V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series V4 or V5 or V6 or Bios or whatever that spoils a thread!!!!!!!

This topic contains 59 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Giovanni 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi guys i did extract my bios rom with AFUWIN64 and then modify with AMIBCP_v5.0.1 to unlock all features but now i cant flash this new bios rom using the AFUWIN64 gives me error. Any advice? thx

Modding it with AMIBCP is not enough

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Moe
    Participant

it doesn’t work anyway to just use amibcp to unlock the menus, so not worse a try, sry.

JesDoias
    Participant

Just a fast update regarding the unlocked BIOS: Me and @moetm are still working on it and I’m pretty confident that between today and tomorrow we will have a working and fully unlocked BIOS.

Any news? 🙂

Another question: can somebody write a quick guide to bios flash? (what programs, what options use…) Thank you very much for the work you’re doing! 🙂

ronisize
    Participant

Guys! Keep calm! Once a solution is ready, they will post it!

Stefan
    Participant

A quick guide is kind of funny… I can tell you how i did it. (Based on Hodins great work and discovery. Thanks again, Hodin!)

You need a clean FAT32 formatted USB stick with not more than 8GB. Laptop should be fully charged and connected to charger.

Make sure your Bios is a v5!!! (You can check that with HWinfo for example.)  v5 is build 11/06/17 Bios Tag 3BANS010. Even better would be to check your Bios dump with AMIBCP. Also check the v4 Bios if it’s the right one! Both versions should be Bios Tag 3BANS010!!!

Make a copy of your  current Bios and store it on the USB stick. Rename it to v5. (I used AFUWINGUIx64 for that.) It’s save to do it out of Windows. IMPORTANT! Do NOT use AFUWIN to flash the Bios out of Windows!!!

Now you need a valid copy of a v4 Bios. Rename it to v4 and put it on the stick. v4 is build 08/07/17 Bios Tag 3BANS010.

Look for AfuEfi64, extract it if packed and put all files without folder on the stick.

Now restart the Laptop and switch to Bios. Go to Boot Menue and select “Build in EFI shell”.

In efi shell, switch to the usb stick and check directory to make sure.

Now you can start the flashing process with the command: AfuEfix64.efi v4.rom /P /B

Let it do its work…

After flashing is finished, exit efi shell to Bios and restart.

Let it load into windows, than power off.

After the restart, Bios v4 should work.

IMPORTANT!

I’m not responsible if you damage your Laptop!

Flashing only works from v5 down to v4 at the moment.

You may want to wait with flashing based on this guide till another expirienced user confirmed all steps.

You may want to wait another day or 2 if Giovanni can find a rather save way to unlock Bios!

Moe
    Participant

Giovanni and I found a way to unlock the bios. We will post more tomorrow 🙂

Stefan
    Participant

That’s what i was expecting^^  Now i’m curious how you did it and if it works for all versions. But i think i can wait another day.

Tumbs up!

Marcio Santos
    Participant

Hi guys, any news?

Giovanni
    Participant

Hi guys, any news?

Yes, i’m trying to post but every time my posts get deleted for no apparent reasons.
    I’m wating for @chris to check

sportnok
    Participant

Whats the difference between the v5 and v6?

Aleksandr
    Participant

Well,

It is not possible to flash from v6 to v4. I’ve bricked my 3 pro 🙁

Anyway it was a good exp.

So, if no success with restoring on programmer – my daughter will have a nice-looking toy (after batteries removal) :)))

Giovanni
    Participant

Well, It is not possible to flash from v6 to v4. I’ve bricked my 3 pro 🙁 Anyway it was a good exp. So, if no success with restoring on programmer – my daughter will have a nice-looking toy (after batteries removal) :)))

If you restore with programmer it will 100% work againd 🙂

Aleksandr
    Participant

Yep, sure
    Thanks!

Anyway, I’m not so afraid of not restoring it, as have got some valuable knowledge about UEFI and will have one more 3 pro in about < month (or will be 2, if this will be restored 🙂 )

Aleksandr
    Participant

I’ve got a second EzBook 3 Pro, it appears to be a V5 one.
    And on the russian’s 4PDA forum found the following working unlocked “BIOSses”

BIOS V5 Date 11/06/2017 14:30:19 Ver 3BANS010 JUMPER10x.P8.WP313P.NhNAUHL02
    V5

BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017 19:25:21 Ver 3BANS010 Jumper10x.P8.WP3132.NHNAUHL01
    V6

Original message here (note: on Russian)

IMPORTANT!
    Please be careful and check twice about the version you have: these ones are not compatible between, so it is possible to brick you 3Pro with incorrect bios version. Well, as usual – if you want to do it –  it’s you own risk. I’m not responsible if you damage your Laptop!

Giovanni
    Participant

I’ve got a second EzBook 3 Pro, it appears to be a V5 one. And on the russian’s 4PDA forum found the following working unlocked “BIOSses” BIOS V5 Date 11/06/2017 14:30:19 Ver 3BANS010 JUMPER10x.P8.WP313P.NhNAUHL02 V5 BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017 19:25:21 Ver 3BANS010 Jumper10x.P8.WP3132.NHNAUHL01 V6 Original message here (note: on Russian) IMPORTANT! Please be careful and check twice about the version you have: these ones are not compatible between, so it is possible to brick you 3Pro with incorrect bios version. Well, as usual – if you want to do it – it’s you own risk. I’m not responsible if you damage your Laptop!

Those are my unlocke BIOSes from here https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password