. Thank you

I will take some photos soon and explain everything I changed inside my BIOS.

I’m running the XTU stress test which is probably multi thread app. BTW I have undervolted the CPU by -0.050V in the BIOS not sure if i can go any lower. Any advice on this? Thank you

XTU stress test is multi thread, yes. Open XTU and start a stress test for 5 minutes. If your system stays stable, go down another 10mV and so on. The lowest i can go is -70mV for both CPU and GPU but your results may vary.

mister_tb
    Participant

Hi Max, I just received my new F6 Pro yesterday and would like to change BIOS settings and apply the copper plates as it get’s way to hot playing SCII.

I am very interested in your photo’s and explaination about your BIOS changes, can u find the time to upload them? Thanks!!

niknah
    Participant
    If you don’t want to open up the computer at all.  Another way is in windows, go to “edit power plan” > advanced > maxmium >  99%.  This disables turbo mode which heats it up to 100c.
    I used aluminium foil instead of a copper shim.  The benefit is that you can adjust the thickness by folding it up however much you want.
    I put the layers like…
    * CPU
    * Thermal paste
    * Original copper heatsink
    * Original thermal pad(on top of the copper heatsink instead of under it)
    * Aluminium foil folded up, 4 x 30cm foil.
    Mine went from 90-100c down to 55-65c under full load.  Using the 7zip benchmark test to get to full load.
    The screws on the case are shorter on one side.  Make sure you put it all back with the right screws so that it squeezes the copper heatsink onto the cpu.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password