Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Unbrick Teclast X98 Pro BIOS USB Flash

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    ImADev
    Participant

I have it clear . The link is down . You can upload the files? Thank you very much for your help.

Try the link again. It was missing the “l” on the end.

Scroll down to just above the comments and you’ll see the RAR files.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the battery is OK because the light of pendrive light on. The bios is the correct version. Probably I killed the bios with a 3.3 V adapter… Maybe with a new chip turn on

ImADev
    Participant

Try reading and writing to the chip again. If it works then then chips still good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can read and write the chip, but when I pulse detecte in the program it doesn’t detect the model of the chip but I can see other information. And when I disconnect the tablet and I try to turn on, it’s doesn’t.

bubu
    Participant

I have it clear . The link is down . You can upload the files? Thank you very much for your help.

Try the link again. It was missing the “l” on the end. Scroll down to just above the comments and you’ll see the RAR files.

Thank you very much , now I do. I’ve already downloaded.

Andre
    Participant

Can anyone confirm if it’s fine to flash at 3.3v? Because I intend to flash with a raspberry pi, which had pins that output at 3.3v or 5v. Some user on xda says it’s fine. What do you think?

ImADev
    Participant

Can anyone confirm if it’s fine to flash at 3.3v? Because I intend to flash with a raspberry pi, which had pins that output at 3.3v or 5v. Some user on xda says it’s fine. What do you think?

It can be done, but it comes with a risk as it’s not the intended voltage.

When I fixed one of these I wanted to play it safe as I’m good with the software side of things, but I’d hate to have to replace the chip on a tablet.

hevitikku
    Participant

You can always make a voltage divider out of resistors to lower the voltage.

Andre
    Participant

It can be done, but it comes with a risk as it’s not the intended voltage. When I fixed one of these I wanted to play it safe as I’m good with the software side of things, but I’d hate to have to replace the chip on a tablet.

How did you end up down converting to 1.8v, if you don’t mind me asking?

ImADev
    Participant

How did you end up down converting to 1.8v, if you don’t mind me asking?

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/unbrick-x98-pro-bios-usb-flash/page/2/#post-22477
    http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/unbrick-x98-pro-bios-usb-flash/page/2/#post-25663

I linked to the parts and you can see what it looks like when it’s assembled. It works perfectly.

timothy putnam
    Participant

Hi. I need a little help. teclast x9 pro K96c first time flashing a bios. I used this bios file ( K9C3_BIOS_V100_Windows_10_ONLY_VERSION) everything went well. Now the tablet comes on but is stuck at the red teclast screen(now in Chinese). There is a small keyboard located at the bottom and I have tried all keys/external keyboard.  Still cant get into bios no matter what I do.

V4Vendetta
    Participant

Hi Guys,

My x98 pro discharged because I didn’t use it for couple of days. Last time I remember I left it in windows mode.

Now when I power up the tablet it shows battery low and switches off. When I put it on charging and switch it on, after the Teclast logo it shows battery charging (in green) then switches off. I left it for charging over night and it still does the same. So, I opened up the tablet and measured the battery. The battery measures 3.74V (checked it with two different voltmeters). It is not battery which is faulty. I think it is the software.

I cannot think of any other solution but to flash it externally.  I have bought the following and waiting for them to arrive.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-8V-adapter-for-Iphone-or-motherboard-1-8V-SPI-Flash-SOP8-DIP8-W25-MX25-can/32523880554.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-SOIC8-SOP8-Test-Clip-For-EEPROM-93CXX-25CXX-24CXX-in-circuit-programming-on-USB/32615695219.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-1pcs-CH341A-24-25-Series-EEPROM-Flash-BIOS-USB-Programmer-with-Software-Driver/32521588220.html

If anyone else has any other suggestion, please let me know. Appreciate people helping out each other on this forum. Keep up the good work.

V

V4Vendetta
    Participant

I read some where on the forum to try the following

1. power the tablet with down volume key pressed.
    2. connect a wired keyboard to the tablet using otg connector and press F7 on power up
    3. press the power key for 30-50 sec for reset.

Not sure if it will work but worth a try.

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

I recovered my X98 PLUS (not Pro) with a 3.3V programmer. Worked fine.

First, I used a 1.8 / 3.3V level shifter but didn’t work. So, finally I went with 3.3V directly and worked. But there is a risk of damaging your BIOS chip, of course

There is a post en x98-plus forums about it.

dion
    Participant

Second day of owning the tab and i managed to brick it.. Apparently updating device firmware through windows device manager was not a good idea(don’t do this, that’s how i ended up in this situation). The tab does not react to any type of button presses/combos. Ordered the clip and programmer, hope the will ship fast and that flashing fixes it. Edit: Okay, took me a while to get everything to work but i managed to reflash the bios chip using arduino duemilanove/serprog/flashrom. I used 1K and 2.2K resistors to get arduinos logic levels within spec. The tablet works now as it should.

Hello. One question.

Did you have any problems using Flashrom with Gigadevice Chip that came with X98 Pro? had to solder pins to bios-chip

Since I didn’t have luck with the clip I have decided to use my old cables, solder pins to bios-chip directly just the way you did. But I have left Pin 3 und Pin 7 out because according to one member from other forum Pin3 und Pin7 were unnecessary. Is it true? Do I need Pin3 (/WP IO2) and Pin7 (HOLD OR / RESET IO3) too?

I have already tried to use Flashrom 0.9.9 (Raspbian, Raspberry Pi2) with Teclasts X98pro Gigadevice Eprom but Flashrom doesn’t seem not to support that chip natively.

Would really appreciate if someone could tell me whether Pin3 and Pin7 were necessary while flashing the bios.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar