Windows Only Tablet Partitioning Help

Windows Only Tablet Partitioning Help

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series Windows Only Tablet Partitioning Help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

Hello,

I bought a Telcast x80 Pro (E3e9) tablet for cheap. I thought it would be easy to reinstall the OS and merge the partitions. The only problem is that no matter what I use, EaseUS, Windows 10 installer (from live USB drive), Minitool, etc. Nothing works to merge the partitions. I looked at the forums and people seem to merge partitions and make an Android only tablet.  I haven’t a clue as to how to merge my unallocated space. I tried to delete the partition in the live USB boot, but it will not delete. It comes up with an error, then does nothing. I tried to format it to the same file system. Is there something I am missing in the Uefi? I am out of ideas. Please help, I really wanna enjoy this tablet.

Jim
    Participant

Is the bios on the emmc? Because maybe if I delete everything, then I could merge the drives. Is there a way to flash the bios or reinstall the bios?

Bunny Lam
    Participant

to merge the partition is very easy

1. you need a usb with 8G and copy the teclast x80 pro offical windows image files into it and name it WINPE
    2. you need to use a windows 10 machine and use windows update helper to download the generic windows 10 installation image, you must not check the option specific for that machine, must be generic verison and copy the image files into a 8G USB then name it WINPE
    3. boot up the x80 pro with the generic windows 10 and then remove all the partitions, and do nothing. Must not create new partition and delete them all
    4. boot up the x80 pro with the offical x80 windows USB and that all! You now get a single windows 10 X80 pro.
    Jim
    Participant

Where do I get the official windows images? If it is from the chinese site, I cannot download them for some reason, is there an alternate download link?

Jim
    Participant

I tried reinstalling, but it won’t install correctly. Do I gotta delete and start over again?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rob
    Participant

Looking at the picture you uploaded, I’d say that partition 3 is the Android partition and partition 4 is the Previous Windows 10 partition.

From reading Bunny’s post up above, it looks like you’d delete those in step 3.

Here’s a couple of other links that might help.

[Tutorial/Download] Teclast X80 Pro Windows 10 reset

https://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-air/help/teclast-x80-pro-e3e6-dual-os-win10-t3428897

Jim
    Participant

I have windows 10 up and running, but I have none of the drivers and nothing seems to work. I downloaded the stuff from the Teclast site, but it doesn’t seem to wanna work. I read to format the drive and name it winpe, but after that I am at an absolute loss. I saw a video where someone could manually install the drivers one by one for a different tablet. I wish I had that luxury. But looked in drivers and tried running the bat which did nothing at all. If anyone has a way of making that work, let me know. I see something called recovery, but it is in wim format. Does this have the drivers in it too? I am not sure how to use that at all. Any suggestions. I didn’t back up drivers or anything since I thought they had the installs for them on the Teclast site. If anyone has the drivers for E3e9, that would save my day. As you can see in the photo I am in a folder called recovery and I have no way of using the wim file that I know of.

Attachments:
    Rob
    Participant

Another poster here, G F, recently went through this and they posted a link about backing up Windows drivers using the DISM command.

Windows 10 Driver Backup using DISM Command

I ran this on my x80Pro (E3E9) and it created 33 subfolders, which still didn’t seem so bad.  Unfortunately there were 600+ files all together and it was 1GB in size.  I compressed it down and it’s still 400+MB in size.  Just a quick eyeball scan through the folders didn’t find any giant files so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Are you able to run that same DISM command?  Maybe that would narrow down which drivers you need.  Also, maybe someone can jump in and help identify a better way to do this, or somewhere they are already posted online.

The subfolders have names like, “netrtwlans.inf_amd64_eaee2bf4b0d2f66d”, if that helps describe it.

TechnoMax
    Participant

I too have the plan to get rid of the Android partitions and make the tablet a Windows only device. (I could not update to the latest Windows version because the small 32 GB eMMC is nearly full already.) So far I made a backup of the drivers with Double Driver and a backup of the Windows partitions with AOMEI. As far as I understand the advice given so far, it is *not* possible to boot a Windows USB stick with 1703 (in my case 15.063.447, relatively new) and then wipe all partions, including the many Android ones and then install Windows on the blank eMMC? I did this with Windows machines several times, and here it does not work?

TechnoMax
    Participant

I changed the tablet successfully to Windows only:

First I deleted the Android partitions. I tried several free partition software versions for this step but in the end I used Mini Partition Wizard. I deleted evey partition except on 100 MB for Windows, the big Windows System partition and the Recovery partition. I then moved the 100 MB and the System partition to the “left” of the eMMC. Finally I encreased the System partition with the freed Android space, it gave me 16,6 GB free of 28,1 GB total on the system partition. Now I could upgrade to 1703. First I tried it with an USB stick but this would have taken hours, probably longer than the battery would last. So I copied the install stick to a MicroSD card. From there the Windows update was as fast as on “normal” PCs. In order to be able to install the outstanding updates I had to do a drive cleaning operation in Explorer, because the biggest unneccessary files that blocked the updates were the former windows installation files. Now only the drivers were missing and for this I used my portable Double Driver backup, a first look into the device manager shows no missing drivers now.

TechnoMax
    Participant

I am actually not that sure any more regarding the partitions and their location.

My Teclast now shows 4 partitions: 1: 100MB primary partition, 2: 376 Mb EFI system partition, 3: C 28,19 GB NTFS system partition, 4: 480 MB recovery partition. I do not have the selection screen any more and the device boots Windows automatically.
    My other unchanged Android+Windows device shows still a lot partitions: https://i.imgur.com/sCu6yok.jpg
    I now would rather play it save and start first with a driver backup via Double Driver and a system backup with the backup program of your choice (I now use AOMEI Backupper for most cases, even for universal restore). And then probably do a clean install from an USB 1703 stick. During installation you get asked where to install, you then can delete each and every partition and let Windows create all the neccessary ones before writing to the disk. You loose the recovery partition, but with a full system backup it is not that neccessary any way.
    If you hesitate with a total clean install I think only the 100 MB partition and the system partition have to be moved to the left in order to ad the free space gained from the former Android partitions. I think the recovery partition has to be the last on the drive.

Víctor Cespón
    Participant

I have now converted 7 dual boot tablets to Windows-only and the procedure has always been the same.

1. Create a pen-drive with the Microsoft Media creation tool. Just make sure you select Windows home 64 bits and your language.
    2. Download and unzip a folder with Tablet drivers to this or other pen-drive
    3. Shutdown Tablet
    4. Connect a USB hub with USB keyboard, USB mouse and the pen-drive created on point 1
    5. Power on the Tablet and press Supr to go into BIOS
    6. On boot options change Fast boot to disabled,
    7. On the bottom of that page there’s a list of devices, select your USB pen-drive so it boots from it
    8. Start Windows Installation, select advanced installation
    9. From here, DELETE ALL partitions. Do not create any partitions. Leave all space as unused.
    10. Windows will create the partitions it needs and install
    11. Just after finishing Windows install, go to settings, recover options and reboot to change startup options. Look for a tutorial on Internet. Select option 7, “Do not require signed drivers”
    12. Back in Windows, open device manager, right-click on each “unknown device”, select update driver and lead it to the pen-drive with the drivers

And that’s it, after all devices have been installed you’ll have Wifi, sound, touch input, camera…

Drivers for X80 Pro (E6E9 I think), here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1etDzJfum8kjHXwCEWDfVFsQE1iJF3B91

Marc
    Participant

Hello Victor,

many thanks for your tutorial post !

In conjunction with some other posts I could make a full backup of my X80Pro(E6E9) Hard Disk (veeery long), make a backup of all drivers with Driver Double and finally install Windows 10 alone, sucessfully.

Thus, I have been very surprised to see  the OS selection screen still appearing at startup…

Do you have a same behavior ? A solution to get rid of this ?

Warm regards

Marc

JesDoias
    Participant

Hello, yes to remove this you should use the app that exist in the original Image

Attachments:
    Marc
    Participant

Hello JesDoias,

I just tested it, it does not work. The Bios version I have is E6E9. Perhaps this utility works for a different Bios version.

Unlike screenshots that I can see on the web, my OS selection screen does not have the little icons on the upper left side . I guess this selection screen is part of the Bios and there is no more a way to set Windows by default.

Anyway, thanks you for your file, pictures and message ! Very kind of you.

BR

Marc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar