Tips for restoring android+win10 from official images

Tips for restoring android+win10 from official images

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Tips for restoring android+win10 from official images

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

so i just had to basically re-flash the tablet (damn you, clonezilla!) with the stuff that cube released in february (on a side note, the updated version of the images have been taken down by baidu… anybody got a mirror?) and got stuck a couple of times so this info may be useful to somebody.

generally speaking, you want to follow the guide attached here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/single-os-to-dual-os/

Warning: the i15-T(D) windows image is NOT suitable for i15-TL.

but you will need some pieces of information not explained in the guide, specifically:

to make the tablet enter DNX mode properly:

1. go into bios
    2. on the boot tab, make sure QUIET BOOT is ENABLED
    3. shut down the tablet
    4. Press and HOLD volume down, volume up and power.
    5. hold until you see the DNX mode message

when you extract the stuff from the zip, make sure that EVERY directory name is fully cleaned from chinese characters and has the shortest name possible, this is because the intel flash tool will have huge issues with long paths and weird characters and will fail without explanation (even when just trying to install it!)

when you get to the Win10 flashing part, there are 2 CRITICAL things you MUST do or else the procedure will fail everytime and possibly screw up something badly:

1. the USB1 drive you will be creating MUST BE LABELED “Winpe” (without quotes)
    2. in the USB1\Scripts directory you have to edit the file main.cmd and modify (put REM before the lines) or just remove these 2 lines:

@echo select volume “0”>>x:\winpart.txt
      @echo attributes volume set hidden>>x:\winpart.txt

(note that they may be more than 1 occurrence of each, do it to every one of them)

E
    Participant

Hi Laura, what happened with your Windows product key when you did this? Did Windows 10 home activate fine automatically or have you managed to find a proper key?

Laura
    Participant

my unit does not have a product key. simple as that. somebody (gearbest? or the supplier?) put on some dubious 10 pro version preactivated in some way (MAK) which i suspect to be not legit

E
    Participant

OK, good to know. Mine from the Gearbest sale should arrive this week so I guess I’ll probably be in the same boat. Did you contact Gearbest about that or start a Paypal dispute?

Laura
    Participant

i contacted them. they say to wait 2 days for them to come up with a solution. hardly believe they will provide a legit key but we’ll see. i guess we will have to get a legit license on our own

Abady
    Participant

Hi guys,

So I just had to struggle with this today and got me frustrated! I created an image with clonezilla a couple of days ago and formatted the drive, however it didn’t go as planned so I restored the clonezilla image and it screwed up the android partition, it wouldn’t boot! I could go to the recovery and wipe data and factory reset and it still won’t boot. So I decided to just reflash the tablet.

I followed the steps I gathered from here, the word document, and @Daan’s post as much as I can get out of them, However I still get an error when attempting to install windows, and every time it does it screws up the USB2 stick, only to find out by checking out the chinese word document that also the USB2 stick HAS TO BE labeled “WINPE”.

Once I made sure both USB sticks are labeled “WINPE” it worked flawlessly.

Laura
    Participant

check out my thread of how-tos. you will find modified boot.img that can make your clonezilla backup boot android again.

however, the android rom seems to be basically the same between i15-TD and i15-TL so if you’re up and running with that you should be ok. the windows image from i15-TD instead is not really suitable for i15-TL

Abady
    Participant

Yeah I just saw that, great work.

Both android and windows are now up and running thankfully, I have the i15-TD version BTW.

Testcik
    Participant

Now that is something I didn’t think of while attempting to restore Windows. What to do if I have the i15-TL with no backup of the drives. I don’t really care about the activation. Just having the factory way of Windows with the drivers and configuration, as well as the switching system application.

Laura
    Participant

you can find the drivers in the how-tos post. as for the switching application, you can extract it from cube’s install.wim, from the Recovery directory, using something like Dism Gui to easily mount the .wim file

Testcik
    Participant

Are there any differences in images other than the Windows version and it’s activation?

Laura
    Participant

when using the i15-td image on i15-tl the accelerometer doesn’t work (but you can fix that with the procedure i described in the how to) and the microsoft MMC console (ie device manager) gives a weird error when opening and the event viewer does not work. there are possibly more issues, but i didn’t try that long cause i figured it’d be best for me to reinstall my own windows

stasia8954
    Participant

Any video tutorial for this?

stasia8954
    Participant

Hi guys, So I just had to struggle with this today and got me frustrated! I created an image with clonezilla a couple of days ago and formatted the drive, however it didn’t go as planned so I restored the clonezilla image and it screwed up the android partition, it wouldn’t boot! I could go to the recovery and wipe data and factory reset and it still won’t boot. So I decided to just reflash the tablet. I followed the steps I gathered from here, the word document, and @Daan’s post as much as I can get out of them, However I still get an error when attempting to install windows, and every time it does it screws up the USB2 stick, only to find out by checking out the chinese word document that also the USB2 stick HAS TO BE labeled “WINPE”. Once I made sure both USB sticks are labeled “WINPE” it worked flawlessly.

well, thanks for the usefully tip. it took  me hours on finding an answer for this question.

Jake
    Participant

https://mega.co.nz/#!VUdHFR5Z!GYsJMyJlOoIZ0f7bOELXw1ZChkeYE-YT1P6HA91x5Yo
    vb script for window product key viewing and save

or put these code into notpad then save it as *.vbs

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Option Explicit

Dim objshell,path,DigitalID, Result
    Set objshell = CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
    ‘Set registry key path
    Path = “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\”
    ‘Registry key value
    DigitalID = objshell.RegRead(Path & “DigitalProductId”)
    Dim ProductName,ProductID,ProductKey,ProductData
    ‘Get ProductName, ProductID, ProductKey
    ProductName = “Product Name: ” & objshell.RegRead(Path & “ProductName”)
    ProductID = “Product ID: ” & objshell.RegRead(Path & “ProductID”)
    ProductKey = “Installed Key: ” & ConvertToKey(DigitalID)
    ProductData = ProductName  & vbNewLine & ProductID  & vbNewLine & ProductKey
    ‘Show messbox if save to a file
    If vbYes = MsgBox(ProductData  & vblf & vblf & “Save to a file?”, vbYesNo + vbQuestion, “BackUp Windows Key Information”) then
    Save ProductData
    End If

‘Convert binary to chars
    Function ConvertToKey(Key)
    Const KeyOffset = 52
    Dim isWin8, Maps, i, j, Current, KeyOutput, Last, keypart1, insert
    ‘Check if OS is Windows 8
    isWin8 = (Key(66) \ 6) And 1
    Key(66) = (Key(66) And &HF7) Or ((isWin8 And 2) * 4)
    i = 24
    Maps = “BCDFGHJKMPQRTVWXY2346789”
    Do
    Current= 0
    j = 14
    Do
    Current = Current* 256
    Current = Key(j + KeyOffset) + Current
    Key(j + KeyOffset) = (Current \ 24)
    Current=Current Mod 24
    j = j -1
    Loop While j >= 0
    i = i -1
    KeyOutput = Mid(Maps,Current+ 1, 1) & KeyOutput
    Last = Current
    Loop While i >= 0
    keypart1 = Mid(KeyOutput, 2, Last)
    insert = “N”
    KeyOutput = Replace(KeyOutput, keypart1, keypart1 & insert, 2, 1, 0)
    If Last = 0 Then KeyOutput = insert & KeyOutput
    ConvertToKey = Mid(KeyOutput, 1, 5) & “-” & Mid(KeyOutput, 6, 5) & “-” & Mid(KeyOutput, 11, 5) & “-” & Mid(KeyOutput, 16, 5) & “-” & Mid(KeyOutput, 21, 5)

End Function
    ‘Save data to a file
    Function Save(Data)
    Dim fso, fName, txt,objshell,UserName
    Set objshell = CreateObject(“wscript.shell”)
    ‘Get current user name
    UserName = objshell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(“%UserName%”)
    ‘Create a text file on desktop
    fName = “C:\Users\” & UserName & “\Desktop\WindowsKeyInfo.txt”
    Set fso = CreateObject(“Scripting.FileSystemObject”)
    Set txt = fso.CreateTextFile(fName)
    txt.Writeline Data
    txt.Close
    End Function

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password