[Tutorial/Download] Teclast X80 Pro Windows 10 reset

[Tutorial/Download] Teclast X80 Pro Windows 10 reset

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series [Tutorial/Download] Teclast X80 Pro Windows 10 reset

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I decided to provide a short tutorial on how to fully reset the Windows 10 back to its original state. More important, after fighting my way through Chinese Daidu’s download procedure to get the necessary files I would like to make it a bit easier for my fellow X80 Pro owners.

Who needs to reset his/her tablet back to the original state?

• People who just want to go back to the Windows 10 factory settings
    • More relevant: People who wanted to reset their Windows 10 and now are stuck in the reset screen (for me it was at 81%) and cannot start the OS anymore

What do I need to do to get my tablet back working like on its first day?

• Hardware requirements:
      • 8GB USB flash drive
      • USB Keyboard
      • USB-Hub (optional but more convenient)
      • X80 Pro tablet with at least 70% battery charge

• Dual-Boot Android 5 + Windows 10 files
      • Files will be available for download “soon” (yes… I need to upload them to a filehoster @ 100KB per sec :-/ )

• Procedure:
      1. Copy the content of the downloaded folder (“XYZ”) which is in the RAR-archive onto your formatted USB drive using your PC
      2. Plug in your USB keyboard using an OTG cable >>OR<< using the USB-hub inbetween and plug in the USB flash drive as well
      3. Power on your X80 Pro tablet and continuosly smash “del” on the keyboard
      4. You will end up in the UEFI/BIOS screen
      5. Navigate to “Save & Exit”
      6. Go to “Windows Recovery” in the “Boot override” section and select it (if you are using the USB hub continue now with step 12)
      7. Your tablet will now start the Windows Recovery mode
      8. Now unplug your USB keyboard and plug in the USB flash drive
      9. Tap on “Troubleshoot” and go to “Advanced options”
      10. Now tap on “UEFI Firmware Settings” and hit “Restart” and your tablet will reboot into the UEFI again
      11. Navigate to “Save & Exit”
      12. Tap on your USB flash drive’s name in the “Boot override” section and the recovery process will start automatically

If you encounter any problems like a bluescreen with something like an “bios ACPI error” just follow the previous steps again and it should work. To “hard-shutdown” your device press+hold the “power” and “volume-down” button simultaneously. Then power on your device using the power button.

Constructive feedback and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Credits/Sources:

Deby
    Participant

Deby
    Participant

tom
    Participant

any news about the files?

luc
    Participant

Hey.

All firmware for Teclast X80 PRO (e3e6) is now available on Teclast website in download section on One Drive Cloud so everybody can download it without problems.

Dariusz Siwek
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a problem, after trying to restore windows it failed and I needed to reinstall it. I finally downloaded “X80 Pro (SR200)-双系统_20160603版_Win10_系统安装文件” but when I boot it, command window pops out and starts to work, but then error occurs picture in the attachment, what can I do?

My version :E3E8

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Boi
    Participant

Hello,

I have a similar problem the command window pops up and I get this. Please help 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Boi
    Participant

Hi,

I had a similar error and I tried with the files from the official teclast website and it finally worked.

The files are 8.3 gigabytes so you might need an other pendrive with 16 gb capacity.

http://www.teclast.com/en/firmware/

Dariusz Siwek
    Participant

Hi, I had a similar error and I tried with the files from the official teclast website and it finally worked. The files are 8.3 gigabytes so you might need an other pendrive with 16 gb capacity. http://www.teclast.com/en/firmware/

Can you post here direct download link for firmware please? What is your tablet version – E3E8 (even if you have different but x80 pro please post the link)? When I put my model in teclast page, I have an error and it finds nothing.

HollyT
    Participant

Hello, I have a similar problem the command window pops up and I get this. Please help ?

I had this problem. I found the solution from another thread and it’s kinda stupid – You have to rename the usb-drive as WINPE.

Also, you HAVE to format the usb- drive as FaT32 in Windows. I formatted that in Mac and it didn’t work.

Boi
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I have the h6c3, It’s strange that yours is not on the website. If you type in h6c3 you will get a onedrive link, I’m not sure if it’s good for your model.</p>

flipflap
    Participant

Hi, i have x80 pro e3e8 and have managed to screw windows (inaccessible boot device). i tried reset but didn’t work. i managed to boot from usb and deleted the windows partition and was wondering if installing windows 10 created using windows media creation tool will work or not and will it install all drivers. decided to look here and try the official teclast windows first but can’t download it from the site. can somebody please send a mirror link. THANKS!!!!

Francisco Gutiérrez
    Participant

I have removed android completely and windows touch screen and other stuff Is working well in my x80 pro. (I backed up the entire drive with ubuntu save it and so on, later on I use a windows USB x64 and delete all the partitions to fully use them with windows) I am going to use it as a RPI with screen and so on.

But I need your help some drivers doesn’t work right:

Sound card appears with troubles and the orientation is not working well.

All the links in techtablets download section doesn’t work, could someone, please, to upload windows back up of the drivers so I could restore all the drivers.

e3e8 is my model, If you have a x80 running with windows there is some apps to backup all the drivers.

Thank you in advance!

flipflap
    Participant

@francisco

How did you install windows? I am getting error when selecting windows partition. The system is ntfs and need to format.

Can you give step by step hide on how you managed to install windows

Thanks!!

Francisco Gutiérrez
    Participant

no big deal,

1. Save your windows productKey with ProductKey
    2. Use Windows Media creation tool and create a windows 10 USB https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10
    3. Backup your drivers using double driver or whatever (I forgot this step)
    4. Backup all the data in your tablet
      I make an image of the mmc with ubuntu so if something goes wrong I can restore all partitions (recovery included)
    5. Connect a usb hub with a keyboard, a mouse (you will need it eventually)  and the Windows boot usb
    6.  restart your tablet and hit “delete” until enter in the bios
    7. Go to the last top tab (to save changes and so on) and select your windows usb in “Boot override”
    8. Windows Boots and you click in install WIndows (no repair or so on)
    9. When it will show you all the partitions delete them all and create a new one.
    10. insert the key and restore the drivers

I hope it helps!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar