V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

This topic contains 61 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Stefan
    Participant

Great, now we also have the “v6”. At least if the changes justify a new version No.^^ Wich leads me to the question about remarkable changes of Hard and/or Firmware?

Please be carefull with “naming” of system relevant informations! The only “5.12” number i could find was the Core Version 5.12 on the Bios Main page.

And that number is the same for v3 and v4. (Missed to check it on my old v5, but i could bet it is the same.)

Could it be the Bios Tag that “makes”  the different Bios versions compatible? At least for v4 and v5 it is the same.

Moe
    Participant

The System BIOS Version is 5.12 on my V6 too, so it seems not to say anything. But the BIOS Tag could be really interesting.

Giovanni
    Participant

@Moe how did you extract the .rom BIOS?
    BTW with AMIBCP you can see every information in every BIOS and even potentially unlock extra features.

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Moe
    Participant

With AMIAfu https://ami.com/en/products/bios-uefi-tools-and-utilities/bios-uefi-utilities/. I already tried to unlock features, but it not as simple as settings access rights to user.

Giovanni
    Participant

Access rights? I’m able to open the ROM without problem.
    The only problem is that I don’t have a EZBook yet :’)

Chris G
    Keymaster

@thegiolly But can you save it after enabling the advanced features menu?

I can also confirm that my V4 (first model) has a good keyboard and wifi. But I have that rubbish NCard eMMC (doesn’t worry me I use an SSD anyway) Since my bios is unlocked I’m leaving it and never bother to upgrade.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Giovanni
    Participant

@thegiolly But can you save it after enabling the advanced features menu? I can also confirm that my V4 (first model) has a good keyboard and wifi. But I have that rubbish NCard eMMC (doesn’t worry me I use an SSD anyway) Since my bios is unlocked I’m leaving it and never bother to upgrade.

The problem is that with AMIBCP you can only edit the .rom file and they all seem unlocked, even the v5 and v6.
    I found out looking at the log that in the v5 and v6 it looks for a specific combination of hex parameters and if it’s matched it hides the two extra menus.
    Now I have to find out where those hex data is stored.

Giovanni
    Participant

Ok, found it!

@moetm how did you extract the setup.bin? Always with AFUWIN or with something else?
    EDIT. got it, universal ifr extractor?

John Smith
    Participant

Can you tell me where are these hex parameters stored? In NVRAM? That case we can unlock all versions easy.

Moe
    Participant

@giovani I already edited the hex file changing the suppress region to false, but I seems to be not enough (see my posts)

The 0A is the suppress if enum

The 82 is begin of a region and says the Suppress if has two bytes

The 46 is the condition variable which is in your case true, which means suppress, 47 would be false so no suppress, but it don’t work for me

John Smith
    Participant

Remove both if helps? Like ont scren shot left side (v4 Bios).

Giovanni
    Participant

@moetm
    This
    should be the V6 with all menus unlocked if someone wants to try.
    I included all the tools i used and also various IFR “logs”.

Moe
    Participant

I Saw that you changed the order around the suppress if command, but what did you change at the beginning of the setup.bin, checksum bytes?

Giovanni
    Participant

I Saw that you changed the order around the suppress if command, but what did you change at the beginning of the setup.bin, checksum bytes?

At the beginning? Nothing, just changed the order as you said

Moe
    Participant

But I checked the byte code and there are changes from the original to updated at the beginning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password